What's new

CONFUSION of TEJAS'S RADAR

GUYS
for a past few days i was offline and was searching about tejas radar, colecting information from websites and friends and i came up that elta 2032 radar has very short air to air range
there are some points why it has short range
firstly
1: derby is the main air to air missile which has 50 km range
2: this is the proof as fa 50 has same radar
geagle-master_avionics1.jpg

THEN i heard from an Indian official just by adding new material (quartz) its going to be 80 km more than double
ok i agree making it a bigger radar would increase range but it would be 50 km
this picture might explain u my bolded statement
2ni5d6s.jpg

@MastanKhan @WebMaster @Horus @Donatello
btw jf17 has better range of 130 km per 5m2
Your picture mentions ranges in nm not kms. Google nm .

With so much borrowed/copy paste/begged components in Tejas:

Structural design: France
Power Plant: USA
Avionics/Radar: Israel

May be tyres/screws/rivits from India

where is indigenousty in this machine; could anybody shed some light?

ac448a600c53871aa56c7a0df193498c.png

EL/M-2032

Tell me more.

This is not simple arithmetic.

Thanks resident patient of mental hospital.
oh really u need calculating
then if it 80km @2m2 then if taking ^0.35 then it would be 95 km @5m2
so there is almost triple

no no.. it should be three in one.. In road it will be truck..in water it will be ship carrier and in air it will be fighter jet or space ship...:big_boss:
toys ships,truck and truck it will carry on it hardpoints:lol::lol::lol::lol:

have u read the first picture it says @ 5m2
u are an actually idiot indian
and if it is for 2m2 than it means more than triple range of original range
just idiotic post by another indian

the picture tells about maximum range (upto) of radar my friend just like 300 km for air to air in apg 69 v9
i think u are satisfied with my answer
First of all bring a open mind while debating.Retorting to insult when you feel dissent is moronic not the other way around.
Secondly Radar used in Tejas is a hybrid version of Elta 2032 and it is sure a hell not that light weight.Otherwise counter ballast had not been a necessity for IOC standard Tejas.
Thirdly,the Tejas operating Elta 2032 are going to be placed in Yehalanka AFB,Bengaluru,not Indo-Pak border.For that we have the Flanker,Mirages and soon to arrive Rafales and lastly Tejas Mk1+ with AESA and better aerodynamics.
Now calculate the situation and see the strategic implication.I am pretty sure even you are not that stupid.

GUYS
for a past few days i was offline and was searching about tejas radar, colecting information from websites and friends and i came up that elta 2032 radar has very short air to air range
there are some points why it has short range
firstly
1: derby is the main air to air missile which has 50 km range
2: this is the proof as fa 50 has same radar

THEN i heard from an Indian official just by adding new material (quartz) its going to be 80 km more than double
ok i agree making it a bigger radar would increase range but it would be 50 km
this picture might explain u my bolded statement
2ni5d6s.jpg

@MastanKhan @WebMaster @Horus @Donatello
btw jf17 has better range of 130 km per 5m2
You posted in a wrong forum, it is Pakistan airforce forum, :hitwall: you must posted in the Indian forum,
MOD please move this thread to appropriate forum

In your analysis, have you taken into account that different radar dome has different absorption coefficient of emitted radar waves?

You should get noble prize in mathematics & reasoning.
Your figure 46 for 2m2 is in nautical miles aka nearly 86 km for 2m2
294e18a5288ffa41aeb0b033583fb86c.png

For 5m2 it would be near 150 km

Nailed it
:lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha: That Kid is not going to come back anytime Soon.:omghaha:

You should get noble prize in mathematics & reasoning.
Your figure 46 for 2m2 is in nautical miles aka nearly 86 km for 2m2
294e18a5288ffa41aeb0b033583fb86c.png

For 5m2 it would be near 150 km
from where this 46 nautical miles came from and who told u its 46 nm at 2m2
this were pics i posted and say it 46 km not nm

then this picture says its typical detection range 18nm
2ni5d6s.jpg

and u indians just like to twist up things like idiots

Use better sources and your confusion will be resolved.

The first 20 production Tejas Mk1 equipped with hybrid version of the EL/M-2032 radar.It features look-up/look-down/shoot-down modes, low/medium/high pulse repetition frequencies (PRF), platform motion compensation, doppler beam-sharpening, moving target indication(MTI), Doppler filtering, constant false alarm rate (CFAR) detection, range-Doppler ambiguity resolution, scan conversion, and online diagnostics to identify faulty processor modules

following are the specs of ELTA 2032 from IAI Elbit website.
upload_2015-11-29_13-42-21.png

The Tejas Mk1A will equipped with advanced version of ELTA EL/M-2052.The ELM-2052 is an advanced Fire Control Radar (FCR) designed for air-to-air superiority and strike missions, based on fully solid-state Active Electronically Scanning Array (AESA) technology, enabling the radar to achieve long detection ranges, high mission reliability and multi-target tracking capabilities.The ELM-2052 radar provides simultaneous modes of operation supporting multi-mission capabilities for air-to-air, air-to-ground and air-to-sea operation modes, and weapon deployment. In the air-to-air mode, the radar delivers very long-range multi target detection and enables several simultaneous weapon deliveries in combat engagements. In air-to-ground missions, the radar provides very high resolution SAR mapping, surface moving target detection and tracking over RBM and SAR maps in addition to A/G ranging. In air-to-sea missions the radar provides long-range target detection and tracking, including target classification capabilities.

upload_2015-11-29_13-44-21.png

source:

http://www.iai.co.il/Sip_Storage//FILES/7/41417.pdf

http://www.iai.co.il/Sip_Storage//FILES/0/38030.pdf

from where this 46 nautical miles came from and who told u its 46 nm at 2m2
this were pics i posted and say it 46 km not nm

then this picture says its typical detection range 18nm
2ni5d6s.jpg

and u indians just like to twist up things like idiots

Back
Top Bottom