What's new

Clashes in Kashmir Risk Taking India-Pakistan Back to Brink of Nuclear War

Since India has no tested capability of thermonuclear weapons (largest test yield was only about 20kt) the damage will be much more limited than a nuclear war between thermonuclear powers.

Strictly speaking

Thermonuclear weapon was tested
- Designed yield was 200kt but was artificially reduced to 45kt to reduce damage to nearby villages.

Since India has no tested capability of thermonuclear weapons (largest test yield was only about 20kt) the damage will be much more limited than a nuclear war between thermonuclear powers.
Wasn't Shakti I a thermonuclear bomb with 43kt yield?

Wasn't Shakti I a thermonuclear bomb with 43kt yield?

No, most experts agree it was closer to 20kt yield in the actual field test.

And either way, neither yield suggests thermonuclear tech. China/Russia/USA's first thermonuclear tests were all in the multiple megaton range.

Unless India somehow developed vastly superior miniaturization technology to the USA (for MIRV warheads) in their first test.

these are all dangerous concluions and allegations because a Pak if emboldened by such a belief actually tries to call India's bluff, and if they are wrong we are all in for big trouble. Again lets not be flippant about this.

these are all dangerous concluions and allegations because a Pak if emboldened by such a belief actually tries to call India's bluff, and if they are wrong we are all in for big trouble. Again lets not be flippant about this.

You're right nobody should be flippant about this, however it's a fact that India has not proven it has thermonuclear weapons through actual tests. Highest test yield was on par with the first ever fission bomb (Little Boy in Hiroshima).

Neither has Pakistan. However, it is often said that Pakistan's nuclear warheads were tested by China on their behalf, so it's possible that they have such tech considering we were one of the first to attain it in the 1960's (after US/Russia).

Thermonuclear weapons are on a different level of danger, if India/Pakistan were to fight a war with fission bombs then both might survive. Whereas with thermonuclear bombs it's unlikely there will be any kind of functioning state in either country.

Neither has Pakistan. However, it is often said that Pakistan's nuclear warheads were tested by China on their behalf, so it's possible that they have such tech considering we were one of the first to attain it in the 1960's (after US/Russia).

I am sure you were smiling while typing this.. A sinful grin !!!

Of how Indian forumers and especially Keyboard warriors will react to this and make this thread more enjoyable...

You are taking information warfare too much forward my good friend.. Dont scare them..

You're right nobody should be flippant about this, however it's a fact that India has not proven it has thermonuclear weapons through actual tests. Highest test yield was on par with the first ever fission bomb (Little Boy in Hiroshima).

Thermonuclear weapons are on a different level of danger, if India/Pakistan were to fight a war with fission bombs then both might survive. Whereas with thermonuclear bombs it's unlikely there will be any kind of functioning state in either country.
"It is often said" is not a definitive statement. Neither is it disproved that other countries (I mean Russia) has not helped India ( I strongly don't think that India;s nuke technology is indigenous). The only indigenous nuclear powers could be US and USSR (former) .
One should not play bluff with Nukes is my opinion. It is very irresponsible if countries do that.

TBH these type of threads at which OP is an expert are less informative and more of flame bait and chest thumping threads

Yes, every several months we get silly articles like this i.e. Pakistan v India, war, nuclear, Armageddon, limited exchange, bluff, no first use, we will use and insert anything you like.
I believe one senior analyst, who is Indian said it correctly, that India and Pakistan have fought their last war i.e. Kargil. Nuclear weapons actually mute the prospect of war.
When was the last time two sovereign countries, both declared war on each other and fought it out? It's coming up to 30 years now.
It's time for India and especially Pakistan to concentrate on roti, atta and kapra.

Last edited:
Yes, every several months we get silly articles like this i.e. Pakistan v India, war, nuclear, Armageddon, limited exchange, bluff, no first use, we will use and insert anything you like.
I believe one senior analyst, who is Indian said it correctly, that India and Pakistan have fought their last war i.e. Kargil. Nuclear weapons actually mute the prospect of war.
When was the last two sovereign countries, both declared war on each other and fought it out? It's coming up to 30 years now.
It's time for India and especially Pakistan to concentrate on roti, atta and kapra.
Well all i can say India + Pakistan + Nuclear = more attention and sells well

You are taking it too seriously....I mean their threat.

In any case, what will you do if Pakistan keep on threating us with nuclear war, you let them pick and choose the parts of land they want? You call their bluff, right?
it will always be a bluff.... i dont think pakistan is that suicidal or is it??

dont be that happy... if pakistan and india go nuclear... china will be toast too...

it will always be a bluff.... i dont think pakistan is that suicidal or is it??

The entire point of deterrence is that you are willing to use nuclear weapons.

If you aren't willing to use them, then there is no deterrence.

dont be that happy... if pakistan and india go nuclear... china will be toast too...

LOL India has the smallest nuclear arsenal among the 3 by far.

If China+Pakistan believes that India will use nukes, our only option is to hit first and take out India's much smaller nuclear arsenal before they can use them. And a single Chinese thermonuclear warhead is 4 megatons, i.e. four times the explosive power of India's entire arsenal contained in a single warhead.

If China+Pakistan believes that India will use nukes, our only option is to hit first and take out India's much smaller nuclear arsenal before they can use them. And a single Chinese thermonuclear warhead is 4 megatons, i.e. four times the explosive power of India's entire arsenal contained in a single warhead.
Oh brother! You misunderstood me.. I meant If India and Pakistan go nuclear it will have a very large effect on china like fall out and nuclear winter.. Not just china even whole Asia and Europe!

Please show show me which warhead of China has capibilty of
4 ton yeild

Russians have tested

50MT device which was actually designed for 100MT

Don't any such warhead can fit in missile's or I have seen in service

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom