What's new

Connecting Asia: India Talks, China Builds

India has the potential to lead South Asia and to influence the rest of Asia. The problem is India has too many domestic issues to be addressed first. Once resolved, India can play a bigger role in the world.

India has the potential to lead South Asia and to influence the rest of Asia. The problem is India has too many domestic issues to be addressed first. Once resolved, India can play a bigger role in the world.

totally agree with you. Before Indian worry about others, the need to solves its own internal issues. Do not worry about the neighbors when your own house is not in order.

Laos seem to have been swindled. Laos pays the money through its mineral resources which chinese will exploit by rail built on laos money that chinas earned by its construction companies and to top it up Laos will pay the interest for the loan too. Essentially china gets 7 billion worth of minerals free. LOL

The same fate at Chinas hands awaits a few more tiny countries in our neighborhood.

There are mines in Bangladesh and Sri Lanka and Myanmar with no high speed railways. Why not India try propose the same thing to your two neighbors and see whether or not you are in for a treat?

If I were you I'll let go Pakistan.

I don't know there is such a thing Shanghai/Guangzhou high speed railway. You must be wrong. It is in the plan though and it will be carried out some time near future but not now.

I don't know there is such a thing Shanghai/Guangzhou high speed railway. You must be wrong. It is in the plan though and it will be carried out some time near future but not now.
there will be one from shanghai to shenzhen via xiamen

LOL, not required, a good con job like this one brings temporary gains but leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the country that has been had. Taking advantage of their weakness doesn't earn friendship over a long term.

I can't wait to see your saying the same thing when India comes to China bowls in hands begging the latter for financial、design、technological and engineering help for the building of India's dilapidated rails,both frieght and passenger。:woot:

The HSR linking Shanghai and Guangzhou already exists,and it goes thus:

Shanghai-Hangzhou-Ningbo-Wenzhou-Fuzhou-Xiamen-Shantou-Shenzhen-Guangzhou。

It is called the Coastal HRS and is one of the “4-laterals“。

A second HSR connecting SH and GZ will take an inland route through Jiangxi province。

I can't wait to see your saying the same thing when India comes to China bowls in hands begging the latter for financial、design、technological and engineering help for the building of India's dilapidated rails,both frieght and passenger。:woot:

Its the other way round, china's begging india to consider them as one of the suppliers for indias HSR plans.

the fact is India doesnot even have a fraction of Chinese money and resources , it is in no better position than Vietnam and Indonesia.

Back
Top Bottom