What's new

Comparison : Pakistani Al Khalid-1 MBT vs Israeli Merkava IV MBT !

There was nothing in post No 11 that merited the kind of response I just read in Post No 12.

These type of responses take away the interest in a professional subject.

Evidently the intention of this thread seems to be to establish that AK is way better than Merkava.

So be it.

Not at all.

I already stated in my OP that Merkava IV has slight edge on Al Khalid-1 due to its superior electronics etc...

But what I think is that my OP didn't give anything from which someone would conclude " Oh Merkava will "easily" slaughter AK-1 7:1..." ...Well , if you want to make a statement , then atleast explain it...isn't it? Or just continue " Oh Arjun? No its Arjunk! This sucks--Pakistani response" ..."Oh Al Khalid? This sucks. Merkava/T-90 will easily slaughter it--Indian Response" ....

Hope people will remain 'professional' and 'technical' in their responses on this thread...

Why are there no operators for Al khalid other that Pak and BD?

Some markets have more money (Arabs)..So they buy M1A1 from United States etc..In some markets , it is due to politics. In some places , Al Khalid is not very suitable for the terrain etc. Sri Lanka and Bangladesh both have Al Khalids btw...

Even Merkava has no operators beside Israel...I don't know how this is related to the topic in hand.

I think Merkava is 4 crew tank.. What I see beneficial for Merkava is :

1. +1 crew, more hand more efficient.
2. Electronically more effective than counter one
3. Good ground pressure (pound/per inch) , good enough to be stable in Sand.
4. Heavy weight , not problem as Most of world best tanks (4 crew) are 60+ Tonne.
5. NO idea how it will work in Muddy terrain (Farmland).

Though I don know how much speed matters in Tank warfare???

I think Merkava is 4 crew tank.. What I see beneficial for Merkava is :

1. +1 crew, more hand more efficient.
2. Electronically more effective than counter one
3. Good ground pressure (pound/per inch) , good enough to be stable in Sand.
4. Heavy weight , not problem as Most of world best tanks (4 crew) are 60+ Tonne.
5. NO idea how it will work in Muddy terrain (Farmland).

Anything beneficial for Al Khalid-1? Any pros? :cheers:

Though I don know how much speed matters in Tank warfare???

Depends on the situation. Sometimes , it can be a deciding factor too. Consider hundreds of tanks trying to outflank their slower enemy? Speed with decent fire power will help alot in this case..

What if Arab countries buy it which is neighbor of Israel than they can come face to face what ever is the case a lot will also depend on the Man using those Tanks if Al Khalid gets better men than even if Merkava is slightly better still Al Khalid 1 can completely destroy Merkava

You have captured in one line the whole reason for opening this thread. The OP should have mentioned it in the first post itself.
Any ways all the best for the sales pitch once you guys have proved that Al Khalid is the best tank in the world :cheers:

Anything beneficial for Al Khalid-1? Any pros? :cheers:

Depends on the situation. Sometimes , it can be a deciding factor too. Consider hundreds of tanks trying to outflank their slower enemy? Speed with decent fire power will help alot in this case..

Thouogh I don't know much about AK I can't say , But few what my gut feeling says is...

1. In muddy terrain AK1 or 2 can be better tank coz of its weight.
2. The transportation will be easy, deployment will be easy.
3. The Armour I heard was good, may be that will prove + point.
4. The Gun for this thank is good,
5. Most important the power to weight ratio is impressive, better power to weight ratio means better pick-up, I don know how much max speed matter, but pick up matter. In tank warfare, to dodge IR/LG ATGM , smoke screen is used, At terminal phase to Missile if tank make a quick move from smoke screen , chance of survival is best.

6. The price Tag is luracative, Some time Quantity to matters...

Yes. I have read/studied things in detail...but I didn't want to make things long so I just kept in short and to the point in my OP. Al Khalid-1 and Merkava IV both carry EQUALLY sophisticated rounds. Actually , son , Kombat ATGM fired by Al Khalid-1 has MORE "armor piercing capability" than LAHAT. But LAHAT has some modes like "Lofted trajectory" that gives it certain edge. This is why , I didn't touch this topic...Because kids like you don't know squat about anything so they start b*tching....

Other than that both Al Khalid-1 and Merkava IV carry different types of rounds like APFSDS, HEAT-FS , HE-FS, DU etc etc whateves..

Just a fun fact though : Muzzle Velocity of Al Khalid-1 is also superior to that of Merkava IV..means if Merkava IV and Al Khalid-1 fire same round on same armor , Al Khalid-1 will inflict more damage on the armor as compared to Merkava IV....opppppsssss :pop:

Lets dissect your post further...

:rofl:

Well it means that if Merkava can get 7:1 against Al Khalid , it will able to get 14:1 against Arjun (if that tank is ready lmao!) ..

Anyways : This 7:1 ratio comes out of your behind because specifications , record , common sense doesn't support it...

Explain your 7:1 ratio thingy..

BTW , in one tank forums...some foreigners (Americans mostly) were discussing a hypothetical battle-situation between Al Khalid and Merkava IV...

5 on 5 near Lebanon border... and the result : Merkava wins by ONE! Means , 4 Merkavas get destroyed in the battle and 5 Al Khalids (operated by Lebanese soldiers trained by Pakistan Army)...

Now these guys are WAY,WAY more knowledgeable about tank warfare than your little chota sa bharti heart....They took atleast 15 variables in this 'battle-simulation' and went in great detail..(even discussed the weather factor lol)....I wonder why they missed the 7:1 ratio? :lol:

Oh by the way, they weren't even using Al Khalid-1 in their "supposed battle" , but simple Al Khalid. Now, looking at the specs of Al Khalid-1 vs Merkava IV....you can easily infer what the result can be in a desert environment...

But again..who am I talking to? you? Who can't even comprehend the information available...

Let me show you how ...

Ummm...genius... Al Khalid-1 has Power/Weight ratio of 26 hp/tonne while Merkava IV has Power/Weight ratio of 23 hp/tonne....so what makes you think that "acceleration" rate of Al Khalid-1 is lower than that of Merkava? :lol:

Both Al-Khalid-1 and Merkava accelerate from 0-32km/h in 7 to 10 seconds...Al Khalid-1 is superior to Merkava even here (Thanks to superior Power/Weight ratio of Al Khalid-1)...but the difference was SO small and insignificant that I didn't put it in the OP .... Its like saying "Oh, Al Khalid-1 takes 2 second more to accelerate from 0-32km/h than Merkava and hence Merkava has an "edge" in this area..or vice versa whatever" ..lol...

Now, you can continue with your 7:1 mental masturbating though...

:wave:

With All Due Respect,

Why Open a Thread When You Know ALL and Know the Conclusion ?

That too on a forum where LESS KNOWLEDGEBALE Members Exist ?

If you wanna discuss. Learn to respect Openions First.

Some markets have more money (Arabs)..So they buy M1A1 from United States etc..In some markets , it is due to politics. In some places , Al Khalid is not very suitable for the terrain etc. Sri Lanka and Bangladesh both have Al Khalids btw...

Even Merkava has no operators beside Israel...I don't know how this is related to the topic in hand.

Didn't peruvian army reject this tank in favor of Russian T90S.

With All Due Respect,

Why Open a Thread When You Know ALL and Know the Conclusion ?

That too on a forum where LESS KNOWLEDGEBALE Members Exist ?

If you wanna discuss. Learn to respect Openions First.

Well , I do respect opinions derive from technical data. I don't respect childish jingoism based on nothing but your heart wishes against your enemy.

Also , I replied to him in detail and never replied back. He didn't even know BASICS of tanks etc. He couldn't even figure out that a tank with higher Power/Weight ratio will have a slight upper hand in acceleration...

Didn't peruvian army reject this tank in favor of Russian T90S.

Well they "signed" to buy MBT-2000s, and then they canceled the project.

Al Khalid-1 isn't same as MBT-2000s...it is upgraded version of Al Khalid which is itself superior to MBT-2000s. Basic version of Al Khalid is slightly superior to Russian T-90S btw (on paper comparison..like better engine , speed etc) ..

PA is the only operator of Al Khalid as of now. The Oil Rich Arab Countries have the resources to purchase Abrams, than why in the world would they accept an inferior product? Another reason why Al Khalid has not been heavily promoted is because HIT has its hands full in fulfilling the orders of PA. Most likely additional orders would be fulfilled from facilities in China as PA at present does not has the additional capacity.

On Topic. Comparing Al Khalid and Merkava is like comparing apples with oranges. One tank is designed to fight the much more mobile T90 in the fluid deserts of Thar while the other is designed to fight in a heavily urban concentrated warfare. The protection of Merkava is much superior to that of Al Khalid. Similarly, AL Khalid can fire Naiza round which is a 125MM DU Round which can penetrate Armour of 550MM, now thats some serious firepower.

Thouogh I don't know much about AK I can't say , But few what my gut feeling says is...

1. In muddy terrain AK1 or 2 can be better tank coz of its weight.
2. The transportation will be easy, deployment will be easy.
3. The Armour I heard was good, may be that will prove + point.
4. The Gun for this thank is good,
5. Most important the power to weight ratio is impressive, better power to weight ratio means better pick-up, I don know how much max speed matter, but pick up matter. In tank warfare, to dodge IR/LG ATGM , smoke screen is used, At terminal phase to Missile if tank make a quick move from smoke screen , chance of survival is best.

6. The price Tag is luracative, Some time Quantity to matters...

This is the most important advantage of the Al Khalid. PA can at minutes notice deploy the AK at the front lines. During the Azm E Nau Exercise, PA was able to deploy Al Khalid at Brigade strength within hours at the front line. The concept is to beat the enemy to the borders, so far it appears that it has achieved its objectives.

On Topic. Comparing Al Khalid and Merkava is like comparing apples with oranges. One tank is designed to fight the much more mobile T90 in the fluid deserts of Thar while the other is designed to fight in a heavily urban concentrated warfare. The protection of Merkava is much superior to that of Al Khalid. Similarly, AL Khalid can fire Naiza round which is a 125MM DU Round which can penetrate Armour of 550MM, now thats some serious firepower.

Well , I was watching Al Jazeera's documentary called "God's Chariots...Israeli tanks"...Merkava was originally designed by keeping in mind the armor threat from the Arab forces. In 1973, Egyptians inflicted heavy damages on Israeli armor throughout the war.Half of Israeli tank force deployed in Sinai was destroyed within first few hours of war by Egypptians, killing scores of Israelis. So main purpose of Merkava was to protect Israelis in big armor battles...What do you make of this?

Offcourse , Merkava IV is tailor made for Urban concentrated warfare but in big intense armor battles in Israeli-Arabian deserts, how do you think Merkava IV will fare against tanks like Al Khalid-1? Egyptians have 1000+ M1A1/M1A2 Abrams in their arsenal...doesn't that pose a huge threat to Israel , if Israeli Armor isn't good enough for armor battles?

This is not the topic. Don't post if you can't say anything constructive. Just sit back and learn.....

oh! well thanx but i will post the words that i want u should keep urself away frm me:tdown:

Back
Top Bottom