What's new

Colin Powell, dies of Covid complications at 84

How are they veterans, the cowardly bastards sat behind a desk and told lies and got millions of innocent people killed on fabricated DISH WASHING POWDER.
CORRECTION....

Powell's first memoir, "My American Journey," was published in 1995, in which he famously detailed 13 rules to live by:

Colin Powell's '13 Rules':

1. It ain’t as bad as you think. It will look better in the morning.
2. Get mad, then get over it.
3. Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego goes with it.
4. It can be done!
5. Be careful what you choose. You may get it.
6. Don’t let adverse facts stand in the way of a good decision.
7. You can’t make someone else’s choices. You shouldn’t let someone else make yours.
8. Check small things.
9. Share credit.
10. Remain calm. Be kind.
11. Have a vision. Be demanding.
12. Don’t take counsel of your fears or naysayers.
13. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.

14. Kill all Muslims.

I wonder if loyalty to ones country can cover up for the lies that leads to the deaths of innocent people be celebrated ? If a nation celebrate such loyalists then what is the moral standing of the said country/nation? dead?

Please do consider Colin Powell was a US General and a US Secretary of State. He served USA to the best of his abilities, as he was sworn to do. What about that you feel is morally wrong?
14. Kill all Muslims.

Incorrect. He said no such rule. You may be confusing that with China is doing to the Uighur Muslims.

In this case you didn't think deep enough. I meant after his military time. :)

What about his time as a secretary of State? He was far more than just that UN speech.

Last edited:
Hope someone in hell is putting WMDs up his *** -

What about his time as a secretary of State? He was far more than just that UN speech.

Is it really necessary to go into details of his political career ? What he did in that 2003 UN speech defines his political career and this he says himself as like in the article I posted earlier.

Is it really necessary to go into details of his political career ? What he did in that 2003 UN speech defines his political career and this he says himself as like in the article I posted earlier.

Except that his career was so much more than that one speech, clearly.

Please do consider Colin Powell was a US General and a US Secretary of State. He served USA to the best of his abilities, as he was sworn to do. What about that you feel is morally wrong?
Hitler was doing what was best for his country. Why does the US think exterminating Jews was morally wrong?

His long career was of technical consequence only to him but that speech of his led to atrocities which he himself regretted to some extent. There is no need for you to stubbornly defend him.

I am not defending anything or anybody. I am just looking at the totality of his career, that is all.
Hitler was doing what was best for his country. Why does the US think exterminating Jews was morally wrong?

Of course Hitler was doing what he thought was best for his country. I have no problem with that at all. Do you think China exterminating Uighurs is just as wrong as Germany exterminating Jews, or not?

didn't they win Iraq for you? and helped you to lynch Sadman Hossain? how ungrateful! or just feigning outrage to hide the real facts

Nope, the US regime invaded Iraq and Afghanistan in order to encircle and destroy Iran, a country which had also been placed on Bush's so-called "axis of evil" in addition to being inscribed on the list of nations that Washington intended to attack after 9-11, as revealed by US general Wesley Clarke. The motto of the G.I.'s during those years was "real men go to Tehran", and Iran was the primary target of the zionist neoconservative cabal surrounding George W. Bush, whose rabid obsession in this regard was plain obvious.

And it would indeed have come to this, had the US strategy of deliberately sowing chaos in Iraq not led to a systemic backlash of sorts in America as well as to a loss of appetite for more illegal wars of aggression (much more costly ones at that) - not to mention Iran's support for the Iraqi Resistance, which according to the Pentagon directly contributed to the elimination of over 600 US troops in a few years. The kidnapping and mistreating of Iranian diplomats from Iran's consular office at Erbil by US forces did not dissuade Tehran. Nor did the trespassing of British and American troops into Iranian territorial waters, considering their arrest by Iran and their parading before cameras.

Case in point, Iran was the only country in the region to staunchly condemn the illegal war on Iraq in 2003. Iraq was bombed out of Bahrein and Qatar, invaded out of Kuwait. In effect Saddam's Iraq had long ceased to represent any sort of a threat to Iran, seeing how thoroughly it had gotten hammered in 1991 already and then made to suffer 12 years of crushing embargos. During the latter period, it was in fact Iran which helped Baghdad circumvent sanctions, by covertly sending much needed commodities over the border, as one Saddam-era official later admitted on Iraqi television.

Saddam wasn't lynched, by the way, he was hanged. The executioners were masked and nobody knows who they really were, but they referenced Sadr, you know the Shia Iraqi cleric everyone tends to celebrate for actually not being an ally to Iran.

Last edited:
In effect Saddam's Iraq had long ceased to represent any threat to Iran, seeing how it had gotten hammered in 1991 and suffered 12 years of crushing embargo. During the latter period, it was in fact Iran which helped Baghdad circumvent sanctions, by covertly sending much needed commodities over the border, as one Saddam-era official later admitted on Iraqi television.

I didn't know that.

Saddam wasn't lynched, by the way, he was hanged. The executioners were masked and nobody knows who they really were, but they were referencing Sadr, you know the Shia Iraqi cleric everyone tends to celebrate for actually not being an ally to Iran.

1. I remember that clip of most of the executioners chanting "Muqtada, Muqtada"... and one of them scolded them that Saddam was about to be hanged so they should be respectful to him.

2. Wasn't Sadr supported by Iran later on ?

I didn't know that.

Ask @yavar. He uploaded the video of the Saddam-era official (a minister he was, I believe) on YouTube.

1. I remember that clip of most of the executioners chanting "Muqtada, Muqtada"... and one of them scolded them that Saddam was about to be hanged so they should be respectful to him.

2. Wasn't Sadr supported by Iran later on ?

Remember that these people could have been agents planted there by the Americans, with the purpose of stoking communal tensions in Iraq. To the best of my knowledge Sadr never acknowledged that these belonged to his group.

Sadr always sought to highlight his political independence from Iran, even if the Islamic Republic allowed him to stay in Iran when he was on the US hit list, after his forces started clashing with American occupiers at the Najaf and Karbala holy sites. Any cooperation was circumstantial and tactical, and Iran preferred to recruit Sadrist supporters into newly formed, actually pro-Iranian formations which aren't under Muqtada Sadr's command.

Just a couple of years ago, Sadr paid a visit to Muhammed bin Salman, in a move meant to exemplify his autonomy from Tehran. Sadr also opposed the government of President Al-Assad in Syria. On the other hand, when general Qassem Soleimani was murdered by the US, Sadr and his supporters joined the mass demonstrations calling for the withdrawal of remaining US occupation forces. So basically, Sadr never accepted US occupation and surely considers Washington the bigger issue, but at the same time and despite receiving some aid from Iran on certain occasions, he is no proper ally of Iran.

Last edited:
It is the duty of the soldier to question and protest against his government when it is doing wrong, whether internally or externally. Corrective actions are brought about this way, whether in Russia in 1917 or Egypt in 1952 or Libya in 1969 or the attempted one in Pakistan in 1951 or in other places.

Colin Powell did not question and protest against his government.
Looks like none of your immediate family or you ever served in the military. It is duty of soldier to do as directed. You dont question the government or your supervisors, that's when you start to become a problem and you will get replaced by someone else.
What about the Bargis ( Marathas ) who pillaged Bengal annually for ten years ? The Bengalis have nightmare lullabies about this.
Someone missed the context. You should read what I said again from line one.

Looks like none of your immediate family or you ever served in the military.

A relative of mine is in the navy yet I will still hold onto my position.

It is duty of soldier to do as directed. You dont question the government or your supervisors, that's when you start to become a problem and you will get replaced by someone else.

That makes one a robot, not a thinking and empathetic person.

Someone missed the context. You should read what I said again from line one.

I re-read it now and I still didn't see you criticizing Powell.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom