What's new

Classy Shakib vs. Ordinary Sehwag

And people will say that, all other teams also waited long to get the first victory. But the point is they drew a lot many on their skills. Go back in hostory and check about those 6 drawn matches, my bet most of them would be rain curtailed matches.

Sad thing is that they lose much before the last day. On their skills alone they can hardly take the game on to the last session.This match also, due to poor conditions we lost more than a day and still we beat them comfortably.

This is why a Jatt told the ture facts. They are still an ordinary team.

Bangladesh still made 300+...we still had problems getting them all out...
some of their bowlers actually bowl faster than a lor of our own...
what would you say if BD were to say defeat India in the next test?
calm your patriotic fervor down...even if you are just making plain sense....Bd is inhabited by 150 mil who would not want their team to be called ordinary by no jaat.

How calling someone an ordinary team (which is fact btw) is disrespectful????

Why? For what?

Forget Cricket. BD can't even compete to us in Kabaddi, Football etc.
so I guess we should'nt even think of competing in the olympics...as we are a sh!t country as far as getting medals is concerned...talking relatively is absurd....remember that India has also been down in the dumps many times in all the sports...
Besides respect is something mutual. What kind of respect you get from BD?
dont judge the entire population of BD just after reading some sh!t from some of the BD members...they like watching the IPL and like some of the Indian cricketers too...

BD has never travelled India for tests. If they are like this at their own turf then what they will perform in India?

Even Sri Lanka is yet to win a test in India.

GB

well someday SL and BD both will win a test in India..

Bangladesh still made 300+...we still had problems getting them all out...
some of their bowlers actually bowl faster than a lor of our own...
what would you say if BD were to say defeat India in the next test?
calm your patriotic fervor down...even if you are just making plain sense....Bd is inhabited by 150 mil who would not want their team to be called ordinary by no jaat.

Aaaah after a long time Paritosh :)

Well I admit that we still are not a champions side even though we are No 1 in the ranking. We all know BD were down by 6 wickets so cheaply in both the innings and still we could not wrap things up. 301 was too much for my liking , If we were a true champions side we should have wrapped them up in 201. After their 6th wicket that was a definite possibility, our bowling, as you pointed out, was not upto the mark. If this is the standard against BD then what will happen against SA !!!

Well, what I was defending was the term "Ordinary".

1. Sehwag said that its not a very special team, which translates to the term ordinary. He dint say they are pathetic or mediocre.

2. No one called the country ordinary, I know every one love their country and their cricket team, atleast in this part of globe, if you look at my posts I never made such comments.

well someday SL and BD both will win a test in India..

Yes, Sure they will one day.

If you remember back in 90s, when I was a school going kid, SL ODI team was pathetic or should I say Ordinary. But now in ODI they are a power to reckon with. Hell they won the WC too.

Even as a test side they are good, in fact India's worst overseas record is against SL.

I was sure that BD will lost. Cos BD tried to win not draw.

Most of our players are hot tempered, lack of patience and like to play big shots. These guys are only in their 20’s. If the improvement continues then in few years Bangladesh team will make it presence worth while. I believe we will do well in coming world cup.

We would have better in this series if Mushraffe was around yet this guy always find his way to be injured in wrong time nevertheless I am happy to see our competitive performance in these days.

We need few more mushfiq-ur-rehman for test series. This guy has patience and endurance. It was a good century and good answer to Sewag low quality remark aginst our team.

Last edited:
It was a good century and good answer to Sewag low quality remark aginst our team.

I'll indulge you Zakir, if Bangladeshi is not an ordinary test team, what pray is it exactly? Extra ordinary? Exceptional? Brilliant? Didn't think so. So no, it was not a low quality remark.

You don't have to get all hyper. We Indians can admit that our Hockey team is ordinary. We can all testify to the fact that our football team is absolutely useless. So, why can't you admit the truth.

Bangladesh is new to tests, they'll remain ordinary for a while yet. However, with time, i'm sure you'll get better.

PS - Bangladesh maybe ordinary in tests, but is an above average side in ODI;s,

Nope even in ODI they are average, but yes on their day they can give a bloody nose to any side. Heck they kicked us out from last WC :(

Nope even in ODI they are average, but yes on their day they can give a bloody nose to any side. Heck they kicked us out from last WC :(

Exactly. They kicked us out of the World Cup. I also remember them beating Australia once. Point is, they win ODI's sometimes. They never win tests. So logically they are a better ODI side than a test side.

By the way, A tarantino fan huh? Excellent taste in movies sir!!

I'll indulge you Zakir, if Bangladeshi is not an ordinary test team, what pray is it exactly? Extra ordinary? Exceptional? Brilliant? Didn't think so. So no, it was not a low quality remark.

You don't have to get all hyper. We Indians can admit that our Hockey team is ordinary. We can all testify to the fact that our football team is absolutely useless. So, why can't you admit the truth.

Bangladesh is new to tests, they'll remain ordinary for a while yet. However, with time, i'm sure you'll get better.

Well we never claim to be extra ordinary side nevertheless he probably has done some good for our team with this humaliting remark. Bowler performed out of vengence and result was visible on first day though batman could not done same to proof sehwag wrong.

Let see if Bd can take the full revenge on dhaka test. I wish mushraffe was around. ;)

Exactly. They kicked us out of the World Cup. I also remember them beating Australia once. Point is, they win ODI's sometimes. They never win tests. So logically they are a better ODI side than a test side.

Yes, they beat the Pak side in one WC, and then got the test playing side status. BCCI, PCB and SL board put their weight behind to get BD that seat. More so to gain one extra vote in ICC. Then they beat Aus and then US. Yes they are definitely improving as a ODI side ( they can do great as T20 side as that suits their style) but they are not as a test side.

They play test matches like ODI and T20 and gets out in 50 overs, thats the sad part. Players in BD, even after playing 50 test matches are repeating their mistake.

By the way, A tarantino fan huh? Excellent taste in movies sir!!

Not exactly, though KillBill is one of my fav movies. More because of long legs of Uma than anything else ;) . 5 out of 5 movie :smitten:

Well we never claim to be extra ordinary side nevertheless he probably has done some good for our team with this humaliting remark. Bowler performed out of vengence and result was visible on first day though batman could not done same to proof sehwag wrong.

Problem with temporary and false motivation is that, they dont stay long. The bowlers could not repeat their feat in the second innings. In first innings some balls were gem of the deliveries, esp the one that castled Dravid. In Second innings most of our batsmen got out playing aggressive shots.

Let see if Bd can take the full revenge on dhaka test. I wish mushraffe was around. ;)

I am missing him too. He could have added more teeth to the attack. Any idea if he would be available for Dhaka test?

P.S: - Jason Gillespie a fast bowler who played as a night watchman against Bangladesh scored 201. He was the highest scoring batsmen in that entire match which proves the ordinary tag for Bangladesh.

I mean who needs Ponting,Hayden,Gilchrist when Gillespie can score 201.

2nd Test: Bangladesh v Australia at Chittagong, Apr 16-20, 2006 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

Since you are so fond of posting facts,then how come you missed out the first match of the series in Fatullah.Where the Australians almost lost,but thanks to Ponting they survived the upset.Winning by 3 wickets,if I am correct.

Ponting had said something similar before the test,and he was stunned later on.

And as for the second test and Gillespis century.Do you remember Mcgrath scoring 50+ scores against England?

I can dig lot of records that will put Indian team to shame,but I won't do it.For,

1.I know teams can have very bad day once in a while.

2.I do not take everything seriously like you and start fighting over every thing.

3.I do not have such cheap mentality as yours.So I can not stoop so low.

We never claimed we were a very strong team.We are ordinary team,because we lack consistency.Not because we lack talent.Shewag's tone was disrespectful,and he got his result.

I was watching some Zee news,even the reporters was saying "If India wants to remain No.1,they need to respect everyone."

Good words.But it is beyond your level of understanding.

Keep posting whatever you find about Bangladesh cricket.Good luck with that.

Why? For what?

Forget Cricket. BD can't even compete to us in Kabaddi, Football etc.

Besides respect is something mutual. What kind of respect you get from BD?

How much you actually know about Bangladesh football history?
At the peak of our time,India and Bangladesh were evenly matched.Look back at SAFF championships and SAFF games.We defeated India a number of times.
Indian players used to come and play for local Dhaka clubs.Football in the nineties in Dhaka was like EPL.I remember one Indian player very popular at that time used to play for Abahani ltd.His name was Sabbir Pasha.

But as cricket slowly started to become popular after,football fell behind.Together with corruption of the officials,football's condition became so bad now we even lose to India under-23 side.

Yes respect is mutual.When your kind of people start bullying us,you not only spoil your country's name but also lose respect.

You too need to earn respect.

BD has never travelled India for tests. If they are like this at their own turf then what they will perform in India?

This is in complete violation of ICC rules.We even visited Australia twice.And by end of this year we will have visited all test playing nations twice.As per ICC rule.

Why do you have to worry about our performance?Was this first test a one sided contest?

If you think so,then you need to go back and learn cricket.

Look at BCCI.They did not arrange for a single tour.But no one can say anything.Its only money that BCCI is after.Since our visit will yield less money.
This is called disrespect and bullying.

I guess the only thing that has lead to so much hoopla about the remark is that Sehwag lacks the gift of garb. A person better at words and dare I say better educated like a Dravid or a Kumble would have used euphemisms like improving or fast progressing. Or they would have even paid a complement like they can't be taken lightly on their home turf.

Unfortunately, not our Sehwag. What he feels is what he says. He felt that they were not better than India so he said it.

Back
Top Bottom