What's new

Comparison : Pakistani Al Khalid-1 MBT vs Israeli Merkava IV MBT !

AL KHALID II is in production most probably and work on AK-III is near completion

Your gapain have no value :D You say lots of fantasize things without any evidence...like Pak has ICBMs and what not.

Stop doing that.

We'll see when Pakistan's Al Khalid-II roles out and what does it offer. As of now, it doesn't exist with us.

Your gapain have no value :D You say lots of fantasize things without any evidence...like Pak has ICBMs and what not.

Stop doing that.

We'll see when Pakistan's Al Khalid-II roles out and what does it offer. As of now, it doesn't exist with us.
AK-2 exist and we are working on ICBM and most things I claimed have proven accurate in fact hit bulls eye

AK-2 exist and we are working on ICBM and most things I claimed have proven accurate in fact hit bulls eye

Yeah sure sure.

lol...

"Working on ICBM"? the hell does that mean? When will we do our first test? Before, you used to say in 2013...and its almost 2016 lol...

C'mon man--awein hawa mein batein na kiya kro...

I'm sure AK-2 'exist' as a design/future plan...but we don't have a working testable model as in Turkey's Altay etc. So no, we don't have "AK-2" as of now.

We might have ICBM's design in mind...but you won't see any ICBM for next 10 years...which means Pakistan doesn't have it.

Yeah sure sure.

lol...

"Working on ICBM"? the hell does that mean? When will we do our first test? Before, you used to say in 2013...and its almost 2016 lol...

C'mon man--awein hawa mein batein na kiya kro...

I'm sure AK-2 'exist' as a design/future plan...but we don't have a working testable model as in Turkey's Altay etc. So no, we don't have "AK-2" as of now.

We might have ICBM's design in mind...but you won't see any ICBM for next 10 years...which means Pakistan doesn't have it.
We have AK-2 as of now as for Ballistic Missiles they are pretty much ready and we use our all weather friend to test our missiles. AK-2 is developed with help of Turkey a great beast

We have AK-2 as of now as for Ballistic Missiles they are pretty much ready and we use our all weather friend to test our missiles. AK-2 is developed with help of Turkey a great beast

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yar, tu kam chora kr.

I'm sure Pakistan also has made a 5th generation fighter jet in secret :D

So according to you @Zarvan bhai, we have ICBMs and we use China to test them? :cheesy:

@Hyperion @Icarus @Horus I love our zaroo :-)

Yar, tu kam chora kr.

So according to you @Zarvan bhai, we have ICBMs and we use China to test them? :cheesy:

Yes we can use China for testing as for AK-2 it's quite similar to features to recent upgraded Turkish Leopard Tank the NG version. As for ICBM time will INSHALLAH prove me dam right.

Don't blame him, it's Muharram. His salafo-deobandi brain is on fire and wants to cuddle as many ahle-tasheeh as possible, that's why he can't think straight! :cheesy:

Yar, tu kam chora kr.

Ok..the chances of these tanks going against each other in the battle-field are very low. So keep it civil and no need to troll...

Note : Blue highlight = Advantage over the other tank

Weight :

Al Khalid-1 : 48 tons
Merkava IV : 65 tons.

Speed :

Al Khalid-1 : 72 km/h
Merkava IV : 64 km/h

Main Armament :

Al Khalid-1 : 125 mm smooth bore gun
Merkava IV : 120 mm smooth bore gun

Payload Capacity :

Al Khalid-1 : 49 rounds
Merkava IV : 48 rounds

Engine :

Al Khalid-1 : KMDB 6TD-2 6-cylinder diesel 1,200 hp (with upgrade)
Merkava IV : General Dynamics GD883 (MTU883) diesel 1,500 hp

Power/Weight :

Al Khalid-1 : 26 hp/tonne
Merkava IV : 23 hp/tonne

Armour :

Al Khalid-1 : Composite armour, RHA, ERA
Merkava IV : Composite matrix of laminated ceramic-steel-nickel alloy, ERA etc

Operational Range :

Al Khalid-1 : 500 km
Merkava IV : 500 km

Protection :

Al Khalid-1 : VARTA active protection system
Merkava IV : TROPHY active protection system

ATGMs :

Al Khalid-1 : Kombat , 9M119 Refleks (AT-11 Sniper) etc
Merkava IV : LAHAT

-----------

Feel free to point out any mistakes I made.

Al Khalid-1 is right up there with latest Merkava IV , with Merkava having a slight edge due to superior electronics etc.

Israel is producing Merkava since 1970's , while Pakistan started to produce Al Khalid much later. So it is great to see Pakistan producing tanks as capable as Al Khalid-1 :cheers:

Al Khalid-1 edges Merkava IV in firepower and mobility..while Merkava IV has better armor and protection system (Israelis are obsessed with soldiers' protection).

Have your say...

PS : There is alot of talk about which ATGM is superior...LAHAT or Kombat. Both ATGMs have their own advantages over the other...so lets keep it that way. This is why I didn't high-light any of the tank in ATGM category.

This isn't how tanks should be compared
Weight isn't important as long as its quick.
In fact, it means more armor in most cases.

Second- "
Merkava IV : 64 km/h"
*On road* the Merkava is very quick offroad, faster than most tanks, such as the latest versions of Leopard 2s, Abrams, T90s and more due to its tracks.

"
Merkava IV : 120 mm smooth bore gun"
Exactly like saying "I have a pen in blue color and my friend have one in red color"
You should compare its penetration with its most advanced rounds, its range and such.

"
Merkava IV : TROPHY active protection system"
Again, you should tell us (If its known)
Can it protect itself 360 degrees horizontally? And how much degrees of elevation?

Israel started to produce the Mk1 from the late 70s, the tank wasn't so good as it was to rearm the Israeli army after the 73 war.

No one disputed that.

Challenger 2 , Leopard 2A7 etc. are best of the tanks out there...
M1A2 Abrams SEP V3 is the most advanced MBT within the NATO bloc at the moment. Its specs and capabilities are largely classified.

M1A2 Abrams SEP V3 is the most advanced MBT within the NATO bloc at the moment. Its specs and capabilities are largely classified.

best tank with the best ammo

M829A4 would cut through any tank like butter

This isn't how tanks should be compared
Weight isn't important as long as its quick.
In fact, it means more armor in most cases.

Second- "
Merkava IV : 64 km/h"
*On road* the Merkava is very quick offroad, faster than most tanks, such as the latest versions of Leopard 2s, Abrams, T90s and more due to its tracks.

"
Merkava IV : 120 mm smooth bore gun"
Exactly like saying "I have a pen in blue color and my friend have one in red color"
You should compare its penetration with its most advanced rounds, its range and such.

"
Merkava IV : TROPHY active protection system"
Again, you should tell us (If its known)
Can it protect itself 360 degrees horizontally? And how much degrees of elevation?

Israel started to produce the Mk1 from the late 70s, the tank wasn't so good as it was to rearm the Israeli army after the 73 war.

There is no question about Israeli Merkava's superiority over Al Khalid-1.

I just opened this thread to show how Pakistan's in-house made Al Khalid-1 was pretty close to one of the best tanks of the world in terms of specifications, and capabilities etc.

Ofc, Merkava IV is still superior mainly due to superior armor.

There is no question about Israeli Merkava's superiority over Al Khalid-1.

I just opened this thread to show how Pakistan's in-house made Al Khalid-1 was pretty close to one of the best tanks of the world in terms of specifications, and capabilities etc.

Ofc, Merkava IV is still superior mainly due to superior armor.

Wasn't my point, I said that you should compare by its penetration and not cannon for example, protection, much more.

best tank with the best ammo

M829A4 would cut through any tank like butter
I'm pretty sure the Israeli M338 would be better.

US
  • US M827 120mm tungsten 450mm at 2km (never fielded)
  • US Olin GD120 120mm tungsten 520mm at 2km
  • US M829 120mm DU 552mm at 2km (1987)
  • US M829A1 120mm DU 610mm at 2km (1991) (Russian estimate 700mm)
  • US/Egyptian KEW-A2 120mm tungsten 660mm at 2km
  • US M829A2 120mm DU 730mm at 2km (1994)
  • US M829A3 120mm DU 765mm at 2km (2003) (Russian estimate 795mm) [may penetrate 800-900mm of RHA].
Germany (L44 only!)
  • 120mm DM-13 390mm at 2km (1979)
  • 120mm DM13A1 490mm (1983)
  • 120mm DM-33/Japanese JM-33 550mm at 2km (1987)
  • 120mm DM-43A1/US KEW A1 590mm at 2km (1994)
  • 120mm DM-53 tungsten 700mm at 2km (1996)
  • 120mm/L55 DM-53 760mm at 2km (2001)
  • 120mm DM-63/Israeli M-338 tungsten 680mm at 2km (2006) [<= DM53, but much better after (N)ERA]
  • 120mm/L55 DM-63 tungsten 720mm at 2km (2006)
France
  • 120mm OFL120F1 tungsten 590mm at 2km (1994)
  • 120mm OFL120F2 DU 647mm at 2km (1997)
UK (for rifled gun)
  • L-23 120mm tungsten APFSDS round 450mm at 2km (Apr 1983)
  • Charm-1 L-26 120mm DU APFSDS round 530mm at 2km (1991)
  • Charm-3 L-27 APFSDS 120mm DU 720mm at 2km (1999)
  • L-28 120mm APFSDS 770mm at 2km (200X)
S.Korea
  • 120mm APFSDS 670mm at 2km
  • K276 120mm tungsten 700mm at 1km (2004)
India
  • 120mm tungsten 650mm at 2km
China
  • 120mm tungsten 550mm at 2km
Sources
http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index....ration-values/page__pid__2220522#entry2220522
http://www.armchairgeneral.com/foru...9c6ae310289f6813f2d7403&p=2321427&postcount=7

"data from Collinsj site,who in turn collected data from sources found on Tanknet.Stephen Zaloga's various works on Russian MBTs,GSPO forum, BTVT, Vasiliy Fofanov's Russian MBT site, Hilmes' books, Hunnicutt Patton and Abrams, Janes IDR and the NII Stali website.
Most of results are various estimates,not official figures which are classified anyway. Not all are APFSDS rounds."

See also http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Ammunition_Data#Main_Gun

Back
Top Bottom