What's new

Corona Virus India l Updates, News & Discussion

Lol first India criticizes Pakistan for not evacuating and now lol they suspend all visa them selves not allowing anyone to come to India. Karma

Pakistan has lot to learn .Indians don't need visa to India.govt will bring back the Indians from the effected areas so that we have control .other wise we will have spike in cases as happened with Pakistan .

Yes all have travel history who have been to Italy or Iran or UAE. mostly imported cases.

ES47T8kVAAALT3i

Its a typo nevermind.
So where is the evidence of travel history to Iran, Italy or UAE? I see no such evidence in your post. Nor do I see evidence that the cases listed are "mostly imported ". You're presenting a table of figures that has no relevance to your claims. I see a minority of cases involving non-Indians in India. Presumably these are the Italian tourists +/- a few others.

Google India employee tests positive for coronavirus in Bengaluru
1 min read . Updated: 13 Mar 2020, 09:41 AM IST Written By Anulekha Ray
  • Google said: We can confirm that an employee from our Bengaluru office has been diagnosed with COVID-19,
  • Central and state government across the country scaled up measures to contain the spread of novel coronavirus

India employee from Bengaluru has been diagnosed with coronavirus infection, taking the total number of cases in the country to nearly 80.

"We can confirm that an employee from our Bengaluru office has been diagnosed with COVID-19" the company said in a statement. "They were in one of our Bangalore offices for a few hours before developing any symptoms," Google added.

Google asked colleagues he came in touch with to quarantine themselves. "The employee has been on quarantine since then, and we have asked colleagues who were in close contact with the employee to quarantine themselves and monitor their health," the tech giant said.

Google asked all the employees in that Bengaluru office to work from home. In the wake coronavirus scare in the country, IT services companies Wipro and Tech Mahindra also adopted remote work models.

Earlier, two employees from Mindtree and Dell were tested positive for novel coronavirus. At present, Karnataka reported six confirmed cases of COVID-19 including its first death in the country.

“The 76-year-old man from Kalburgi who passed away was a suspected COVID-19 patient has been confirmed for COVID-19," the Karnataka health department said in a statement.

As the number of coronavirus cases increases rapidly, Central and state government across the country scaled up measures to contain the spread. Delhi, Kerala and Haryana government declared coronavirus infection an epidemic. All the schools, colleges cinema halls were ordered shut until 31 March, chief minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Thursday. COVID-19 has so far affected more than 127,000 people worldwide.

So where is the evidence of travel history to Iran, Italy or UAE? I see no such evidence in your post. Nor do I see evidence that the cases listed are "mostly imported ". You're presenting a table of figures that has no relevance to your claims. I see a minority of cases involving non-Indians in India. Presumably these are the Italian tourists +/- a few others.

Go Read here. Mostly of all have travel history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_India

Last edited:
Read it. it doesn't say "mostly". It says "many", referring to a few dozen index cases. Obviously The index cases came from outside of India but then those people infected others. The point being made is not that covid magically appeared in India by itself (it came Wuhan - we all know that). The point is that countless travellers to numerous countries evaded Indian port screening protocols or India failed to impose a 2 week symptom free screening period before allowing them back in. India didn't positively identify the people who needed to be identified as infected. Too late now.

Hopefully lessons will be learned.

Read it. it doesn't say "mostly". It says "many", referring to a few dozen index cases. Obviously The index cases came from outside of India but then those people infected others. The point being made is not that covid magically appeared in India by itself (it came Wuhan - we all know that). The point is that countless travellers to numerous countries evaded Indian port screening protocols or India failed to impose a 2 week symptom free screening period before allowing them back in. India didn't positively identify the people who needed to be identified as infected. Too late now.

Hopefully lessons will be learned.
Only around 10 to 15 cases are home transmission. there is no community transmission All are contained, there is no need to panic or impose restrictions on Indians who are coming back.

Last edited:
are u nuts?
there is a difference. Visas are suspended for foreigners. Stranded Indians are being rescued by IAF.
pakistan didnt bring back its own citizens.

No point arguing with the guy, he has serious, very serious comprehension issues.

No point arguing with the guy, he has serious, very serious comprehension issues.
My issues are comprehension are there or not dose it matter. Will discrediting me stop the virus in India. Where have I been wrong. Is the virus not spreading in India after the evaluation? You can say what ever you like where have I gone wrong to inform you early?

My issues are comprehension are there or not dose it matter. Will discrediting me stop the virus in India. Where have I been wrong. Is the virus not spreading in India after the evaluation? You can say what ever you like where have I gone wrong to inform you early?
you bring Pakistani students or not. Virus is spreading in every country including Pakistan. They will not back to Pakistan for very long time

Not case of transmission reported from people who the govt has evacuated and isolated .even now the govt is Evacuating Indians from Iran and isolating them in rajasthan.your whole argument or the point of starting this thread was because the govt of India evacuated the our citizens from China is causing the spread of virus in india.you don't have to look more dumb to to hide your govts incompetence.

I just saw online first death happened today because of corona.

1. Firstly, despite sharing a border of 3,488 kilometres with China, India has only reported 78 cases and 1 death- compare that with 596 cases and 8 deaths in the UK. 2. India is the only country in the world to evacuate its citizens 6 times (and counting) and evacuated the most

number of foreign nationals. 3. The Indian Air Force evacuated a total of 723 Indians, 37 foreign nationals from Wuhan. India evacuated 119 Indians and 5 foreign nationals from Japan.
IAF also evacuated 58 Indian pilgrims from Iran on the 10th of March. Total: 900 Indians and 48 foreign nationals. 4. India is leading the fight against COVID-19 in the South Asian region, offering diplomatic, humanitarian and medical assistance to its neighbors.

5. A total of 56 Virus Research Diagnostic Laboratories (VRDLs) have been set up in India to test its citizens as well as foreign citizens in a record time, with a plan to build 56 more VRDLs in the next month. This insane level of efficiency hasn't caught the eye of the media.
6. India currently has one of the world’s most efficient and reliable testing systems, reducing the time taken to get test results back from 12-14 hours to four hours. US health officials have admitted that their system is failing and has testing has been very sluggish

7. As a result, from Iran, Afghanistan up to Timor Leste, countries in Asia have been requesting India to help set up testing facilities in their countries.
8. India has sent 6 top scientists to set up a make-shift lab and testing facility in Iran to test 6000 of its citizens
because Iranian officials refused to test Indians due to their high load. India plans to send 3 more airplanes in the next week to airlift its citizens.
9. India has provided 15 tonnes of medical assistance comprising masks, gloves and other emergency medical equipment to China.

10. India has sent Maldives a 14 member medical team comprising of pulmonologists, anaesthetists, physicians & lab technicians and also a large composite of COVID-19 medical relief to assist Maldives health authorities.
11. India has screened 1,057,506 people from 30 airports and 77 seaports.
12. India has suspended all visas to India as well as visa-free travel facility for OCI cardholders. It has closed its border with Myanmar. The Indian nationals coming from COVID-19 hit nations after 15 February will be quarantined for 14 days. This in contrast
with the UK with far more cases but no quick action whatsoever.
13. India has the world’s biggest state-sponsored health assurance scheme, covering over 500 million beneficiaries (approximately 8 times the size of the UK). 14. Indian drug prices are among the cheapest in the world. Medbelle ranks India as one of the five countries with the lowest median prices for drugs around the world due to an elaborate price control mechanism for drugs and the government’s Jan Aushadi project to provide cheap affordable medicines to the poor.
15. China had silenced the doctor who identified COVID-19 and he died 6 weeks later. China let this brew. On the other hand, when Nipah virus was found in India in 2018, 3 doctors identified it and authorities immediately reported it to WHO. 2000 quarantined and 17 died in total.

Last edited:
Confirmed cases doesn't really mean jack. We have 798 confirmed but govt yesterday said they estimate around 10,000 realistically. Go figure

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom