What's new

Coronavirus Could Be The End Of China As Global Manufacturing Hub

assembly and test are already dominated by mainland China and Taiwan. You know as well as I do that multinationals are extremely risk averse and will rarely switch from proven suppliers to unknown ones. Even for process supplies like chemicals, getting a company to switch from say, Entegris to Gelest, is very hard, and that's for essentially interchangable bulk commodities, not really specialized services.
You are talking to the choir, unfortunately, that choir is the Chinese forum members and they do not know any better. I do know better, much better. The semiconductor industry is already in Viet Nam. Do the keyword search and see for yourself.

You are talking to the choir, unfortunately, that choir is the Chinese forum members and they do not know any better. I do know better, much better. The semiconductor industry is already in Viet Nam. Do the keyword search and see for yourself.

it's going to be unprofitable and fail.

it will never have the ecosystem of design, fab, equipment, maintenance, chemicals, test/assembly and applications that China has.

they don't have the IP. they don't have the research. they are also not even trying to get the IP or research.

it's going to be unprofitable and fail.

it will never have the ecosystem of design, fab, equipment, maintenance, chemicals, test/assembly and applications that China has.

they don't have the IP. they don't have the research. they are also not even trying to get the IP or research.
China will continue to be a major manufacturing location for any semicon company already doing business in China. But all of them have their versions of Intel's 'Copy Smart' program where technology from one site are transferred to another, to the other side of the world, if necessary, and the new site will produce shippable products within one yr. If Mexico steps up, US companies are readied, after all, we are literally next door neighbors. Intel is an investor in Viet Nam.

IP? China disregard it. We would be no worse off with both Mexico and Viet Nam. Perhaps with the Chinese lesson, we would do better regarding IP in Mexico and Viet Nam.

Research? Not every site has to do research. Take Micron, for example. Micron Idaho is now a science and technology center. Micron Utah is a low volume manufacturing center where they develop and refine the manufacturing processes of the new technology. Micron Virginia is a high volume site for commodity products.

You are in no position to make any kind of prediction. Simply put, you do not know what you are talking about.

China will continue to be a major manufacturing location for any semicon company already doing business in China. But all of them have their versions of Intel's 'Copy Smart' program where technology from one site are transferred to another, to the other side of the world, if necessary, and the new site will produce shippable products within one yr. If Mexico steps up, US companies are readied, after all, we are literally next door neighbors. Intel is an investor in Viet Nam.

IP? China disregard it. We would be no worse off with both Mexico and Viet Nam. Perhaps with the Chinese lesson, we would do better regarding IP in Mexico and Viet Nam.

Research? Not every site has to do research. Take Micron, for example. Micron Idaho is now a science and technology center. Micron Utah is a low volume manufacturing center where they develop and refine the manufacturing processes of the new technology. Micron Virginia is a high volume site for commodity products.

You are in no position to make any kind of prediction. Simply put, you do not know what you are talking about.

lol what a joke, YOU are the one with no idea what you're talking about. China's an IP and research generator in semicon, Vietnam and Mexico are not. this means that there is a supplier ecosystem in China already as well as trained talent.

A Vietnam/Mexico fab doesn't even have the talent because the univesities can't produce them. they can't even do their own maintenance. forget about it. if they could they would but since they can't they don't.

i feel like theres always 2 camps of circle jerk between the chinese and americans :usflag::china:

China will never catch up to the West in semiconductor industry, commercial aircraft industry and software industry.

Those 3 industries are the Crown Jewels of Western technology.

i feel like theres always 2 camps of circle jerk between the chinese and americans :usflag::china:
Chinese on PDF don't usually post offensive threads against others. I find that there are some China haters here and almost all their posts are some type of attack against China. Circle jerk is just natural human instincts. If you see your people or country attacked, you will naturally speak up for them. Everyone does this but seems when Chinese do it, this is wrong.

Chinese on PDF don't usually post offensive threads against others. I find that there are some China haters here and almost all their posts are some type of attack against China. Circle jerk is just natural human instincts. If you see your people or country attacked, you will naturally speak up for them. Everyone does this but seems when Chinese do it, this is wrong.

You missed the swine fever outbreak attacks on the Chinese. This is how it went:

"China was to blame for the swine diseases in China

Pork is haram
Chinese are disgusting for eating pork
Chinese pig farms had to kill millions of pigs because Chinese eating habits are disgusting, eating forbidden pork
Chinese deserve their diseases because Chinese eat pork

PDFers "See... completely Xi's fault for spreading swine fever:"

Chinese pig farm attempts to block criminal drones with signal jammer, accidentally disrupts planes

One of China's biggest animal feed producers resorted to using a radio transmitter to block drones being used by crooks to spread African swine fever at its farms.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...attempts-block-criminal-drones-signal-jammer/

PDFers "Same thing probably happened with this coronavirus, spread by criminals with links to Xi to collapse the Chinese economy."

"No way the enemies of China have to do with both the swine fever and coronavirus, why would China's enemies want to hurt the Chinese economy, only disgusting Chinese to blame, they eat exotic foods like pork and deserve their diseases"

"

end of the observation

I kept my mouth shut then, but observed and remembered. There are nefarious forces trying to ruin the Chinese economy, centered around trump. That is why I am certain trump ordered this coronavirus attack. trump's job is to ruin the Chinese economy and get others to ruin the economy too.

You missed the swine fever outbreak attacks on the Chinese. This is how it went:

Pork is haram
Chinese pig farms had to kill millions of pigs because Chinese eating habits are disgusting, eating forbidden pork

Chinese pig farm attempts to block criminal drones with signal jammer, accidentally disrupts planes

One of China's biggest animal feed producers resorted to using a radio transmitter to block drones being used by crooks to spread African swine fever at its farms.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...attempts-block-criminal-drones-signal-jammer/

PDFers "Same thing probably happened with this coronavirus, spread by criminals with links to Xi to collapse the Chinese economy."

"No way the enemies of China have to do with both the swine fever and coronavirus, why would China's enemies want to hurt the Chinese economy, only disgusting Chinese to blame, they eat exotic foods like pork and deserve their diseases"

"

end of the observation

I kept my mouth shut then, but observed and remembered. There are nefarious forces trying to ruin the Chinese economy, centered around trump. That is why I am certain trump ordered this coronavirus attack. trump's job is to ruin the Chinese economy and get others to ruin the economy too.
Still can't prove if this is a biological weapon so I won't comment. Just started viewing PDF late last year so I don't know the history. January was quite bad. A lot of blame about bat soup and the wet markets even though there was no proof this was the source of the virus. PDF is quite diverse with good posters so it is possible to ignore trolls. If the interaction becomes arguing, it is best to move on.

Pork is haram

"

end of the observation

your observation is correct i think, but your conclusion probably isn't, ok..
you're basing your conclusion on rumors generated from media headlines, and you might be doing that to yourself.

Still can't prove if this is a biological weapon so I won't comment. Just started viewing PDF late last year so I don't know the history. January was quite bad. A lot of blame about bat soup and the wet markets even though there was no proof this was the source of the virus. PDF is quite diverse with good posters so it is possible to ignore trolls. If the interaction becomes arguing, it is best to move on.
trolls are everywhere on the internet. there's no preventing that, unfortunately :)

it's about *how* you do it, not *if* you do it.

lol what a joke, YOU are the one with no idea what you're talking about. China's an IP and research generator in semicon, Vietnam and Mexico are not. this means that there is a supplier ecosystem in China already as well as trained talent.

A Vietnam/Mexico fab doesn't even have the talent because the univesities can't produce them. they can't even do their own maintenance. forget about it. if they could they would but since they can't they don't.
You are saying this to ease your own fears, not because you know what you are talking about. If the South Koreans, the Japanese, the Euros, and the Americans can raise China out of the intellectual poverty that communism started, have no doubt we can do the same to Mexico and Viet Nam.

https://www.ceicdata.com/en/mexico/semiconductor-product-exports

If the South Koreans, the Japanese, the Euros, and the Americans can raise China out of the intellectual poverty that communism started, have no doubt we can do the same to Mexico and Viet Nam.

https://www.ceicdata.com/en/mexico/semiconductor-product-exports
Wrong. China was in economic poverty. But never in intellectual poverty. Which is decided by gene. Chinese have been smart since for ever. China lagged behind world because modern education was not invited until 100 years ago.

Unless you can change gene. You can never raise intellectual poverty.

Wrong. China was in economic poverty. But never in intellectual poverty. Which is decided by gene. Chinese have been smart since for ever. China lagged behind world because modern education was not invited until 100 years ago.

i won't swear in public, but that's a load of #!@@#.. horsedung.
sorry, i swore in public.

why? because education patterns of a society *can* be changed in the timespan of 10 to 20 years.
and don't tell me that 'political resistance will prevent such dramatic shifts in a society' crap.

revolutions *have* happened in history. they've happened in every region on Earth, too.

now, you got your large revolutions (creation of the USA and Canada and the like), and your smaller ones, the ones that you don't read about often in the history books. the ones that are hard to find on google.

carry on (with the discussion).

i won't swear in public, but that's a load of #!@@#.. horsedung.
sorry, i swore in public.

why? because education patterns of a society *can* be changed in the timespan of 10 to 20 years.
and don't tell me that 'political resistance will prevent such dramatic shifts in a society' crap.

revolutions *have* happened in history. they've happened in every region on Earth, too.

now, you got your large revolutions (creation of the USA and Canada and the like), and your smaller ones, the ones that you don't read about often in the history books. the ones that are hard to find on google.

carry on (with the discussion).
Lot of nonsenses. I said modern education was invited 100 years ago. I didn't say it was established since then. China was in chaos in the first half of 20th century. The real and large scale eduction system was not established till 1950's. For the next several decades China had been facing west iron curtain. Some fools called breaking the iron curtain as "raising out of intellectual poverty". Joking me.

Textbook racism.

Absolutely disgraceful. This is the type of racial supremacy that Hitler believed in.

Back
Top Bottom