What's new

CJP’s dams donation drive fails to woo overseas Pakistanis

I think the biggest problem is... Pakistanis will donate more if they have a proper website where they can just add their debit card details and make a payment online... Even paypal will help...

Most people have to go to embassies to donate and people in EU countries are too busy to go to Pakistani consulates

The website should be widely promoted on the Tv and social media so that everybody knows that all they gotta do is go to pakistandamfund.com etc... And donate

Simple as that

That in fact is a valid point. The payment procedure for overseas Pakistanis needs to be simplified and that is not a big ask.

All you need is ONE central official website where all the details are found. Don't complicate things.

Having said that the dam project is a huge success. Such a huge sum of money in just such a short amount of time is no joke. I think overseas Pakistanis will mobilize in coming days and weeks.

Last edited:
I know this but it is not as convenient as paying online.

The point is, every penny counts. When you go to the bank they will charge you £25 to £35 depending on the service you take in order to send money abroad.. and there are people around the world who may only want to donate £10 to £100 usd. This way they cannot contribute

The easiest way is to set up a website and ask everybody to donate directly.

Also I am sure so many non Pakistanis can also donate if it was as simple as that

If I am not wrong online donation was initiated on sbp or other government site but its not widely promoted as it should be. In my opinoon it should be dedicated website for single cause

IBAN given by Supreme Court of Pakistan is generating error. If you try to do bank-transfer it fails.

upload_2018-9-8_19-20-2.png

IBAN given by Supreme Court of Pakistan is generating error. If you try to do bank-transfer it fails.

View attachment 497347

Pay by credit card , it is tricky to pay with account info ... I had similar challenges while paying online using western companies

http://www.sbp.org.pk/ (State Bank of Pakistan's Site)

Click on Red link ~~~ and you can pay by Credit card 5 min payment just need your credit card info and you are done

I know this but it is not as convenient as paying online.

The point is, every penny counts. When you go to the bank they will charge you £25 to £35 depending on the service you take in order to send money abroad.. and there are people around the world who may only want to donate £10 to £100 usd. This way they cannot contribute

The easiest way is to set up a website and ask everybody to donate directly.

Also I am sure so many non Pakistanis can also donate if it was as simple as that

If I am not wrong online donation was initiated on sbp or other government site but its not widely promoted as it should be. In my opinoon it should be dedicated website for single cause

State Bank already had a Website , Official Government site and it has a payment collection page setup

Click on red link on main page
http://www.sbp.org.pk/

I checked the records your name appears on the official donar list after 4-5 days for international donars they also had a separate list

Pay by credit card , it is tricky to pay with account info ... I had similar challenges while paying online using western companies

http://www.sbp.org.pk/ (State Bank of Pakistan's Site)

Click on Red link ~~~ and you can pay by Credit card 5 min payment just need your credit card info and you are done

State Bank already had a Website , Official Government site and it has a payment collection page setup

Click on red link on main page
http://www.sbp.org.pk/

I checked the records your name appears on the official donar list after 4-5 days for international donars they also had a separate list

Someone on Facebook just told me about transfer of money that all money senders like Western Union or Paypal keep USD with them and only transfer rupees back in Pakistan. Thus when you send money through these serves, you do not increase Pakistan's foreign account reserves.

IK's request is a two part request, 1 send money for dams and 2nd increase foreign reserves of Pakistan. So when we send remittances / donations, they should reach in USD.

I personally tried to use Western Union as discussed on DAM fund page in economy section , and personally I found their system very difficult for Paksitani people

a) They don't recognize "State Bank of Pakistan" in list of Banks you can send cash to
b) They did not recognize Supreme court of Pakistan Address
c) They could not allow me to send funds because I kept seeing errors

So luckily I found direct link to State Bank of Pakistan Link

Went on State Bank of Pakistan Link and took me 5 minutes to send money

It didn't fail but due to lack of proper mechanism. I tried transferring funds several times using IBAN provided but it didn't work. I only transferred money today using online system just recently started by Government. You will see lot of funds pouring in over next month now that proper mechanism has been established.

Alot also has to do with Educating the Overseas Pakistanis on fastest means to help
I found the state bank's site by coincidence

SIMPLE WAY
I thought the state bank of Pakistan's Website was the simplest - fastest mode of funds deposit
http://www.sbp.org.pk/ (State Bank of Pakistan's Site + Payment Link) :yahoo: this is 10/10

The avenues like Paypal/Western Union etc are all messed up slow , disrespectful and full or errors. I initially reached out to Habib bank international branch but they did not had any info on this initiative (their international location branch). All of these companies are foreign companies

BANK WAY OLD FASHIONED WAY
IBANFORMAT.png

Bank: State Bank of Pakistan
Account Name: DIAMER BASHA AND MOHMAND DAM FUND-2018
Account No: 03-593-299999-001-4
IBAN: PK06SBPP003593299999014 <------This is correct

SBPP = SWIFT CODE is correct as well
swiftcode.png

Alternative List for Other Banks which operate donation collection for DAM
38 Banks in Pakistan with their IBAN number as well

http://www.sbp.org.pk/notifications/FD/DamFund/Detail-1.pdf

Last edited:
Years and years of abusing overseas Pakistanis.

Emptying savings account and international development funds and loans on stupid ideas and/or stealing the money.

Now its come to the PM of a country begging live on air for just the water.

Time to self reflect and understand why you are in this position.

So you donate, but how do you know your money is going to the dam instead of being spent by corrupt politicians or used in some debt-bailout scheme?

I sent money through western union online directly to the bhasha dam account .
I know many people are doing the same way.

So you donate, but how do you know your money is going to the dam instead of being spent by corrupt politicians or used in some debt-bailout scheme?

The account is directly monitored by Chief Justice Pakistan. This is precisely why, only ONE bank account has been opened for the donations.

P.S atleast 20% of required money will be collected through donations over the period of 7 years while remaining 80% will be funded by the Govt through annual budgets. Dam construction to be started after winters i.e in 2019 spring.

Also many OSPs are first sending money directly to their Pakistani accounts and from there, they are transfering money to the SC dam account. So the source is being displayed as local while infact the original source was from outside Pakistan. My one relative did same from Scotland and I am sure same is being done by most of the Pakistanis. If this is happening than you are not sure about the actual source of origin although it will more be qualified as foreign remittance when any international transaction directly lands into any Pakistani account.

I see a lot of people making noise about donations for Dams... Some good some bad.... i believe another solution can be to ask people to invest in the dams.... like a business where an investor gets some benefit out of it as well. A person might say that if they invest 100,000 pkr they will get some type of return on investment (like national savings etc.) . if we go to an international bank we have to pay back on interest, why not use the same technique for our people and pay them back. The dam will pay back to the people with earning so it can be a profitable venture.......

Back
Top Bottom