What's new

CIVIL WAR HAS STARTED AGAIN !

Amardesh editor mahmudur rahman had instructions from BNP hierarchy for this counter assault.

Mahmudur Rahman writes from his own honest and true nationalist conviction. Most media influenced by corporate interest which often connected to political party directly. But Amardesh as an exception, writes free from corporate and political influence and publishes news as is on national interest.

It’s obvious, large section (if not all) nationalist and Muslim majority population sees reflection of their sufferings and their voice in Daily Amardesh. That DOES NOT mean Daily AMardesh is a party mouth piece or dictated by party stand. In fact Mahmudur Rahman being a nationalist showed how critical he is on BNP policy and standing. So, NO; Mahmudur Rahman or Amardesh does not take instruction from BNP or any party for that matter.

So you are a conspiracy theorist now?:lol:...please get off your fantasy lala land.

I think you already know about the backdoor connections between BAL and BNP leaders. :azn:

So, NO; Mahmudur Rahman or Amardesh does not take instruction from BNP or any party for that matter.

:rofl:

Ah, good old idune. Its really good to see his posts again.

Lol. Chill! BD is not heading towards any civil war of any sort.

By the way, how's life in UK? I think the situation is ripe for a war between the Islamophobic racists vs religious fanatics in UK. You might wanna focus a bit on that and leave BD in our hands. =)

Anjem Choudhary got him!

I think you already know about the backdoor connections between BAL and BNP leaders. :azn:

Khaleda's sons cannot enter Bangladesh. Her one nephew has been convicted for tax evasion falsely and the other have been harassed for grenade attack even though prosecution failed to prove anything. Most of their leaders have to go to court for at least ones a month. Their wip was beaten in broad day light and fakhrul arrested. BNP will return the favor.

Aren't you guys worried a bit about civil war really starting in Bangladesh? after all, there are many Bangladeshis living in India.
Worried, Yup. After all it may increase people coming to India as refugees.

First of all i am really surprised to see that a street protest in BD will decide the fate of some criminals...I am not sure how come sane posters like Hammer First and couple of other guys are in support of this move.

I support the Shahbagh protests more for the fact that it represents a clear rejection of Jamati ideology by the people of Bangladesh. The cricket team, the main Imam (who leads an Eid prayer of 0.4 million worshippers), ex-army officers, artists, actors (even Bipasha Hayat) have all gone to Shahbagh to protest against Jamatis.

images

Bipasha Hayat.

46922_471280429591814_2080094948_n.jpg

Bangladesh cricket team at Shahbagh.

31_Shahbagh+protest_110213.jpg

This is more about war criminals this is about our identity as a nation. I don't support everything about Shahbagh e.g. Islamic funeral for an atheist self-declared Islam-hater. I have reservations about the following.

1. The way the trial has been conducted. As @RiasatKhan has said even if we knew and saw that certain rezakars murdered, we have to prove it in court. This is how the world works.

2. The Awami League government are definitely doing a lot of things for their own political benefit.

However I and Bangladeshis as a people as a nation hate Jamatis (the ones on this forum are just supporters or sympathizers of a party that got less than 5% of votes in the election). You have to be a Bangladeshi to know how the whole nation hates Jamatis and this includes people with white beards and Hajjis.

So my support for Shahbagh is primarily because it says no to Jamat (and their foreign backers) and affirms a free and independent Bangladesh.

Here is my observation.

1- Rule of law of the court should be held as final deciding factor in your constitution. Do not change the rule of law just execute your political opponents.

True.

2- The people who are protesting in Shabang should realize that if people donot like JI then exercise your ballot and donot vote for JI and the parties who are allied with JI...With this process, JI will die its natural death..You donot need to forcefull invoke a certain sentiments just because it does not suit you..

Imagine Germans went outside Brandenburg gate in Berlin to democratically express their right to protest for the closure of an extremist Nazi party which fundamentally goes against their ideals as a nation.

3- This will be politically suicidal move if AL bans JI...Because of this move, the perceptional loss in the mind of the people for AL will be more than the loss for JI with the ban imposed on it..See...it might happen that after the ban JI will change the name and just raise another political outfit with the same ideology...So with the ban ....name of JI will be banned but the ideology will get a lot of media attention which will increase its popularity.A classic example can be taken about Lal Masjid episode in Pakistan...

Bangladesh is not Pakistan. I do not want to offend Pakistanis by elaborating on why, but there are some very fundamental cultural, social, political and other differences. If anything the BNP cannot be seen to support JI too heavily and is already behaving in a way that creates some distance between them and JI. You have to be Bangladeshi and to understand our hatred of Jamatis and rezakars.

Go to all the other Bangladeshi forums.

- Bangla cricket
- Bdmilitary
- Skyscraper Bangladesh

Everyone hates Jamatis (except in Bangla cricket where you have a small minority of polite Jamati supporters, one or two).

4- With the ban...JI will potray itself as a political martyr rather than the criminal convict itself...

People lost their loved ones. In the Kader Molla case there is an incident where he is said to have gone to a village and massacred under 400 people in one go. The whole of Bangladesh knows who and what Jamatis are, which is why they have so little support. Banning JI (if it becomes permanent) will leave Hasina in the history books for ever...and this is me, someone who says the Awami League is violent, Hasina is corrupt etc.

5- Of course it will be altogether a different issue, if there is an internal understanding between JI and AL where in reality nothing as such ban will happen, but due to this media publicity against JI, AL in turn doing a favor to JI at this point of time, which AL can ask for a return favor from JI in the coming election...In politics....nothing seems to be impossible.

This forum features a way disproportionately high number of Jamatis/Jamati sympathizers and does not reflect the reality of Bangladeshi society. We as a people hate Jamatis and rezakars and I even make du'a to Allah to ban the party. Unless you mix with real Bangladeshis you will never know what we feel about Jamatis and rezakars. However just to give you a sample, check out this video:

@KRAIT @LaBong @KS @Joe_Shearer @Contrarian

Last edited by a moderator:
Jamaat attacks AL office

Staff Correspondent, bdnews24.com

Published: 18 February 2013 09:18 PM Updated: 18 February 2013 09:51 PM

The activists of Jamaat-e-Islami and its student affiliate Islami Chhatra Shibir on Monday attacked an office of the Awami League in Rajshahi City, police said.

The assailants also fired from the guns, injuring three during the attack carried out at around 7:45pm at Binodpur near Rajhshahi University.

One of those injured is General Secretary of Awami League’s Ward 30 unit Shahidul Islam Shahid, said police. The two others are – ‘Ratun’ 25 and Faizar, 20.

Police said both of the injured were also activists of the ruling party.

In retaliation, the activists of the ruling party attacked three dormitories of Shibir activists in the area around 8.15pm, prompting the Shibir activists to throw a hand-made bomb targeting police vehicles.

Police fired tear gas and rubber bullets to control the situation.

Matihar Police Station Officer-in-Charge Abdus Sobhan told bdnews24.com the sudden attack continued for some 15 minutes.

Locals and police chased them away later, the OC said.

Sobhan said they also vandalised the portraits of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina before setting two motorcycles ablaze there.

He said Islam was being treated at Rajshahi Medical College Hospital.

Jamaat has been demanding release of their top leaders standing trials at the war crimes tribunals and abolishment of the those tribunals.

The attack was made as soon as the country-wide shutdown ended.

:enjoy:Jamaat using guerrilla warfare

Jamaat attacks AL office

Staff Correspondent, bdnews24.com

Published: 18 February 2013 09:18 PM Updated: 18 February 2013 09:51 PM

The activists of Jamaat-e-Islami and its student affiliate Islami Chhatra Shibir on Monday attacked an office of the Awami League in Rajshahi City, police said.

The assailants also fired from the guns, injuring three during the attack carried out at around 7:45pm at Binodpur near Rajhshahi University.

One of those injured is General Secretary of Awami League’s Ward 30 unit Shahidul Islam Shahid, said police. The two others are – ‘Ratun’ 25 and Faizar, 20.

Police said both of the injured were also activists of the ruling party.

In retaliation, the activists of the ruling party attacked three dormitories of Shibir activists in the area around 8.15pm, prompting the Shibir activists to throw a hand-made bomb targeting police vehicles.

Police fired tear gas and rubber bullets to control the situation.

Matihar Police Station Officer-in-Charge Abdus Sobhan told bdnews24.com the sudden attack continued for some 15 minutes.

Locals and police chased them away later, the OC said.

Sobhan said they also vandalised the portraits of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina before setting two motorcycles ablaze there.

He said Islam was being treated at Rajshahi Medical College Hospital.

Jamaat has been demanding release of their top leaders standing trials at the war crimes tribunals and abolishment of the those tribunals.

The attack was made as soon as the country-wide shutdown ended.

:enjoy:Jamaat using guerrilla warfare

That's what u call guerrilla warfare??Well then BD has been in war since it was born!

Back
Top Bottom