What's new

chinese withdrawal

Basically, India said we went 20 km into Indian territory for several weeks.

We then came to an agreement on slowing the border infrastructure, and now both sides have withdrawn from the DBO area.

I will correct ou one last time.. after that u can go on with the same tune..

The area of contention was raki nala area which falls on it's way to DBO airstrip. Acc to PLA IA built some structures in RAKI NALA area and it was allaeged that they can monitor chinese troop patrols from there.. that structure will be pulled off in most certainity. It doesn't mean IA is withdrawing from DBO area ( the DBO sector is more than 750 sq kms )

So, if it is Indian territory, why did Indian troops leave?

If the news is honest and true in reporting, then one would understand that the Chinese left because they had intruded. But why did the Indian troops leave, when they are already within their own territory?

India leaving means that the face off is no longer there... Chinese removed their five tents and we removed our twelve tents.... Chinese soldiers went back to their previous position and India soldiers returned to their base....

Indian soldiers have not left the place... they have just moved away from the site that is it...

@Secur, the Indian media is highly hawkish and literally took the GOI to the cleaners over this, do you think they'll allow them to compromise on anything important other than a rather mundane bunker? - that is if they even did it for arguments sake. See, the chinese have aired their grievances - what India has told them is first go back to the status quo and let's discuss about your problem and see if we can find a solution.

I know about the Indian media making a mountain out of molehill but of course the media doesn't make the policies or decide when or where to make compromises . The bunker was one of the demands that the Chinese made , I do not know what has been done to make them withdraw but the most probable scenario is that some conditions were met .

The Chinese could have aired their grievances over a flag meeting also yet they chose this path didn't they ? That is possible too what you are stating .

Last edited by a moderator:
China got what it wanted

Yes a nice kick in their backs :cheers:

In time they will also get S.tibet and parts of ladakh. :coffee:

This time they only got kick and diplomatic exchanges, Come next time with the same motives , they will get what they deserve.

From now on India will increase its force levels in the Himalayas and will also make our economy a strong one.

One question

Don't you think it is pathetic to cheerlead even after your employer is lost and went back. :omghaha:

Good submission. But the question is why ? Why the need to escalate tension by protest when it could have been done diplomatically? Do you believe that China wants to send a message to India ?

Well, both countries agree that India was the one who first set up fixed posts on the LAC.

So we set up camps in the disputed region as a counter.

Now we have an agreement on the fixed posts, so both sides withdrew from the disputed zone.

The only concern was that the Indian media started going into over-drive mode, saying that "Chinese soldiers have come 20 km into Indian territory".

Whereas the International media and the Chinese media have largely ignored it. Can you imagine what would happen if the Chinese media said "Indian soldiers are 20 km into Chinese territory" every time there was a difference in perception of the LAC? That would be asking for a war, which is irresponsible given the fact that the border is not demarcated.

We then came to an agreement on slowing the border infrastructure, and now both sides have withdrawn from the DBO area.

If thats true, China more or less got what it wanted & DBO would now be, at least in the present, a non-militarized or very minimally militarized area & that the Indian efforts to improve the infrastructure in those areas to counter the efficient & ever improving infrastructure on the Chinese side & thereby countering almost certain quick Chinese mobilization by an equally quick mobilization seems to have been put on hold !

Damn, I'd never want a skirmish between India & China, never mind a war, but this doesn't seem like an Indian victory at all except that its good that no-one lost their lives...that bit is always good !

I know about the Indian media making a mountain out of molehill but of course the media doesn't make the policies or decide when or where to make compromises . The bunker was one of the demands that the Chinese made , I do not know what has been done to make them withdraw but the most probable scenario is that some conditions were met .

The Chinese could have aired their grievances over a flag meeting also yet they chose this path didn't they ? That is possible too what you are stating .

With respect Sir, you are being way too presumptious without any facts supporting you

We got what we wanted..a status quo.........you can say anything which make you comfortable and feel better :D

I do believe Chinese wouldn't have gone back without something in return.... Because if it were then Indian news channels would have reported... No body is talking ab out the deal... The million dollor question is what was the deal that was struck ???

I do believe Chinese wouldn't have gone back without something in return.... Because if it were then Indian news channels would have reported... No body is talking ab out the deal... The million dollor question is what was the deal that was struck ???
China arm-twisted the Indians into giving up their outpost at Chumar. Now the Indians are so humiliated because they realized how badly GOI capitulated to PLA superiority.

For about 15 minutes they really thought they were a shupa-powa :lol:

Quid pro quo behind India-China de-escalation? - The Times of India

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom