What's new

COAS takes notice on Karachi incident - DG ISPR

Safdar batchmates are now liutenent general or major general.

no body is talking about controling media ... if they shut these tons of tv channels i am sure our country's heart attack rates will reduce ...from 7 pm to 12 there is a race of so called breaking news which break people hearts and leave them disappointed ...this entire PDM will shut if there is no media covrage

I hope its not a homoepathic reaction to this like the one against Dawn Leaks. These thugs of PPP and PMLN keep dragging army into politics.
DG rangers Sindh had rangers pick up and detain the IG police and force him to take action against Capt Sufdar.

Many senior police officers in Sindh have since handed in their resignations.

The news of kidnapping is fake. Just like the Maryam saying police broke her door and pulled Safdar. As if we dont know how much these thieves lie.
This country is turning into a joke completely

Reputation of army under Bajwa is getting shattered. Whatever goodwill that army gained after Raheel Sharif tenure is getting destroyed

Shameful situation. A complete disgrace

I say again. I have serious concerns with whatever they are teaching at PMA so that we are getting such kind of leadership in return

Not the countey, its the politics. Dont believe a word that comes from PPP and PMLN. Thats the first point to get your sanity back.

Now, no one is talking about the shameful act of that as*hole Safdar. For their politics, they would not eve spare Qauid's mazaar but everyone now pointing guns at COAS. Exactly what PPP and PMLN wanted.

Last edited:
Good program on how PPP is playing politics on Sindh police and how Sind police is selectively rational.

A few days ago, I heavily criticized the COAS and other Generals for having absurd priorities. I said they need to look after our ordinary Jawans who were getting killed because of inadequate protective vehicles, and that these generals were getting involved in absurd "Topi Dramas". Well I WAS GIVEN 2 WARNING POINTS FOR SAYING THE TRUTH !

Today, ALL OF US CAN SEE that what I said was the truth, and all of us can see with our own eyes that this COAS and his generals are getting involved in absolute filth created by these absolute Corrupt Baboons like Nazaw, Zardari and their basta.rd kids. Why is the COAS talking to Bilalwal? Why??

Ordinary people of Pakistan and Ordinary jawans are being kept hostages by these people. Do you really think these people are going to fight a 2-front war with India????

Let us assume that Capt. Safdar is guilty of violating Quaid’s tomb, it is the job of the police to arrest him. If the police failed to do so then a petition could have been filed in the High Court to order Karachi Police to arrest the culprit?

But undermining the local police by the Rangers in Karachi is a very serious breach of protocol. This episode has given a bona fide reason to PPP and the Sindh gov’t to scream that the Centre is undermining the provincial autonomy.

Whosoever ordered it was ill-advised as it indirectly implicates the Army and reaffirms the perception that Imran Khan is nothing but a puppet of the establishment.
While I agree a cannon has been used to kill a fly in this case, but Rangers have policing authority and a legal role of law enforcement specifically in Karachi - you know due to the awesome performance of Sindh Govt. and Police in holding peace in the last decade that saw tens of thousands die due to extortion, gang war-fare, terrorism by ppp/mqm etc.

If performance of Niazi government is up to the mark. These problems will not come to surface at first place. Oh bhai woh aata, cheeni, eggs ki prices control nahi kr skta.. Establishment kia kary aun ki badnami ho rahi ha, Niazi ki waja se.. Please try to understand the root cause of all these issues and relax coz we need you brother.
Performance of IK is much better but the trash left of so many years of the khotokhors cannot be clean in 2 years.
As for eggs phela yeh dekh lo woh dozen main milta hain yah kilo main phir bhass kerna

With due respect to the PTI apologists, pressurizing the Police Chief of a province by another branch of security services is a very serious matter. Rangers are an internal security force with the prime objective to provide and maintain security in war zones and areas of conflict as well as providing assistance to the police when asked for by the provincial government. The rangers are not supposed to act independently of the police but to 'Assist' them.

Since the Rangers are officered by the serving military officers, COAS has acted promptly and ordered an inquiry into the matter. The complainants were the PTI leaders clearly indicating their involvement in this affair. Because of the indirect implication of the Army, everyone is very circumspect in their comments. Dawn's editorial comment is quite appropriate.

In my humble opinion, anyone who justifies abducting the IG Police and forcing him to arrest someone, regardless of the severity of the crime, has little regard for the law & order.

Capt Safdar’s arrest
EditorialUpdated 21 Oct 2020

THE circumstances surrounding retired Capt Mohammed Safdar’s arrest must be thoroughly investigated and the findings made known. For if there is any truth to the version increasingly gaining credence, it indicates that the rule of law in this country is in absolute peril.
The drama unfolded early Monday, just hours after the PDM’s successful rally in Karachi, when the police took Capt Safdar into custody from the hotel where he and PML-N vice president Maryam Nawaz were staying, after allegedly breaking open the door to the couple’s room. The arrest came after an FIR was filed against him, Ms Nawaz and 200 of their supporters for violating the sanctity of the Quaid-i-Azam’s mausoleum, damaging government property, etc.
According to the complaint, during their visit to the site, Capt Safdar trespassed into the restricted area surrounding the grave and started raising slogans, thereby violating the law prohibiting political activities at the mausoleum. However, what appears to have transpired behind the scenes is no less than jaw-dropping, notwithstanding Pakistan’s increasingly tenuous link with the norms of democracy.
On Monday, Ms Nawaz’s spokesman and PML-N leader Mohammed Zubair said he was told by the Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah that the Rangers had abducted the Sindh IG and taken him to a sector commander’s office where he was forced to issue arrest orders; the additional AIG was also brought there. Some PDM leaders at a later press conference seconded this account, accusing certain state elements of trying to create rifts within the opposition alliance.
The episode has certainly been a huge embarrassment to the Sindh government. Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari denounced the arrest as a “sad and shameful act” and some PPP leaders such as Saeed Ghani tweeted that the provincial government had nothing to do with it. The Sindh chief minister in a press conference yesterday attempted to shed some light on the episode, but only succeeded in muddying the picture even further. While correctly describing Capt Safdar’s actions at the Quaid’s mausoleum as “inappropriate”, Mr Shah said the police acted “in accordance with the law”, but he neither refuted Mr Zubair’s version nor alluded to it.
What followed immediately after, however, leaves little doubt as to what took place on Monday morning and the ripple effects it has had. Mr Bhutto-Zardari’s press conference appeared to confirm that thuggish tactics that are the hallmark of despotic regimes were indeed resorted to. How else can one interpret the fact that the house of the province’s top cop was laid siege to at 2am, a few hours before Capt Safdar’s arrest?
Several senior policemen in Sindh applied for leave on the grounds that their high command had been “ridiculed” in the matter and the entire force left “demoralised and shocked”. Although the officers later sought a deferment of their leave, Sindh’s main law-enforcement agencies are in an ugly face-off, with things moving in an alarming direction.
Published in Dawn, October 21st, 2020

https://www.dawn.com/news/1586183/capt-safdars-arrest

With due respect to the PTI apologists, pressurizing the Police Chief of a province by another branch of security services is a very serious matter. Rangers are an internal security force with the prime objective to provide and maintain security in war zones and areas of conflict as well as providing assistance to the police when asked for by the provincial government. The rangers are not supposed to act independently of the police but to 'Assist' them.

The rangers are deployed based on the Anti-Terror Act 1997 and their job is to provide assistance ONLY on terror matters and city security. If somebody starts breaking car windows, the rangers are not the authority to arrest him nor are they the authority to pressurize the police. Their entire power rests solely on matters related to terrorism. Frankly this was such a thuggish move that it finds no justification no matter. The act in question allows for them to take action against terrorist and terrorism itself. They are not even empowered to enter IG officer and complain that there is growing theft in the area.

We often criticize the police for breaking all laws and abusing the power of the executive structure but the Rangers in question acted no differently. They should be equally condemned.

With due respect to the PTI apologists, pressurizing the Police Chief of a province by another branch of security services is a very serious matter.
But pressuring police chief by CM to not file a legal FIR against convict Captain Safdar is not a very serious matter? Had police filed the FIR without taking dictation from the CM, none of the unfortunate events should have happened.
In my humble opinion, anyone who justifies abducting the IG Police and forcing him to arrest someone, regardless of the severity of the crime, has little regard for the law & order.
Only law and order is when someone desecrates tomb of nation's founder and police refuse to arrest him just because he is chief guest of CM :D
While correctly describing Capt Safdar’s actions at the Quaid’s mausoleum as “inappropriate”, Mr Shah said the police acted “in accordance with the law”, but he neither refuted Mr Zubair’s version nor alluded to it.
Captain Safdar's actions were not inappropriate but illegal. He wasn't arrested according to the law because CM was personally protecting him as chief guest. Army rangers removed that protection by force, hence this melodrama by the resistance.
Mr Bhutto-Zardari’s press conference appeared to confirm that thuggish tactics that are the hallmark of despotic regimes were indeed resorted to.
Refusal to file FIR against Captain Safdar for a documented crime just because he is a political guest of CM is not hallmark of despotic regimes?
How else can one interpret the fact that the house of the province’s top cop was laid siege to at 2am, a few hours before Capt Safdar’s arrest?
This is not a fact yet as investigations haven't concluded that as a fact. Dawn is deliberately making a case for oppositions narrative. Dishonest.
Several senior policemen in Sindh applied for leave on the grounds that their high command had been “ridiculed” in the matter and the entire force left “demoralised and shocked”.
Should armed forces now give their resignations on mass since their COAS was ridiculed by convicted criminal bhagora Nawaz Sharif?
Although the officers later sought a deferment of their leave, Sindh’s main law-enforcement agencies are in an ugly face-off, with things moving in an alarming direction.
So now resignations are deferred because it was just a political stunt by Sindh police to pressure army? :D

Last edited:
Should armed forces now give their resignations on mass since their COAS was ridiculed by convicted criminal bhagora Nawaz Sharif?

If COAS's authority had been undermined, he should and would have resigned. Nawaz Sharif did not 'Ridicule' COAS, he accused him and also Asim Bajwa of committing treason. IG's authority was on the other hand usurped when he was taken to the sector commander of the Rangers. NS however insulted another COAS (Musharraf) and had to suffer for it.

I repeat that this is not a matter of whether Capt Safdar should have been arrested or not and/or if he should be punished for it. This a matter of a branch of security service under the Centre abducting (IF IT IS TRUE) head of the security service of a unit of the Federation. I regret my inability to argue with someone who considers this serious breach of protocol is justified for apprehending the culprit who was shouting slogans at the Quaid's Mazar.

Two 'wrongs' don't make a 'right' and my limited intellect is unable to swallow the argument that since A has not been punished for the murder of B, I also have the right to be free after murdering my enemy.

I have nothing more the say on this subject.

The bhutto, talpur, zardari, soomro and whatever the hell else these idiots have as surnames, comprise of a "privilege" culture who are apparently by some birth right (in their retarded, sordid heads) are entitled to. This culture is specifically a distinguished one in Pakistan's province of Sindh. Educated Jahils seem to roam in Karachi because they know their true worth. Their pathetic attempts at sabotage with Karachi is indicative of their primitive brains. Hang these traitors wholesale, leave none alive, nor their associates. That includes traitors like nawaz, zardari, diesel, altaf and bilawal along with their groupies, criminals and thugs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom