What's new

Corona Virus India l Updates, News & Discussion

We y'day mentioned that we have kits that could last for 6 weeks. We have received another installment for RT-PCR kits which are far more sufficient in numbers, which would essentially mean that we would be able to cover ourselves for a long period of time. Additionally, we are ordering close to about 33 Lakh kits for RT-PCR (Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction) & 37 Lakh rapid kits are expected to come at any point in time: R Gangakhedkar, Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)

EVjx35CUcAAqirN

A total of 2,31,902 samples have been tested for COVID-19 so far. Yesterday alone, 21,635 samples were tested.

Last edited:
We y'day mentioned that we have kits that could last for 6 weeks. We have received another installment for RT-PCR kits which are far more sufficient in numbers, which would essentially mean that we would be able to cover ourselves for a long period of time. Additionally, we are ordering close to about 33 Lakh kits for RT-PCR (Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction) & 37 Lakh rapid kits are expected to come at any point in time: R Gangakhedkar, Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)

EVjx35CUcAAqirN

A total of 2,31,902 samples have been tested for COVID-19 so far. Yesterday alone, 21,635 samples were tested.
Good

I think like normal flu covid will stay forever now. Its peak will occur in every winter like other flu. Hope we get it vaccine soon. But overall point is, its a trade off. Either people suffer having no income or get infected. So goods transport, agriculture and other necessary industry must keep running.
Just ban large gathering like ceremonies, congregation etc like in Ramzan. Govt delayed int travel ban late but later they manged well. They fixed some airports and start screening and putting the travellers in quarantine.
Overall we cannot implement EU model in Pak as these govts have large pool of money in reserve. We have to come up with 'jugard' like in case of travel ban. Have you seen flight traffic pics? Only PIA is operational (some sources).
So we have to relax this ban. Especially our essential sector like agriculture as its backbone of our economy. So all the 'mandis' be opened or spread them to empty parking lots/spaces to prevent large gathering. So farmers and related can earn living (~70% direct/indirect).
@Horus @Safriz @BHarwana @Joe Shearer @jamahir

I think like normal flu covid will stay forever now. Its peak will occur in every winter like other flu. Hope we get it vaccine soon. But overall point is, its a trade off. Either people suffer having no income or get infected. So goods transport, agriculture and other necessary industry must keep running.
Just ban large gathering like ceremonies, congregation etc like in Ramzan. Govt delayed int travel ban late but later they manged well. They fixed some airports and start screening and putting the travellers in quarantine.
Overall we cannot implement EU model in Pak as these govts have large pool of money in reserve. We have to come up with 'jugard' like in case of travel ban. Have you seen flight traffic pics? Only PIA is operational (some sources).
So we have to relax this ban. Especially our essential sector like agriculture as its backbone of our economy. So all the 'mandis' be opened or spread them to empty parking lots/spaces to prevent large gathering. So farmers and related can earn living (~70% direct/indirect).
@Horus @Safriz @BHarwana @Joe Shearer @jamahir
Social distancing can't be practised for long

I think like normal flu covid will stay forever now. Its peak will occur in every winter like other flu.

That's an interesting point. I get flu every summer. So I suppose there will become available a common medicine to treat the symptoms of Covid just like we purchase D'Cold.

Either people suffer having no income or get infected. So goods transport, agriculture and other necessary industry must keep running.

In my city, supposedly, the IT and ITES companies will reopen after the lock-down is lifted on April 30.

Social distancing can't be practised for long

I think a reasonable distancing and self-discipline will have to become part of our lives from now on.

@padamchen

Last edited:
https://www.todayonline.com/world/coronavirus-mutation-threatens-race-develop-vaccine

Are we talking about a very dangerous "Indian Virus" here and a cover-up by Indian government?

WOW, now we are talking about a "INDIAN VIRUS".

From the article:

The patient was said to be a medical student returning from Wuhan, but the strain does not appear to be closely related to any of those identified in the Chinese city and appears to be an outlier compared with variants recorded in other countries.

The Hindu terrorists and their sympathisers were celebrating the return of Indian students from China as some sort of "masterstroke" by Hindu terrorist regime of Modi. They were taking jibes at Pakistan for not allowing its students back from China.

NOW WHAT ? WHAT SAY YOU????

There was in increase of 1076 cases which are lesser than previous day. 270 people have recovered and 68 people have died in a day
upload_2020-4-15_10-28-39.png

Number of tests done are very good as compared to Pakistan

upload_2020-4-15_10-34-11.png

Last edited:
India is doing test approx 26,351 and Pakistan is doing approx 3280 test on a day....(Big difference)
The only remedies are Test, test and isolate. Mere lockdoen will take a long way to break the chain of transmission as still not much is known about incubation period, infectivity, modes of transmission. New informations are being published everyday. We have to establist a chain of diagnosis like we have for polio and TB nationwide in India from the grassroot level. One rapid, easy to perform and cost effective testing kit for screening must be identified e.g. Rapid antibody detection kit. At least a member from every family must be screened, so that the cluster of cases can be isolated rapidly. The protocol of testing only symptomatic cases and contacts of positive cases should be modified in this way. Kerala govt followed this and got good result.

That's an interesting point. I get flu every summer. So I suppose there will become available a common medicine to treat the symptoms of Covid just like we purchase D'Cold.

In my city, supposedly, the IT and ITES companies will reopen after the lock-down is lifted on April 30.

I think a reasonable distancing and self-discipline will have to become part of our lives from now on.

@padamchen

This is nothing like your everyday common cold or flu. I have personally seen CT scans of infected lungs. This disease causes fibrosis which is irreversible.

This is nothing like your everyday common cold or flu. I have personally seen CT scans of infected lungs. This disease causes fibrosis which is irreversible.

I see. So it causes internal physical changes too.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom