What's new

Comparison| Pakistani,Iranian,Afghan,Indian,Bangali food.

British curries are gravy based. What I mean by gravy based is that a big batch of onions (100-200 onions) are boiled with other curry powders in water which then results in it going into a liquid form. That gravy is a base to all the different curries, for example to make a 'British' Chicken Korma, first you would add the gravy base, then add coronation milk, 2 spoons of coconut powder, add the chicken pieces then allow to simmer. This is a 'curry' in England lol.
British curries are horrible, they are not even spicy. Only goreh think they are.

There are some great curry restaurants in the UK, just stop going to the cheap ones, they just make curry like a production line.. I recommend 'Ma Goa' in Putney, London for Goan dishes, Khan's in Bayswater and Cyrus Tadawala's restaurant in the City, beautiful but pricey..

In fact it was Cyrus Tadawala, in the TV series 'The Spice Men' who said that Turmeric does not have much flavour, but nice colour.. It was used originally in curries as Medicine.. to treat a lot of the uneducated population without them even having to make any effort to have to remember to take it..

why is that north indian and pakistani foods are spicy compared to south indian or bengali foods?

The people of Karachi eat so much spicy food, even some south indians couldn't handle the spice in my office. Also Lahories add way to much spice in their food, how come though?

what a thread..
You don't say? In fact, it's the first time I have seen pink tea.
pink tea is actually taken by certain pakistanis on almost all special occasions, especially ones from kashmiri background. this tea is quite uncommon among majority of bangladeshis. it is most common among the 'khandani' dhakai people whose ancestors probably originated from kashmir and sylhet. it is called gulabi cha

In UK 85% of Indian restaurants are run by Bangladeshis however they never advertise themselves as Bangladeshis since most people here associate curry with Indians.
British curries are gravy based. What I mean by gravy based is that a big batch of onions (100-200 onions) are boiled with other curry powders in water which then results in it going into a liquid form. That gravy is a base to all the different curries, for example to make a 'British' Chicken Korma, first you would add the gravy base, then add coronation milk, 2 spoons of coconut powder, add the chicken pieces then allow to simmer. This is a 'curry' in England lol.
so called indian food in UK is 85% bangladeshi. the bangladeshis opened restaurants and made a cocktail of dishes prevalent in bangladesh, pakistan and north india. that became known as british asian cuisine

Last edited:
why is that north indian and pakistani foods are spicy compared to south indian or bengali foods?

The people of Karachi eat so much spicy food, even some south indians couldn't handle the spice in my office. Also Lahories add way to much spice in their food, how come though?
from my experience north indian food is much more spicy compared to bangladesh and pakistani food. pakistani punjabi food is less spicy than the pakistani 'mohajir food'. then there is south indian food which totally different from these other regions and more vegetarian based: idli, sambar, dosa, curd rice

Have only tried chelo and Jujeh kebabs (Persian cuisine). Not as spicy as desi kebabs but nice flavors.
Jujeh
Juje_kabab_2.jpg

Chelo
chelo_kabab_kubideh.jpg

n there is south indian food which totally different from these other regions and more vegetarian based: idli, sambar, dosa, curd rice
South Indian food consists of Non-Vegetarian as well particularly from Kerala. yes, South Indian food is associated with Tamil/Udupi Vegetarian items like Dosa, Idli, Uthappam etc. Notably, you will find separate Kerala/Malabar food restaurants in foreign countries which serve non-veg.

from my experience north indian food is much more spicy compared to bangladesh and pakistani food. pakistani punjabi food is less spicy than the pakistani 'mohajir food'. then there is south indian food which totally different from these other regions and more vegetarian based: idli, sambar, dosa, curd rice
While most people live under the misconception that south India is mainly veg, this could not be further than the truth . baring a few , almost 60% of south Indians are non vegetarians. and if you want spicy food , in my experience cuisine from AP is hugely spiced.

Pakistani food > Afghan, Persian, Indian, Bengali food.

This is a fact everyone will acknowledge if they aren't biased.

Ask Indians here who have eaten both Pakistan and Indian food..and tell them to give their honest verdict.

Ask Indians here who have eaten both Pakistan and Indian food..and tell them to give their honest verdict.
But, many Indians are Khaas-khor's and they don't value meat or fish! Also, wholeheartedly spreads pro-veg anti non-veg propaganda associating religion also along with it(Saffronists RSS and such).

Not agreeing Pakistani cuisine is better. but things like Sheermal-Kabab or "Sajji"(Rotissorie kinda) are perhaps, rare in India except for pockets in states like UP.

While most people live under the misconception that south India is mainly veg, this could not be further than the truth . baring a few , almost 60% of south Indians are non vegetarians. and if you want spicy food , in my experience cuisine from AP is hugely spiced.

Unfortunately Tam NVeg chains like anjappar etc are not found much in Mumbai/Delhi,dont know why.

I've eaten at Pakistani joints here in the UK. They are tasty but contain lots of oil and not as much sauce as I would like in it. Why don't you guys have more sauce in your curries. I am always scraping the dish with my naan towards the end of the meal.

I would much rather eat at a Pakistani joint which tend to serve more authentic curries than the so called Indian joints here which serve sweet dishes with unnatural colours.

what a thread..

pink tea is actually taken by certain pakistanis on almost all special occasions, especially ones from kashmiri background. this tea is quite uncommon among majority of bangladeshis. it is most common among the 'khandani' dhakai people whose ancestors probably originated from kashmir and sylhet. it is called gulabi cha

so called indian food in UK is 85% bangladeshi. the bangladeshis opened restaurants and made a cocktail of dishes prevalent in bangladesh, pakistan and north india. that became known as british asian cuisine

Yes you are correct. Ch Tikka, Ch Korma, Ch Bhuna, even things such as Peshwari naan was and is still prevalent in Bangladeshi businesses. Bangladeshi cuisine and North Indian (particularly Pak food) is very similar.

Back
Top Bottom