What's new

Commissioning Ceremony of 1500 Tons PMSS Kashmir Patrol Vessel

https://www.ship2yard.com/de/documents/annex_b.pdf

a.
One single
-barreled 30mm naval gun (semi-automatic) to beinstalled on the main deck on fox’l (Front Portion of the ship on
weather deck).

b.Two 12.7mm machine guns (fitted for and supplied by PMSA) tobe installed on both sides of the ship.

c.Fitted For arrangement of Missile system along with its associated equipment(s) e.g Radar, Ring Laser Gyro etc shall be made for future add
-on.

d.Armoury to be provided for stowage of small arms (small arms
to be supplied by PMSA and stored in small
arm cabinet, which is
capable of storing respectively 18 pistols, 20 assault rifles, 2 light
machine guns).

@HRK @Tank131 @Aamir Hussain

Seems Harbah will be installed on the 1500 ton MPVs with space left open behind the bridge. Your opinion?

Hi,

Guys---why is the ship curved in the middle---. Is it made of rubber---:woot::woot::woot:
Fisheye lens used to take picture.....
dCR8j-I-0_Dizq_ROAqQPvClmhzJNeRYfx8RzAEGxqZyoOyfBY2YJ4kGgSDFQsCs4LUSD77xC-DHdfjk_UoDYq6-qI5HE233_tZ8BKiYDqYEjEBqsnyAzD1J1adcZ7wGp4kw3bKJ

https://www.ship2yard.com/de/documents/annex_b.pdf

a.
One single
-barreled 30mm naval gun (semi-automatic) to beinstalled on the main deck on fox’l (Front Portion of the ship on
weather deck).

b.Two 12.7mm machine guns (fitted for and supplied by PMSA) tobe installed on both sides of the ship.

c.Fitted For arrangement of Missile system along with its associated equipment(s) e.g Radar, Ring Laser Gyro etc shall be made for future add
-on.

d.Armoury to be provided for stowage of small arms (small arms
to be supplied by PMSA and stored in small
arm cabinet, which is
capable of storing respectively 18 pistols, 20 assault rifles, 2 light
machine guns).
30mm naval gun not enough,add anti-aircraft missiles or anti-ship missiles..is better8-)

@HRK @Tank131 @Aamir Hussain

Seems Harbah will be installed on the 1500 ton MPVs with space left open behind the bridge. Your opinion?
I think they are meant to be patrol craft but double as antiship corvettes in wartime. So the ability to install AShM when needed makes sense and has long been talked about. The standard load however may not include them.

I don't think we will see AShM installed on any MSA ships, any time soon.

Training of personnel, and keeping them up to date, missile handling, storage, and security are genuine issues for which standards can and do vary between branches of service depending upon their primary missions.. We have seen what happened on one of the F22P in port in not too recent past.

Once again, I don't see a permanent housing of av. units on MSA ships. This is not the mission of the Agency. The landing pad is for emergency medevac. as part of their SAR duties. Furthermore, trained pilots, maint. crew, Flight controllers, and deck landing crews are all navy personnel. To replicate this in MSA would require a lot more funding of the service. It has a lot of Admin. funding, operational costs, cross service operations, training, and equipment enhancement issues not ot speak of changing the core mission of MSA.

On another note, we should seriously think of merging the Coast Guard with MSA. It is just a drain on public funds operating two agencies, essentially doing the same thing. Follow the US model, USCG is doing all, Search and Rescue (SAR), Maritime Law Enforcement (MLE) including drug interdiction and anti smuggling operations (Including human smuggling), Aids to Navigation (ATON), Ice Breaking/Weather Monitoring, Environmental Protection, Port Security and Military Readiness.

Training of personnel, and keeping them up to date, missile handling, storage, and security are genuine issues for which standards can and do vary between branches of service depending upon their primary missions.. We have seen what happened on one of the F22P in port in not too recent past.

Once again, I don't see a permanent housing of av. units on MSA ships. This is not the mission of the Agency. The landing pad is for emergency medevac. as part of their SAR duties. Furthermore, trained pilots, maint. crew, Flight controllers, and deck landing crews are all navy personnel. To replicate this in MSA would require a lot more funding of the service. It has a lot of Admin. funding, operational costs, cross service operations, training, and equipment enhancement issues not ot speak of changing the core mission of MSA.

On another note, we should seriously think of merging the Coast Guard with MSA. It is just a drain on public funds operating two agencies, essentially doing the same thing. Follow the US model, USCG is doing all, Search and Rescue (SAR), Maritime Law Enforcement (MLE) including drug interdiction and anti smuggling operations (Including human smuggling), Aids to Navigation (ATON), Ice Breaking/Weather Monitoring, Environmental Protection, Port Security and Military Readiness.
I totally agree

Coast guards are officered by army and only on shores while pmsa is officered by pn and at sea

What happened in the port ?

Back
Top Bottom