What's new

COAS visits Strike Corps - Briefed on state of operational preparedness. ISPR

Keep them ready …. Keep them moving …….. Let enemy feel the horror …. :pakistan::pakistan:

ist a normal visit ?
Yes it is ……. before retirement COAS do visit all Corps...….. Now he is not going but I am sure this visit was plane for very same purpose(but of course in current environment and after extension meanings are change)

This is the golden chance for our armed forces to liberate Kashmir. With the full support of Kashmiris along both sides of the LOC ,opportunities like this come once in decades. We missed one chance in 1962 and one before Gen Zias death. I do pray for the victory of our Armed forces and hope their respect increases by leaps and bounds amongst our populace who may differ sometimes.

I now read the above link more carefully. US was NOT able to hack into Pakistani VIP and military telecommunications at all. There is no evidence of that anywhere.

You do need to read such things carefully and objectively. Otherwise it would look like as you implied.

The news just says they were able to steal plans only (e.g. fiber optics lines, communications protocols etc).

The leaked documents in the news you mentioned just says, if you read it carefully

,''targets in Pakistan’s National Telecommunications Corporation’s (NTC) VIP Division,' which contained documents pertaining to 'the backbone of Pakistan’s Green Line communications network' used by 'civilian and military leadership',"

While that's bad. it would have minimal effect on Pakistan. Communication protocols are similar throughout the world. They still cannot eves drops in Pakistan. There is NO evidence of that. Eves dropping on military without traitors is not possible.

Simply because of due to combinatorial nature of decryption algortihms, even the most powerful computers cannot break them every-time and fast enough even with insider information (encryption keys are regularly updated), despite NSA claims since military communications are not like civilians (i.e. mine or yours) (may be when large scale quantum computers become available but then there will be quantum encryption).

More often than note, even the best "randomized algorithms" fail in decrypting any given intercept (it might take years in general) and if they do it on time once in while due random chance (that's what randomized algorithms offer) soon it is detected and new encryption schemes takes over. NO one can keep up with that.

SO no it was NOT a hack into Pakistani military or VIP communication systems itself but only they only found out its construction plans just like china found out F-35 communication systems engineering plans such as communication protocols etc by hacking into US systems (many can do, now not just US).

Did china hacked into US military Jugular vein with F-35 plans? NO, neither did US into Pakistan.

Knowing from where a fiber optic cables goes can help ( you can use a traitor to tap into it) but decrypting it and that too without detection is very hard. Newer encryption schemes are now reaching theoretical impossibility with classical decryption algorithms running on classical computers (i.e. non-quantum computers). Even if it is done due to some traitor or other commercial info leak, modern counter detection algorithms allow Pakistan to detect such "data leaks". US can't do it for long.

Iran Hacks like that into US systems regularly so can Pakistan. but doing it regularly and at will is not possible neither for US or anyone else.

coming back to the news item you mentioned, In this case, they could NOT hack into Pakistani green line telecommunication system itself, Not at all. There is NO evidence of that anywhere. SO no US could NOT go for Pakistani jugular veins.

US can't do it. Even theoretically its very hard. Otherwise, 4G is 4G and military protocol are very similar in capabilities. If they can do it, so do others. Temporary hacking is possible but it will be detected very soon. That's why they need traitors on site who steal data and then to hide those traitors, they "pretend they hacked into it from US when it was some one in Pakistan" doing it for them.

Still counter measures allow detection of data theft and leak of any kind very quickly.

Things are not that easy for US. There are always counter strategies that protect Pakistani communications (he likely used encrypted communications).

Otherwise, they would have "hacked into osama bin laden" communications too or those were "helping him" here and abroad (i.e. bin laden family in saudi arabia). Hiring afridi looks like things are not as easy for US as our colonized mind make us think.

WE did not have proper coverage on western borders during osama raid as pointed out by Bilal at Quwa plus they were probably US radars if any which are easier for US to jam (using kill switch?). Otherwise, they could not have entered even Pakistan.

Stealth is not that stealth. A fundamental theorem similar to Black body radiation in statistical physics related to Electromagnetic scattering says, even if we have perfectly absorbing radar material, half of energy will still be given off as EM scatter waves which can always be detected with proper radar coverage (yes even for stealth aircraft, I am too tired to write on it now).

Furthermore due to this energy scatter, there is range within which even the most theoretically possible stealth aircraft can be detected and tracked. No one on earth can ever engineer such a perfect radar absorbing material or even close to it, unless they are god.

NOTE this theorem only valid for high frequency radars.

High powered, Low frequency radar with properly shaped radar waveform with frequency appropriate for a given shape and size of aircraft, can detect and track a stealth aircraft (with some loss of localization accuracy) without much problem. multiple such radars can even localized them with increasing accuracy.

If US can enter any country using stealth aircraft as they will, iran would NOT have tracked their stealth drone and hacked into it and landed it in iran.

If they could, why don't they do it to China, russia or undeveloped and poverty stricken North korea. How about Iran?

US has its severe limitations. we must never forget that.

I am really too tired and above probably is full of spelling and grammar mistakes, my apologies.

Capture1.PNG

Whatever you said is very much Possible. You know what other Possibility exist? They infected the machines in green room and did Privilege escalation attack and gain access to the switches. They don't have to hack the data travelling on wires. When they can pull Man in the Middle attack and extract most of the data. Thats what USA/NSA do most of the time, if they can't hack it, they do MiTM and Privilege escalation attavks to gain admin rights. Through which they access critical devices and siphon of the required data.

You do know as per the NSA leaked slide what it means when they said, they infected the machines of those who are maintaing green room, right ?

I don't have to imply anything. I may have oversimplified lot of things. By labeling them as hacking yet what they did was Privilege escalation attack and gaining access to Backbone switches.

"Simply because of due to combinatorial nature of decryption algortihms, even the most powerful computers cannot break them every-time and fast enough even with insider information (encryption keys are regularly updated), despite NSA claims since military communications are not like civilians (i.e. mine or yours) (may be when large scale quantum computers become available but then there will be quantum encryption)."

You should know that's not how NSA operates! If they can't break an encryption, they find backdoor, they exploit the weakest link in chain. Human Operators through MiTM and Privilege escalation and Hacking the human operator PC's and admin credentials and through that they laterally move into the encrypted system. and this how the majority of hacks are pulled. Social engineering, MiTM, Exploits etc

Knowing from where a fiber optic cables goes can help ( you can use a traitor to tap into it) but decrypting it and that too without detection is very hard. Newer encryption schemes are now reaching theoretical impossibility with classical decryption algorithms running on classical computers (i.e. non-quantum computers). Even if it is done due to some traitor or other commercial info leak, modern counter detection algorithms allow Pakistan to detect such "data leaks". US can't do it for long.

In recent past, best of the best encryption algorithms were failed because of the weaknesses in them. Let me share 2 3 examples of recent and distant past and hackers have exploited these vulnerabilities to Pull off privilege escalation attacks to gain admin access to the systems and you think NSA wouldnot have had used these vulnerabilities ?

https://www.csoonline.com/article/3...ug-how-does-it-work-and-how-was-it-fixed.html

https://techcrunch.com/2019/05/14/zombieload-flaw-intel-processors/

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/28/us/politics/us-iran-cyber-attack.html

US can't do it. Even theoretically its very hard. Otherwise, 4G is 4G and military protocol are very similar in capabilities. If they can do it, so do others. Temporary hacking is possible but it will be detected very soon. That's why they need traitors on site who steal data and then to hide those traitors, they "pretend they hacked into it from US when it was some one in Pakistan" doing it for them.

Still counter measures allow detection of data theft and leak of any kind very quickly.

Hackers doesn't need traitors to steal data. Take an example of these recent news items

Hackers lurked in Citrix systems for six months

https://www.zdnet.com/article/hackers-lurked-in-citrix-systems-for-six-months/

Citrix Completes Investigation into Data Breach

https://www.securityweek.com/citrix-completes-investigation-data-breach

Hackers breach NASA, steal Mars mission data
The infiltration was only spotted and stopped after the hackers roamed the network undetected for almost a year

https://www.welivesecurity.com/2019/06/24/nasa-breach-mars-raspberry-pi/

Last edited:
USA goes for a juglar vein. I guess you read this report where NSA Hacked the Pakistan VIP communication backbone 6-7 years ago ?

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/1...litary-political-leadership-Snowden-documents

China re-routed whole submarine cable thus was able to go through each and every piece of data.

We also had case in Australia where Chinese embassy was bugged while it was being constructed.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-08/the-chinese-embassy-bugging-controversy/5079148

Best thing is to send "phantom" messages back to the Indian High Command...

Or who is it that could be an army for you to aid you other than the Most Merciful? The disbelievers are not but in delusion. - Sura El Mulk (Ayet#20)

I am pretty sure Pak won't be alone this time by HIS PERMISSION!!! Some hearts in far away lands are burning with the same rage!!!

This raging thunder storm is the Turk/Pak Army O LORD
This is the Army to die for YOUR sake O LORD
Let them raise with Adhan YOUR NAME
Render them victorious for they are the Last Army of ISLAM

*Paraphrasing Yahya Kemal, the first Turkish Ambassador to Pakistan

These scums spy with the aid of the Sheyatin!!!! However, the Muslims know how to burn them....

May the eyes of unbelievers never sleep !

just don't wanna say anything, you can oppose me but not the Allah subhana Talla,

Indeed we were sloppy and didn't do our job and the irony is that non-muslims blames Islam was spread by force. If that were true, there wouldn't be a single non-muslim in all the lands Muslims conquered.

this is the second corps he visited in few days ... interesting times and movements by COAS
There are 2reasons, first due to Kashmir situation, secondly after getting an extension he is visiting different Garrison's and interacting with officers.

Samahni Valley is opposite Nowshera/Naushera sector, which is the most heavily defended area along LOC by IA. Hell of a strategy to infiltrate anyone from here in IOK, straight into sniper fire and LMG's nests.

Troop movement and infiltration do not carry the same meaning.

I think PA is done with infiltration strategy , the situation is now ahead of these little incursions and minor attacks on IA here and there, it wont bothered IA in Past it wont do any better in future .India need a bigger punch like 5-10 Jets shot down or bomb one of the bases in IoK that might give them some sleepless nights and make them reconsider . but these incursions might serve the purpose of India to let them kill or attack IA forces, call it act of terrorism and put it on Pakistan and try to do some misadventure .

Back
Top Bottom