What's new

COAS on four-day visit to Australia

Those can be very good assets if they can be procured cheaply and MLUed, but will US allow it as it will boost our defense capability many folds all round.

On a serious note sounds impossible to me in a current situation. But only thriving economic conditions can allow us to get latest weapon systems from our Western counterparts. All what Uncle Sam want is some real hard cash in billions, and suddenly all interests in region would be mutual with us again.... of course which would the main reason to provide us vipers or hornets...!!!! Who knows what positive developments we shall have in upcoming years..!!

We are looking at more training of Pakistani cadets at RMA Duntroon.

Maybe some suplus Aussie gear, i.e M-113s which they are going to replace.

Other items i.e C-130s, some Frigates and MPAs too are about to be retired which Pakistan maybe keen on buying.

FYI - Most of Aussie gear is in a good condition as its hardly used.

do the aussies have some gear left back in afg. ???

i think the Australians have had a withdrawal already :undecided: not sure about the hardware though

We are looking at more training of Pakistani cadets at RMA Duntroon.

Why we want that? what benefit it adds as we already sent our cadets for training in western countries?

Maybe some suplus Aussie gear, i.e M-113s which they are going to replace.

When we can build our own version of M-113s then why go for used ones and we can get newer models of APC/IFV from eastern European countries they may be much cheaper from their counterparts.

Other items i.e C-130s, some Frigates and MPAs too are about to be retired which Pakistan maybe keen on buying.

Which model of C-130s, Frigates & MPAs they are retiring? and what it will add to our military? will it be cheap to buy and operate?

10549992_820895151262672_4391051736023396052_o.jpg

Identical dress :O

Why we want that? what benefit it adds as we already sent our cadets for training in western countries?

Royal Australian Military Academy Duntroon is perhaps the best military institution to train our young cadets in leadership as per the international standards, in the entire Southern Hemisphere. Exposing cadets to international education has obvious benefits as they keep the Army informed with the latest trends and they help build professional and personal bonds with foreign cadets who would be the leaders of tomorrow.

When we can build our own version of M-113s then why go for used ones and we can get newer models of APC/IFV from eastern European countries they may be much cheaper from their counterparts.

Used ones are cheaper and readily available, you don't need to build them. More the merrier!

Which model of C-130s, Frigates & MPAs they are retiring? and what it will add to our military? will it be cheap to buy and operate?

C-130H - P3C Orion, F/A-18 Hornets and OHP class frigates among other gear.

Last edited:
Thereis nothing wrong with building relations----good things follow. It is always good to have the aussies on your back.

Back
Top Bottom