What's new

Coronavirus Could Be The End Of China As Global Manufacturing Hub

German work ethic > Chinese work ethic

You think so?. 100 years ago, it may be true, not now. Liberals, free market and multi-cultural society have eroded the so-called German work ethic, and even Japanese work ethic. I have worked with a lot of German and Germanic countries' companies. Now the blame game, irresponsible attitude, together with bureaucracy are becoming prevalent, if not a norm. Poorer product quality come together.

Chinese equipment (which I have experience with) are still somehow inferior in quality, but their work ethic are superior. They want to learn and they are serious to change, like the Japanese in 1960s.

Last edited:
This article says otherwise -
https://www.investopedia.com/news/united-states-imports-only-25-its-drugs/

USA imports 80% API from India, China, Israel, EU and few other countries combined. China does have high proportion share in few select medicines but overall, the imports from China is not 80%

China has unique blend of natural resource, large size and disciplined population. Countries which have such huge resources are limited - Russia, Australia & USA are the only ones with such massive resource base. But none of them have other factors. India has large population but had low water and natural resources.

The main reason for low cost Chinese production is that China gives away is resources for very low cost. Labor cost is only secondary. The real cost is in resources cost.

Intellectual property theft is done by everyone. USA did it from Germany, USA took resources from native people by force, did massive espionage on others via allies in Europe to arrive at tech superiority.

But technology alone isn't enough. Natural resource supply is essential. Very few countries have that much resource to compete with China

China gives away resources? lolwut?

China imports every raw material, exports manufactured goods. Oil, raw iron ore, all that's imported. Doesn't mean China doesn't have it. China just sits on oil reserves.

India imports manufactured goods, exports raw materials. Whose giving raw materials away?

India has far more arable land than China. India was blessed with geographic bounty and wasted it.

China imports every raw material, exports manufactured goods. Oil, raw iron ore, all that's imported. Doesn't mean China doesn't have it. China just sits on oil reserves.

Till 2014 China imported very little natural resources. It extracted it's open iron, lead, zinc, copper, coal etc which almost amounted to 40-50% of world total extraction of these resources. Only petroleum was imported in good quantity to 2014. Till 1995 China was not even importing oil. So, China is expiring its resources. Though China does not export direct resource but as manufactures products

India imports manufactured goods, exports raw materials. Whose giving raw materials away?
India doesn't expert raw materials except for iron ore or pig iron. That too, is bring limited nowadays. India imports copper, lead, zinc, coal, oil, had etc. Show me which raw material is expired by India in large quantity.

India has far more arable land than China. India was blessed with geographic bounty and wasted it.
India does not have more arable area than China. Arable area depends on water supply. China has twice the amount of water India has which automatically means that China can use more land for farming. Water availability is key.

Till 2014 China imported very little natural resources. It extracted it's open iron, lead, zinc, copper, coal etc which almost amounted to 40-50% of world total extraction of these resources. Only petroleum was imported in good quantity to 2014. Till 1995 China was not even importing oil. So, China is expiring its resources. Though China does not export direct resource but as manufactures products

India doesn't expert raw materials except for iron ore or pig iron. That too, is bring limited nowadays. India imports copper, lead, zinc, coal, oil, had etc. Show me which raw material is expired by India in large quantity.

India does not have more arable area than China. Arable area depends on water supply. China has twice the amount of water India has which automatically means that China can use more land for farming. Water availability is key.

propensity for incompetence, or the one towards exaggeration and lies?

china-iron-ore-imports-dec-2016_42385.jpg

Not until 2014 you say?

CEIP_Outlook_Coal_Fig2-490.jpg

India has less arable land?

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Agriculture/Arable-land/Hectares

propensity for incompetence, or the one towards exaggeration and lies?
China used to extract 1400 million time if or till 2014. The or was of 30% pretty and hence was enough to only produced 450 million tonne of steel. So, China did import ore. Nevertheless, China used to produce iron ore massively on its own and the import of our was only for exports of steel products.

Not until 2014 you say?

CEIP_Outlook_Coal_Fig2-490.jpg

Coal production in China is 3.8 billion tonne. This 150 million tonne is nothing in comparison. Similarly, China has massive amount of lead, zinc, copper, phosphate etc being moved every year. All these resources are used to manufacture products for exports.

Chinese attack area is 140 million hectares (1.4 million square kilometer).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agriculture_in_China

Most importantly, the water availability in China is very high and hence, the yourself per hectare is higher than Indian yield.

China used to extract 1400 million time if or till 2014. The or was of 30% pretty and hence was enough to only produced 450 million tonne of steel. So, China did import ore. Nevertheless, China used to produce iron ore massively on its own and the import of our was only for exports of steel products.

Coal production in China is 3.8 billion tonne. This 150 million tonne is nothing in comparison. Similarly, China has massive amount of lead, zinc, copper, phosphate etc being moved every year. All these resources are used to manufacture products for exports.

Chinese attack area is 140 million hectares (1.4 million square kilometer).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agriculture_in_China

Most importantly, the water availability in China is very high and hence, the yourself per hectare is higher than Indian yield.

Prove it. I don't see any data.

And the whole "mining your own resources = resource dependent economy" argument is hilarious. Americans are proud of mining and selling nonrenewable oil and gas. They are proud of selling food grown with non renewable fossil water.

India sells food even as millions of Indians starve and sells ore even as millions of Indians move by foot and go without power. I never see US or China do this, so whose the real resource economy? If India wasn't a resources economy why does it export food when Indians starve? Why not export your IT or pharmaceuticals that you brag about all the time?

And the whole "mining your own resources = resource dependent economy" argument is hilarious. Americans are proud of mining and selling nonrenewable oil and gas. They are proud of selling food grown with non renewable fossil water.
USA only recently started exporting oil and gas. Even there, USA only shuffles oil grades and is still need importer. Only has is exported on net basis. This is because gas is extracted as by product of oil extraction. So, USA has to sell it.

I am using mobile and hence it is difficult for me to download screenshot and hence i will find it hard to give you the chart of minerals. But, if you exclude iron, search for coal, lead, phosphate etc you will find that China even today is the leading miner.

India sells food even as millions of Indians starve and sells ore even as millions of Indians move by foot and go without power. I never see US or China do this, so whose the real resource economy? If India wasn't a resources economy why does it export food when Indians starve? Why not export your IT or pharmaceuticals that you brag about all the time?
India has extra food which it exports. Indian people are not starving. That is why the extra food is exported. We can't use food for making oil or gas to transport people. Moreover, food is renewable and hence isn't natural resource.

India exports iron ore but that is not too high as of now and is reducing for to domestic consumption increasing. India also exports pharmacy products to the time of 22 billion USD annually. IT sector export is also high but it isn't considered as goods but as services.

i have some input to offer into this discussion..

China may be undergoing societal changes at the moment due to the Corona virus.
This does not mean however, given how well their work ethics are organized, that they won't be able to pull that off within the next 5 years or so..

After the spread of the novel Corona virus to Italy and USA, the topic of the thread be changed to "Coronavirus Could Be The End Of USA and Europe As Global Bullies". This ofcourse depends how much still the CIA funded News-Groups have retained the ability to think rationally!

After the spread of the novel Corona virus to Italy and USA, the topic of the thread be changed to "Coronavirus Could Be The End Of USA and Europe As Global Bullies". This ofcourse depends how much still the CIA funded News-Groups have retained the ability to think rationally!

with all due respect, you *live* in Europe.
go easy on those who provide you with your job, home, etc, please.
or at least don't turn this into a crusade.

after all, Europe is probably still better at containing viral outbreaks than China is.

with all due respect, you *live* in Europe.
go easy on those who provide you with your job, home, etc, please.
or at least don't turn this into a crusade.

after all, Europe is probably still better at containing viral outbreaks than China is.
It was sarcastic my friend! Living in Europe has nothing to do with whether the US and Europeans (to an extent) are bullies or not! Just like living in Pakistan doesnt mean to you start praising every crook of the country!

There is no free lunch in the world my friend. They didnt give overseas pakistanis like me a 'job' based on humanitarian grounds, they 'bought' my services to enable them to achieve their goals. In case you dont know how H1B visa for example works, it is not based on humanitarian grounds but rather to allow the US companies to employ graduate level workers in specialty occupations.

It was sarcastic my friend! Living in Europe has nothing to do with whether the US and Europeans (to an extent) are bullies or not! Just like living in Pakistan doesnt mean to you start praising every crook of the country!

There is no free lunch in the world my friend. They didnt give overseas pakistanis like me a 'job' based on humanitarian grounds, they 'bought' my services to enable them to achieve their goals. In case you dont know how H1B visa for example works, it is not based on humanitarian grounds but rather to allow the US companies to employ graduate level workers in specialty occupations.
ok..

Back
Top Bottom