What's new

Club football discussions

No intent to cause harm, he had his eyes on the ball the whole time. A yellow at best.
Would never have been a red in the premier league.

This can go on forever, best thing is to accept the red card and move ob - its part of football - we scored the first goal from open play and were in a commanding position - the red changed the game - Madrid had 10 minutes of class when we were down to 10 men - thereafter they were holding on - UTD played with character. Anyways, will be an interesting champs league now.

The goal you scored from "open play" was a fluke own goal one which should have been ruled off anyway because Van Persie was offside after the initial shot.

By the way, Pierre Luigi Collina has even confirmed that the red was legit.

That red was always legit. Red nose fergie can complain all he wants, but he ain't gonna get decisions in his favor in the UCL unlike EPL where referees are literally under his influence.

Nani's boot was on his chest FFS/

No intent to cause harm, he had his eyes on the ball the whole time. A yellow at best.

Mate that would have been so easily a red card in Czech republic or even Italy for that matter . The thing is your media hypes up the situation to its maximum and then shamelessly demand the impossible from Uefa .
If i am not wrong even Fergie is banned for his actions right ? :lol:

Again with the intent thing, why do manucians keep on beating the same drum. 95% dangerous tackles that evoke a sending off are made with the intent to win the ball. The ones that are done with intend to harm the other player are normally handed stricter punishment by the relevant governing authority based on video evidence after the game. Lets take "Intent" out of this now.

That red was always legit. Red nose fergie can complain all he wants, but he ain't gonna get decisions in his favor in the UCL unlike EPL where referees are literally under his influence.

Nani's boot was on his chest FFS/

I also felt the same, Even if the red was not justified, Fergie always does this kind of tricky stuff to others ;)

You can always expect the English media to hype up things to an absurd level!

Again with the intent thing, why do manucians keep on beating the same drum. 95% dangerous tackles that evoke a sending off are made with the intent to win the ball. The ones that are done with intend to harm the other player are normally handed stricter punishment by the relevant governing authority based on video evidence after the game. Lets take "Intent" out of this now.
I'm not a united fan. What do you mean? Intent to cause harm is a factor considered when making a decision.
You could completely miss a guy but still be sent off if the referee thought you were just going out to hurt someone.
It was a high foot nothing more.

Mate that would have been so easily a red card in Czech republic or even Italy for that matter . The thing is your media hypes up the situation to its maximum and then shamelessly demand the impossible from Uefa .
If i am not wrong even Fergie is banned for his actions right ? :lol:
That's my point, foreign leagues have a reputation in england, for being very harsh on what we would call good tackles or 50/50 challenges.
Yeh he probably will face action for not turning up to his interviews or something.

So here`s the football thread!

Anyone saw last nights CL matches?

Yeah...

I watched the Barca-PSG with more interest though...

Good game.

Should have won, but a good result with 2 away goals anyways.

The bad part is that Mascherano is out for 6 weeks and that Messi is injured too :/

Bayern absolutely dominated vs Juve

Good game.

Should have won, but a good result with 2 away goals anyways.

The bad part is that Mascherano is out for 6 weeks and that Messi is injured too :/

Bayern absolutely dominated vs Juve

It wasn't a really good game, kind of sloppy-ish.

The defending by PSG was excellent though, totally marked Iniesta and Messi out of the game and Xavi had no outlet to pass to.

It wasn't a really good game, kind of sloppy-ish.

The defending by PSG was excellent though, totally marked Iniesta and Messi out of the game and Xavi had no outlet to pass to.

A better game by our standards though :P

With the fragile defence Barca has, you can expect much to happen on the counter..

Didnt lose so satisfied...

Yeah a good game by PSG,

Thiago Silva was immense!

Back
Top Bottom