What's new

Coronavirus deaths in the US could reach peak in three weeks, epidemiologist says

F-22Raptor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
CNN)A leading epidemiologist advising the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has estimated the peak of deaths in the US coronavirus pandemic will be three weeks from now, after which "most of the damage will be done," and says it may be possible to only isolate the vulnerable, allowing many back to work.

The CDC confirmed that Ira Longini, professor at the Center for Statistics and Quantitative Infectious Diseases at the University of Florida, is a "funded partner." The agency said he works with them on Covid-19 modeling.

Modeling is not precise, and uses known data to project trends in disease spread, and there were dissenting opinions expressed to CNN about Longini's analysis. Yet two other disease experts broadly agreed with the estimate.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/health/coronavirus-death-peak-three-weeks-epidemiologist/index.html

Hopefully in a month things will begin to return back to normal.

CNN)A leading epidemiologist advising the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has estimated the peak of deaths in the US coronavirus pandemic will be three weeks from now, after which "most of the damage will be done," and says it may be possible to only isolate the vulnerable, allowing many back to work.

The CDC confirmed that Ira Longini, professor at the Center for Statistics and Quantitative Infectious Diseases at the University of Florida, is a "funded partner." The agency said he works with them on Covid-19 modeling.

Modeling is not precise, and uses known data to project trends in disease spread, and there were dissenting opinions expressed to CNN about Longini's analysis. Yet two other disease experts broadly agreed with the estimate.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/health/coronavirus-death-peak-three-weeks-epidemiologist/index.html

Hopefully in a month things will begin to return back to normal.

let us hope for the best .

Best case 5 million and worst case 50 million deaths.

you saw china controlled it , every country is locking down and all are taking measures to stop corona where it it is , so i don't think your figures are realistic .

The United States has the world's leading medicine. They have the ability to solve problems

withing few months they will come with the right medicine .

you saw china controlled it , every country is locking down and all are taking measures to stop corona where it it is , so i don't think your figures are realistic .

Chinese DNA is already immune to these exotic viruses. Other races do not have the same immunity.

Chinese DNA is already immune to these exotic viruses. Other races do not have the same immunity.

if they are immune why so many deaths in china ? why other races do not have this immunity ? i don't think this statement have any scientific foundation.

if they are immune why so many deaths in china ? why other races do not have this immunity ? i don't think this statement have any scientific foundation.

What so many deaths? Italy has more deaths than China already and is getting worse.

unrelated to racial immunity. The high number of deaths in Italy is due to the fact that they do not take strong measures to isolate infected people

yes that is right .they did not know it is so serious .

The impact of the ensuing economic crash that is being orchestrated by the economic elites will be far worse than anything the coronavirus will do. That almost seems irreversible now.

Back
Top Bottom