What's new

Club football discussions

And PSG scooooooore!

BArca have been really poor, psg completely deserve it.

Btw, a Pak flag behind the PSG goal!:pakistan:

it is shocking that we do not have any thread on football. i mean there is a cricket sub forum but no football discussion. lets regularly talk about our favorite club, players, their performances, new signings, signing rumors and match results.........:cheesy:

here is my favourite club and we are going to win next champions league for sure....

1GRc4dcf364626fdf.jpeg

Dude I was fortunate enough to watch a match between Brazil and Argentina. Witnessed 3 goals by Messi. Argentina my fav won the match 4-3. The atmosphere was electrifying. 83k spectators were cheering in the match. Arg and Brz supporters are very big rivals similar to our Ind Pak counterparts and fighting almost started in the ground.:cheesy: But I would definitely say that I liked it more than our cricket crowds.

Aaaaaaand

YOure out of the final!

Germans are tearing Spain a new one...Lewandowski on fire.

:P

Yeah....

Barca got Outclassed in every department.

Same happening to RM.

However, I won't lose hope yet ;) Nothing is impossible even though it seems so.

Visca El Barca

Forever <3

Barca have been given a royal spanking by Bayern!

BJNU85QCEAA0-c9.jpg

[BREAKING] Apparently Qatar foundation will be ending its sponsorship with Barcelona amid reports that a new beverage company has taken the helm of the Catalan minnows.

315495_600687676608590_337459578_n.jpg

Barcelona announce Neymar capture

The 21-year-old will sign a five-year contract, the club said, with the player confirming he will sign his contract on Monday.
A Barcelona statement read: "FC Barcelona and Santos have agreed to terms for Neymar da Silva Santos Junior. The Brazilian forward will don the Blaugrana strip for the next five seasons. The 21-year old is one of the most promising footballers on the planet."
Neymar had been considering his future after his club Santos revealed on Friday they had accepted two offers for their star player, with Barca confirmed as one of the bidders and Real Madrid widely assumed to be the other.
Neymar has confirmed his decision on Saturday, writing on Instagram: "I'm here with friends and family and they have helped me to write a few things here. I'm not going to hold out until Monday. My family and friends already know my decision.
"On Monday I will sign a contract with Barcelona."
The 21-year-old's contract at Santos was due to expire at the end of next season and some reports had suggested an agreement with Barcelona was reached as much as a year ago.
Now the move has been confirmed.
Neymar wrote: "I want to thank the fans of Santos for these incredible nine years. My feeling for the club and the fans will never change. It is eternal!
"Only a club like Santos FC could give me everything I have experienced on and off the field. I thank the wonderful fans who supported me even in the most difficult moments.
"Titles, goals, dribbling, celebrations and songs that fans created for me will be forever in my heart..."
Neymar will say goodbye to the Santos fans at Sunday's season-opening game against Flamengo.
"I made sure I could play the match tomorrow [Sunday] in Brasilia," he said. "I want to have the opportunity to once again take the field and hear the crowd scream my name ...
"It is a strange time for me, sad (farewell) and happy (new challenge). May God bless me in my choices ... And I'm always a Santos fan!"
In a statement, Santos said they had made every effort to keep hold of the player.
It read: "The management committee of Santos FC announces that it has received notification from the athlete Neymar Jr advising that he has decided to accept the proposal of Barcelona. The transfer of playmaker to the Spanish team will be sealed in the coming days.
"After refusing a offers of many millions for Neymar Jr since mid-2010, and implemented a career plan that allowed his historic stay in Brazil for several years, bucking the trend of Brazilian football to quickly sell its greatest talents, Santos FC finally agreed to sell.
"Every effort was made to keep him in Brazil as long as possible, even offering to renew the current contract, which ended in July 2014. At this time, however, it was not possible to compete with the terms offered from abroad, which affected the decision of the player to review his professional life.
"Due to the confidentiality agreement, and by mutual agreement, the terms of the transfer will not be disclosed by any of the parties."
Barcelona assistant boss Jordi Roura on Friday refused to be be drawn on the progress of Barcelona's chase, but acknowledged the talent of the player, who already has more than 30 international caps.
"Let things run their course," he said. "He's a spectacular player and any club would want him."
Neymar is a superstar in Brazil, and his departure will be a big blow to fans of Santos, who had hoped he might stay until after next year's World Cup in the country.
With Neymar, who made his debut as a 17-year-old in 2009, Santos have enjoyed their greatest period of success since Pele was playing for the club, winning three straight Campeonato Paulista titles and the Copa do Brasil.
The crowning glory came in 2011 when the club won the Copa Libertadores for the first time since 1963 and Neymar was named the South American Footballer of the Year as well as winning the Puskas Award for the world's best goal.
The statement from Santos concluded: "More than an idol, Neymar Jr became a myth not only for Santos, but for Brazilians and football fans around the world.
"The club says goodbye for now to its playmaker, wishing you much success in your new journey, certain that the Vila Belmiro (stadium) will continue being your second home."

La Liga News | Barcelona announce Neymar capture | FOX SPORTS

Here is my football club

111336a

660059-perth-glory.jpg

It based in Perth Western Australia, our colours are purple, why are they purple? because pre 2005, most football clubs in Australia were based on Ethnicity(Greek, italian, serbian, Croatian etc) rather then being about your local area, purple did not identify with any of this.

My club entered the NSL in 1996 and was one of the first non ethnic clubs, it brought in the biggest crowds of the entire NSL(national soccer league) and caused change within football. In 2004 due to financial troubles, in-house squabbling etc the NSL folded, in 2005 Australia qualified for the world cup for the first time in three decades and in 2006 the A-league was launched, with teams not having an ethnic identity.

Unfortunately my club failed to get with the times and rather then playing youth and having technical brand of football we played english style with old players and we became famous for "hoofing" the ball forward, last year though we finally got a coach who now plays from out the back and a possession style football and importantly now promotes youth with in the team.

The A-league kicked off with a bang and brought in record crowds but after 3 years it started to go down hill, with failed expansion attempts etc. Last year however Sydney FC signed Alessandro Del Piero, Newcastle signed Emile Heskey and a team was launched in a football heartland in Western Sydney who signed Shinji Ono.

This brought in further interest and tv ratings and things are finally looking up again, not to say the league still doesnt have problems, it is still a growing league and is only getting better.

Melbourne Victory are also apparently very close to signing greek captian and ex Fullham player Giorgos Karagounis which would be another coup for the league.

I dont support overseas clubs, we call people who only support oversea clubs Eurosnobs, i have no connection with those clubs and supporting them doesn't help the sport here.

Australia are playing Jordan in a crucial WCQ tomorrow, we should of already qualified but we have a coach plays hardly any youth and has the used the same team we have had since 2006.

Australia beat Jordan 4-0 we have to beat Iraq to auto qualify, Iran beat Lebanon but they will likely have to beat SK away to auto qualify.

Pakistan-born billionaire Shahid Khan buys EPL football club Fulham
becoming the First Pakistani to own England's top football club.

1069261_416927201754214_1491491465_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom