What's new

controversies section: asian games

then GOC could have bought 50% inplace of all , knowing well that a comman man can only buy it online...

i think it's more to do with security concerns , that GOC like to give tickets to
only few they know well..

or

the infrastructure/ GOC not ready to take the burden of a huge geathering....you know , GOC will then need to look at water , senitation , security , ..and be needing extra polic and volanteers..

Security concerns there was??? It was Chinese VS Malaysia, not Israel VS Iran...

Somehow you think the infrastructure is going to be ready for the final game when the venue is going to be full of people, and someone is going finish the job secretly at night??? Maybe that is how people do things in India, but it is definitely not the Chinese government's style. When things have to be done, they have to be done way before they are due, otherwise heads will roll.

then GOC could have bought 50% inplace of all , knowing well that a comman man can only buy it online...

i think it's more to do with security concerns , that GOC like to give tickets to
only few they know well..

or

the infrastructure/ GOC not ready to take the burden of a huge geathering....you know , GOC will then need to look at water , senitation , security , ..and be needing extra polic and volanteers..

Do not write somethimg you can not prove, think twice before you post.

sorry mates , i am not the one writting these news , just posting them here...

The Olympic Council of Asia on Monday announced an extra 400,000 tickets

Guangzhou: The Olympic Council of Asia on Monday announced an extra 400,000 tickets were being released for the Asian Games to help solve the problem of empty seats at some arenas.

The move follows concerns over a lack of spectator numbers at venues in the southern Chinese city, host of the 16th edition of the Games.

OCA president Sheikh Ahmad Al-Fahad Al-Sabah told reporters that blocks of tickets had been sold to sponsors in the run-up to the event and many had remained unfilled due to lack of interest.

He said the OCA had been told that many people were looking for tickets to events and had discussed the issue with the local organisers.

“I hope this will be the solution to this issue. It is one which we will continue to watch,” he said.

But he said even at Olympic Games, not every venue was full for all sports.

And he insisted the people of the city were behind the event.

“I’m sure that the citizens of Guangzhou are very keen on these Games, very happy, good supporters and they are one of the main keys for the success of the Games.”

The president said up until now the “Games operation is going very smoothly”.

The OCA chief also defended the tight security measures in place, saying they were a necessity in the post 9/11 era.

Around 10,000 athletes from 45 countries and territories are vying for gold in 42 sports at the Asian Games, which run from November 12 to 27.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/n...-to-sell-more-tickets-for-almost-empty-venues

Last edited:
Criket is an alien game to Chinese, as were Christmas to most mainland Chinese 10 years ago, thus it is no surprise.

Pretty popular now I bet. I guess someone didn't explain Christmas properly when it was first brought over, Christmas = another reason to shop.

Pretty popular now I bet. I guess someone didn't explain Christmas properly when it was first brought over, Christmas = another reason to shop.

That's right. Christmas seems to have lost any kind of religious connotation over here.

Do not write somethimg you can not prove, think twice before you post.

Police pull out all (road) stops at Asian Games

Guangzhou: It doesn`t pay to be a criminal in Guangzhou during the Asian Games, at least according to some figures released by police and security officials.

He Guangping, the deputy director general of the department of public security of Guangong, said Thursday that highway checkpoints in the region had pulled over 2,734,000 vehicles since Oct.

10, interviewed more than 5 million passengers and nabbed "1,740 criminal suspects and 207 wanted criminals." Also picked up: nearly 2 million pieces of fireworks and 65,000 kilograms (143,000 pounds) of dangerous chemicals.

He countered claims that tough security might be deterring spectators, saying "we believe we can deliver not only a safe Asian Games, but a public-friendly one."

Back
Top Bottom