What's new

Condemn the New York attacker, but respect Bangladesh.

The loser was brainwashed by Daesh propaganda. Given his failure, chances are that he would have been executed had he somehow escaped into a Daesh enclosure.

Once one reaches an understanding and acceptance, then there would no reason to resort to violence. But then there are always one of those thin-skinned idiots. Who knows? Maybe it would be a matter of time. In fact, the perpetrators may not even be Bangladeshis for that matter. The one carried out the attempted attack on the UK PM was British and has nothing to do with Bangladesh despite his origin.

I am not angry, just concerned which requires strategy which I admit my country hadn't devised any. And for the record, no I do not wish any terrorist act against Chinese or Chinese-origin individuals or that on the Burmese (including the ones cheering the deaths and suffering of the Rohingyas). Otherwise, it'd be okay to muder non-combatants on all sides and the vicious cycle would continue. Such acts are not due to their inhumanity, but due to the fact that the victims are human. It is the victim's humanity that is the perceived problem. For all sake, the idea would be to avert conflict all-together, but it seems that you have slipped as time passed.

That is my take and Bangladeshis would have a similar take despite individual differences regarding China. There's no question that there is a mass-murderer living right next to us while China happily endorses it. Other nationalities on the other hand may not be so lenient given the gravity of the situation in Rakhine. It is worth noting that the leader of ARSA has close links in Saudi Arabia and your ally Pakistan. See, the likes of Daesh are an idea, and you can't kill ideas. Rest be assured that Bangladeshis are not a militant-type people, and it is very rare if any. Just like the loser in NY.

A really excellent post!

on one hand this bangladeshis are begging for respect their nation and not generalizing whole country for few and on the other hand they shamelessly tried best to generalize whole Pakistan.....

As a Pakistani, I already take anything coming outta BDshians mouth with a pinch of salt. Call me weird or whatever, but at times, I even get flattered when they unnecessarily drag Pakistan into everything, beg for our attention, and when we finally give a little, well, they cry victim.

Although, OP shared an article which was written by some foriegner I suppose, still one respectable user managed to drag Pakistan somehow while getting on his/her high horse about BD. Fun part is, these same BDshians who brag about harmony, prosperity and tolerance in BD while crying victim forget about ill treatment of Biharis in BD and forget about millions upon millions illegal BDshians in other countries.

Anyway, as for being a 'rare' case, well dear, let me refresh your memory a little. :)

2 Suspected Bangladesh Terrorists, Indian Operative Arrested In Kolkata
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/2-s...-indian-operative-arrested-in-kolkata-1778373

Dhaka: 'Normal, regular guys' who carried out Bangladesh terror attack
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/04/asia/bangladesh-attackers-isis/index.html

India issues Rs25,000 bounty for suspected Bangladeshi terrorist
http://www.dhakatribune.com/world/south-asia/2017/09/28/india-bounty-bangladeshi-terrorist/

Eight suspected Bangladeshi ISIS members arrested in Singapore on suspicion of planning to carry out deadly bomb attacks
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...icion-planning-carry-deadly-bomb-attacks.html

Last edited:
As a Pakistani, I already take anything coming outta BDshians mouth with a pinch of salt. Call me weird or whatever, but at times, I even get flattered when they unnecessarily drag Pakistan into everything, beg for our attention, and when we finally give a little, well, they cry victim.

Although, OP shared an article which was written by some foriegner I suppose, still one respectable user managed to drag Pakistan somehow while getting on his/her high horse about BD. Fun part is, these same BDshians who brag about harmony, prosperity and tolerance in BD while crying victim forget about ill treatment of Biharis in BD and forget about millions upon millions illegal BDshians in other countries.

Anyway, as for being a 'rare' case, well dear, let me refresh your memory a little. :)

2 Suspected Bangladesh Terrorists, Indian Operative Arrested In Kolkata
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/2-s...-indian-operative-arrested-in-kolkata-1778373

Dhaka: 'Normal, regular guys' who carried out Bangladesh terror attack
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/04/asia/bangladesh-attackers-isis/index.html

India issues Rs25,000 bounty for suspected Bangladeshi terrorist
http://www.dhakatribune.com/world/south-asia/2017/09/28/india-bounty-bangladeshi-terrorist/

Eight suspected Bangladeshi ISIS members arrested in Singapore on suspicion of planning to carry out deadly bomb attacks
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...icion-planning-carry-deadly-bomb-attacks.html

And still terrorism among Bangladeshi is statistically rare. There is no cycle that exist despite the isolated incidents you posted.

It was necessary to drag Pakistan here for the sole reason being that the leader of the Rohingya rebel group was reportedly born, raised and trained in Pakistan. Surely, someone must of taught him to handle arms, to fight. That way he was able to train the angry young Rohingya men. Surely they must have some form of support.

Now that would pose some questions regarding their alliance with China. Small things do matter! Just like how Osama was living comfortably in the military compound in Pakistani territory. And that as a 'major non-NATO ally' (God, I love that term!).

Another thing is that the Chinese ambassador to Bangladesh blamed the rebels for the calamity happening on the other side of the border like as if we are part of that rebellion (which we aren't). Maybe he was confused about which country he is in. Why should we accept responsibility for something we didn't do or a part of? Why should we?

See, one cannot escape the consequences of what one commits to. You can't escape it! That is the futility of your patriotism.

I agree, Bangladesh has some way to go as far as minority rights are concerned, but that is another matter and frankly irrelevant and a pathetic attempt to prove your patriotism over others.

You want make your patriotism less futile? Then, explain that report. Only then will your flag have some credibility not just to my flag, but to all.

Last edited:
1060x600-4a910d3a529f5023ae978d13c67016db.jpg

It's a very poor, but quite stable country. (AP Photo/A.M. Ahad)

Most Bangladeshis here would consider this picture and people 'Hindu-like'. It's a shameful irony that when the radical face of Bangladesh gets exposed to the world, it needs to hide behind the facade of the very culture and people that they despise, persecute, and evict from their country.

Most Bangladeshis here would consider this picture and people 'Hindu-like'. It's a shameful irony that when the radical face of Bangladesh gets exposed to the world, it needs to hide behind the facade of the very culture and people that they despise, persecute, and evict from their country.
Also why the selective pic of the hindu lady with sindoor? To garner sympathy by appearing hindu or secular?:rolleyes: Nice try.:tdown:
Go cry to the American journalist who used this picture in his article.

This is a picture taken from Bengali new year celebration.This particular girl in the picture is most probably a muslim as 90 percent of those who celebrate Bangla new year are muslim.She is wearing common dress worn by all women in that celebration.In Bangladesh, sari is the traditional women wear worn by all women irrespective of religion and dot in forehead is part of matching with sari.You can not be certain, a woman in Bangladesh is hindu seeing a picture unless she wear red vermillion in the forehead and white bungle in hands, which is exclusively worn by only hindu women.Dot in forehead has no religious value in Bangladesh.It is just a matching with Sari used by all women irrespective of religion.Flower in the head symbolizes the spring time common in both Bangladesh and many countries around the world.It is not an exclusively hindu culture.Go to Europe and see their women decorate their head with flower in traditional celebration.

It is very funny, whenever any bharati sanghi troll see any Bangladeshi girl in Sari, they obviously bring the topics of hinduism and how hindu being allegedly persecuted and tons of other topics.As if Sari is their another Shiv linga, exclusively of their own.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Go cry to the American journalist who used this picture in his article.

This is a picture taken from Bengali new year celebration.This particular girl in the picture is most probably a muslim as 90 percent of those who celebrate Bangla new year are muslim.She is wearing common dress worn by all women in that celebration.In Bangladesh, sari is the traditional women wear worn by all women irrespective of religion and dot in forehead is part of matching with sari.You can not be certain, a woman in Bangladesh is hindu seeing a picture unless she wear red vermillion in the forehead and white bungle in hands, which is exclusively worn by only hindu women.Dot in forehead has no religious value in Bangladesh.It is just a matching with Sari used by all women irrespective of religion.Flower in the head symbolizes the spring time common in both Bangladesh and many countries around the world.It is not an exclusively hindu culture.Go to Europe and see their women decorate their head with flower in traditional celebration.

It is very funny, whenever any bharati sanghi troll see any Bangladeshi girl in Sari, they obviously bring the topics of hinduism and how hindu being allegedly persecuted and tons of other topics.As if Sari is their another Shiv linga, exclusively of their own.:rolleyes:

Do a polling here, most Bangladeshis would call this unislamic and hindu culture (when this facade is not needed).

Do a polling here, most Bangladeshis would call this unislamic and hindu culture.
It is Bengali culture, plain and simple.If you think, it is hindu culture, then it is your problem.Celebration of Bengali new year is a non religious festival all people participate irrespective of religion.There is no hindu religious ritual in that celebration.

It is Bengali culture, plain and simple.If you think, it is hindu culture, then it is your problem.Celebration of Bengali new year is a non religious festival all people participate irrespective of religion.There is no hindu religious ritual in that celebration.

Most Bangladeshis here would disagree. Dig some old threads to find out.

This particular girl in the picture is most probably a muslim as 90 percent of those who celebrate Bangla new year are muslim.
Wearing Sindhoor for a photo op. I see nail polish too, never mind.

That's messed up. How do they perform prayers with that on? :disagree:

well, how the water reaches one's nails when performing wudu?
Is that a problem? This is the first time I hear of this issue. I guess most don't care. After all prayer is about what is in your heart more than what is in your nail.

An Aunt of mine was very fond of various type of nail polishes. And I think she used to say her prayer that way. Never heard anyone complaining about that.

Last edited:
Is that a problem? This is the first time I hear of this issue. I guess most don't care. After all prayer is more about what is in your heart more than what is in your nail.

An Aunt of mine was very fond of various type of nail polishes. And I think she used to say her prayer that way. Never heard anyone complaining about that.
Well, prayers are not fancy for me. If prayers were about just what is about our beliefs there shouldn't be namaz, just go out look at the sky. Pray! whenever you want.

Anyway, I don't wanna start a nail polish discussion:D. Just know, water should reach all parts of your fingers, nail polish hinder that. So, the wudu is incomplete and whoever does that is not fully clean to perform prayer.
But hey, it's ok, many do have their own styles and beliefs.

Bangladeshi Muslims are only 15% practicing Muslim. Why is this issue. Rest all believe in fundamental 5 pillar of Islam. Its ok, no enforcements on someone's beliefs as long as they consider themselves Muslims. Social basis more grooming happens for character buildup. But making distant identity isnt good for Muslims. Which is another issue. Making Pahela Baishakh identity which is a new phenomenon, similar Mullah identity in Iran. These are root cause of ideological clash.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom