What's new

US life expectancy is at its lowest in 25 years - BBC NEWS

With 1.4 billion population, Chinese people's life expectancy is even higher than that of US, which is only a fraction of China's population size, what a great achievement, for the both sides.

You seem to be good at listing specific causes of what you think is causing US life expediencies to not be higher but when it comes to your own causes you are completely evasive and non-specific.

Why is that? Is it because the US has a more open system of reporting while China keeps its citizens in the dark?

You listed "Gun violence, drugs, broken healthcare system" for the US..what was China's??

You seem to be good at listing specific causes of what you think is causing US life expediencies to not be higher but when it comes yto your own causes you are completely evasive and non-specific.

Why is that? Is because the US has a more open system of reporting while China keeps its citizens in the dark?
You can deny the decline of US life expectancy and the rise of China's, denial is always your last resort.

You can deny the decline of US life expectancy and the rise of China's, denial is always your last resort.

China's life expectancy was 70.58 in 2000. It is now 77.

What widespread problems did China have that it was so much lower than the US?

You like to quickly list ours but are completely evasive about your own.

My list item is your tradition Chinese healthcare system was inadequate. You changed over to a Western one and the health of your citizens dramatically improved.

China's life expectancy was 70.58 in 2000. It is now 77.

What widespread problems did China have that it was so much lower than the US?
Much bigger population, do you know why Hong kong's life expectancy tops the world? Both are Chinese but Hong kong has a much smaller population.

微信图片_20230604235958.png

Much bigger population, do you know why Hong kong's life expectancy tops the world? Both are Chinese but Hong kong has a much smaller population.

View attachment 932962

Again since you absolutely refuse to list any specific causes I will simply by default (until otherwise corrected) list the reason was likely because your traditional Chinese medicine was inadequate compared to switching to Western medicine.

Again since you absolutely refuse to list any specific causes I will simply by default (until otherwise corrected) list the reason was likely because your traditional Chinese medicine was inadequate compared to switching to Western medicine.
The specific cause is one fifth of the humanity, I already pointed it out.

The specific cause is one fifth of the humanity, I already pointed it out.

I already pointed it out too that China's traditional medicine solutions were inadequate to treat one fifth of humanity so when they switch to more Westernized medical approaches the life expectancy rose.

Again another situation where Western advances bailed you out.

I already pointed it out too that China's traditional medicine solutions were inadequate to treat one fifth of humanity so when they switch to more Westernized medical approaches the life expectancy rose.

Again another situation where Western advances bailed you out.
Technological progresses don't have boundaries, US has been only around for 300 years, do you think US gets to today's level from nothing without the previous accumulation of technological achievements made by the whole humanity? besides, what does it have to do with the deline of US life expectancy this thread is talking about?

Technological progresses don't have boundaries, US has been only around for 300 years, do you think US gets to today's level from nothing without the previous accumulation of technological achievements made by the whole humanity? besides, what does it have to do with the deline of US life expectancy this thread is talking about?
The 'Life Expectancy' statistics have limited usefulness. Its misleading interpretations are well known enough.

Again you are not saying anything to prove or disprove my assessment of Western medicine being the main positive cause to the change in China's life expectancy as traditional Chinse medicine was inadequate.

Again you are not saying anything to prove or disprove my assessment of Western medicine being the main positive cause to the change in China's life expectancy as traditional Chinse medicine was inadequate.
Are you trying hard to go off topic? technology and progress don't have country boundaries, how many top life expectancy countries are western countries?
微信图片_20230604235958.png

Are you trying hard to go off topic? technology and progress don't have country boundaries, how many top life expectancy countries are western countries?
View attachment 932969

I can can completely understand Hong Kong as under the British healthcare system they had a life expectancy of above 65 even way back in 1950 while mainland China's was still less than 45.

Again this is to be expected.

I can can completely understand Hong Kong as under the British healthcare system they had a life expectancy of around 65 even back in 1950 while mainland China's was still less than 45.
1950's you should ask ROC, today's Taiwan, PRC wasn't estalished until 1949, and Can you understand the different between 6 million and 1.4 billion?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom