What's new

Christian dad, daughters Fled Pakistan for Canada after he was tortured for beliefs

secularguy

BANNED
Reaction score
Friday, March 19, 2010

A tearful Daniel Dhani Ram said he fled here from Pakistan with his two daughters after Muslim extremists abducted and tortured him for 10-hours because he refused to convert to Islam.

Dhani Ram, 67, with Sharoon, 32, and Tehseen, 30, were allowed to stay in Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds after a lengthy battle with immigration authorities.

They arrived as visitors in 2004 and filed failed refugee claims. They were here illegally for 18 months before being allowed to stay on appeal last month.

“I would rather die than go back to Pakistan,” Ram said at his lawyer’s downtown office on Thursday. “I know I will be killed and my daughters harmed if we went back.”

Ram said he was abducted by Muslim extremists in 2004 and tortured for 10 hours during which time he refused to convert to Islam. He was released after a ransom was paid.

“My father was kidnapped, tortured and beaten,” Tehseen sobbed. “They beat him all over his body for hours at a time and he was in bad shape.”

Tehseen said earlier two men tried but failed to abduct her and Sharoon as they were walking home from school.

“We both started screaming and the men ran off,” she said. “It was very painful and my sister still suffers from that.”

Rev. Majed El Shafie, of One Free World International rights group, said if the Daniels’ family was deported they will have quite likely been met at the airport in Pakistan by extremists and killed.

“These cases are the tip of the iceberg,” El Shafie said. “Christians are regularly targeted by Muslim extremists and put into slave camps in Pakistan to make bricks.”

Lawyer Chantal Desloges said the family will become permanent immigrants once they pass medical and health checks.

“It would have been impossible for this family to go back unharmed,” Desloges said. “The situation against Christians there is getting worse but is not as bad as before.”

Rev. Stephen Long, of Airport Christian Fellowship, said Christians are regularly victimized in Pakistan.

“Christians are treated like dogs in Pakistan,” Long said. “This sort of incident is very common.”

tom.godfrey@sunmedia.ca

Source:
Christian dad, daughters get asylum | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

Last edited:
It is a shame that radical people are doing this and defaming pakistan's name in the world.

At the time of Pakistan became independent the number of Hindus was 20% of population which is now under 3%. These figures reflects truth about the treatment of minorities.

At the time of Pakistan became independent the number of Hindus was 20% of population which is now under 3%. These figures reflects truth about the treatment of minorities.

Please see this post on the allegation of 'ethnic cleansing':

The largest concentration of minorities in the territories that comprised Pakistan in 1947 was in East Pakistan, which is no longer part of Pakistan.

Secondly, there was a migration of millions of non-Muslims out of Pakistan into India, and a migration of millions of Muslims into Pakistan from India during partition - the two combined would quite obviously have had an impact on the demographics of Pakistan, though not as large an impact on the demographics of India given its much larger population.

And in general there has been small scale migration of Indian Muslims to Pakistan and non-Muslims to India all these years as well.

So what you would have to do to justify the claim of 'ethnic cleansing' is to show us what the proportion of non-Muslims was after the cross-border migrations in West Pakistan, and then compare that with the proportion of non-Muslims in Pakistan today - and don't forget to take into account birth rates of the Muslim and non-Muslim populations when doing that comparison.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/strate...-pakistan-hoodwinking-india-2.html#post739266

People don't forget these radicals kill more muslims than non-muslims.

So People should find another thing for mud slinging on Pakistan.

People don't forget these radicals kill more muslims than non-muslims.

So People should find another thing for mud slinging on Pakistan.

I agree with your first part

"People don't forget these radicals kill more Muslims than non-muslims."

There has been a research and the results shows that in all the Jehadi attacks all over the world about 90% of their victim was Muslims.

To kill 1 Non Muslim they so called "Muslim Jehadi" kills 9 Muslims.

Even in Mumbai attack 26/11

The 150 people have died including 22 foreigners.

Out of this 40 was Muslims, + 9 terriorist

it's too sad, whether it was the christians or muslims or anyone else getting killed in the name of religion. im in uk and i have christian, hindu, muslims friends and neighbours and we get along perfectly fine. EDUCATION is the key. these extremists are illiterate, i bet they've never read the Quran in their lives, some one told them something and they said ok yeah. Most of us have read The Quran but we don't understand what it's trying to teach us, most of us don't understand Arabic and we never bother to read & understand the translations. I've seen people boast bout how many times they've read The Quran, but do they truly follow it? Doubt it. Religion is not the problem here. The Quran doesn't teach all this, what can you expect from a person who's illiterate, uneducated, jobless and sits around all day with nothing to do? this ofcourse.

and why the hell do they care if someone's christian or muslim, they won't get more sawab for torturing people to come to Islam. Just become a good person first and if you really want to spread your religion, then invite people nicely, and then express your views like Zakir Naik and Israr Ahmed &many others do; and if they say no, then just leave them alone, that's it, but if asked nicely people would probably have a listen to you because of being respectful and kind. Again, lack of Education and Common sense is the cause of this; if people just mind their own business & just be nice humans & good Muslims, it'd be much better. Because of these culprits, all Muslims & Pakistanis get a bad name, it's just wrong.

dude you think this is a story ?? read some of the other asylum seeker stories and u will be astonished !! some people will go to many length to just get a visa , thats why British and USA embassies dont give many student visa to ethnic minorities of Pakistan , India, Bangladesh , because most of them come here and make stories and claim Asylum live in a luxury house of benefits from host Govs . A recent investigation by a Home office body found that 89.2% of these cases are bogus and are made up for just the sake of personal gains in the host country ! as you all might know to claim Asylum one has to proof that he faces is eminent Death threat in his country .

dude you think this is a story ?? read some of the other asylum seeker stories and u will be astonished !! some people will go to many length to just get a visa , thats why British and USA embassies dont give many student visa to ethnic minorities of Pakistan , India, Bangladesh , because most of them come here and make stories and claim Asylum live in a luxury house of benefits from host Govs . A recent investigation by a Home office body found that 89.2% of these cases are bogus and are made up for just the sake of personal gains in the host country ! as you all might know to claim Asylum one has to proof that he faces is eminent Death threat in his country .

Partly true but there have been numerous cases where minorities have fled Pakistan because of religious intolerance. It is also well known that minorities have to pay a special tax called "dimmi" under sharia law. I also read a report where poor Hindus have to wear red turbans so they can be identified easily so people with the Taliban type mindset can easily pick on them.

Hence what you claim may not be correct at all!!!

Guys, people want foreign visa/citizenship. I have seen them exaggerating stories to the highest order before. Like this guy here, saying he will be abducted at the airport, that's exactly what I am talking about.

Guys, people want foreign visa/citizenship. I have seen them exaggerating stories to the highest order before. Like this guy here, saying he will be abducted at the airport, that's exactly what I am talking about.
so are you 100% sure this guy only did for a visa?

It is also well known that minorities have to pay a special tax called "dimmi" under sharia law.

WHere are you getting this from? This is a rumour, never shown to be true. It's simply not the case. Look at it this way. If it was true, wouldn't the whole world's media be talking about considering how they refer to Pakistan.

I also read a report where poor Hindus have to wear red turbans so they can be identified easily so people with the Taliban type mindset can easily pick on them.

And again, same as above. 1 or 2 reports mean very little. If it's true, it will be more clearly known.

so are you 100% sure this guy only did for a visa?

Given what the OP has underlined in blue and red, I would say it's nearly certain that's why he did that. He is from a different religion so he can use that as leverage. Like seriously, being picked up at the airport, that's a straight sign of BS if you think about it seriously.

Last edited:
Some time back some guys got visa as they made excuse that they are Gay and their people will kill them so give us visa , such stories sells for getting visa and Lawers write them.

lol Last time I checked all people in Pakistan take pride to send their Muslim kids to Christian run schools :P

I don't buy this lol

Christian shools are part of education system in Pakistan and also hospitals etc

I think someone needs to apply for proper immigration and properly immigrate based on credentials

Back
Top Bottom