What's new

COAS warns Nawaz in covered words; Is this going somewhere?

Dude i'm secular myself but IMPO it isn't that harmful if the clear cut translation of Islam are made in the constitution i.e. they be distinct and not dubious.

Please note that the words shaky and dubious, as I have used above, describe the foundation and not Islam itself.

Please note that the words shaky and dubious, as I have used above, describe the foundation and not Islam itself.
The change is to be gradually made, it can't be done overnight but a sense of secularism can be sensed in the educated after all this bloody mess, will take time tho.

Oh I agree with you. Totally, you did not get the pun in there. Can the constitution, which is at the end written on a piece of paper and stored in archives for reference, protect you , or I or anyone.. from a force with bullets IF there is no one to fire bullets in the other direction to protect the constitution?
Totally agreed, but then protect it don't nullify it.

I hope you are right, but I will reserve my judgement until push comes to shove and the rule of law prevails.

Even the Constitution rests on the very shaky and dubious foundation called the Objectives Resolution. That is the corrosive acid of mixing state and religion that has been eating away at the fabric of our nation.

Those who get CR to be General are few. so the rest who dont see a future more than a Major rank, maybe humble in their opinion & differ... otherwise the colonial mentality is same as it was in Ayub's dictatorship.

no change whatsoever.

Kya kismat hai Nawaz Sharif ki. Jo Army chief banta hai wahi gaali deta hai isko...

BTW this Musharraf trial is getting over stretched now. He should be given a passage or, every person involved in undermining Constitution should be punished. Why single him out..?

Dude i'm secular myself but IMPO it isn't that harmful if the clear cut translation of Islam are made in the constitution i.e. they be distinct and not dubious.

The trampling done by the politicians is much less as compared to the generals, also no politician ever said...."ye aein kya hai kagaz ka aik tukra hai"

Agreed again , yet you are not understanding the quandary facing the nation. Here the issue is with an institution (which is still within the constitution an arm of the state and hence part of it). The employees of this institution have a tradition that is now turned to ethos turned into core personality profiles(taught, reared, ingrained) that the higher they go, they can do no wrong and no one has the right to question them because of their "firm"'s stature.

Unless that particular "company" ethos is eliminated from the moment the training program begins till the time they hit senior levels of leadership, you are wasting your time.

Kya kismat hai Nawaz Sharif ki. Jo Army chief banta hai wahi gaali deta hai isko...

BTW this Musharraf trial is getting over stretched now. He should be given a passage or, every person involved in undermining Constitution should be punished. Why single him out..?

Drama to take away attention from real issues.

RAWALPINDI: Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Raheel Sharif said on Monday that the Pakistan Army upholds the sanctity of all institutions and would resolutely preserve its own dignity and institutional pride.

Today COAS statement under discussion all over media. Targeting Saad Rafiq and Khawaja Asif speech in National Assembly. Where they bluntly target Pak Army role and Ex COAS.

Pakistan Army will preserve its dignity: COAS Sharif - thenews.com.pk

Musharraf will be tried no matter how many warning shots are fired :coffee:

Also nawaz has asked two khuwajas of his party to be quiet on Musharraf trial.. since then no word by them...but rumor is that Army wants them to apologize publicly..

Also nawaz has asked two khuwajas of his party to be quiet on Musharraf trial.. since then no word by them...but rumor is that Army wants them to apologize publicly..

People in positions of authority should not make any public statements on a sub judice matter as a matter of principle, no matter whether civilian or fauji.

Agreed again , yet you are not understanding the quandary facing the nation. Here the issue is with an institution (which is still within the constitution an arm of the state and hence part of it). The employees of this institution have a tradition that is now turned to ethos turned into core personality profiles(taught, reared, ingrained) that the higher they go, they can do no wrong and no one has the right to question them because of their "firm"'s stature.

Unless that particular "company" ethos is eliminated from the moment the training program begins till the time they hit senior levels of leadership, you are wasting your time.
Aidey aukhey angrezy :o:
On a serious note all i want our armed forces to do is to stay out of the government's business.....

People in positions of authority should not make any public statements on a sub judice matter as a matter of principle, no matter whether civilian or fauji.

Ideally the media should be curtailed too.

Aidey aukhey angrezy :o:
On a serious note all i want our armed forces to do is to stay out of the government's business.....

You can want that, but look at the title of this thread this way: Chowkidar warns his boss ....... :D

No, a free press is important. Let them be uncensored.

That is ridiculous....!

You can want that, but look at the title of this thread this way: Chowkidar warns his boss .......
Nawaz is the representative of Pakistani people, I don't like him either but currently he doesn't seem to be doing anything wrong.

Back
Top Bottom