What's new

chinese withdrawal

Exactly ! And thank you for your concession. Until then, can we also not concede that Indian fanboys on this forum maybe justified in popping the champagne corks ? :D
Yeah, if you think capitulation to the demands China made on day one is worthy of celebration. But I guess for third-worlders there's no much else to celebrate other than submission to a powerful PLA to avoid getting smashed into pieces :rofl:

Quid pro quo behind India-China de-escalation? - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: It seems there was some sort of "a quid pro quo" behind the mutual withdrawal of Indian and Chinese troops from the 16,300-feet face-off site in the Depsang Bulge area of northern Ladakh on Sunday evening.

With India furiously working the diplomatic channels ahead of foreign minister Salman Khurshid's visit to Beijing on May 9, in preparation for Chinese premier Li Keqiang's trip to India on May 20, two back-to-back flag meetings were held between local commanders at Spanggur Gap area between Daulat Beg Oldi and Chushul sectors on Saturday and Sunday afternoons.

By 7.30pm on Sunday, the two forces - with 30 to 40 troops each - had begun to withdraw from the 20-day-old standoff site along the Raki Nala, which India perceives to be 19-km inside Indian territory, after a handshake between the two local commanders at the fifth flag meeting held earlier in the day.

Though there was no immediate official word on what were the exact terms of disengagement but sources said "there was some give-and-take" to resolve the face-off. "There had to be some face-saver for the Chinese," said a source.

China, since the very beginning and through the first three flag meetings on April 18, 23 and 30, had remained adamant that India should dismantle its forward observation post at Chumar in eastern Ladakh since it overlooks Chinese highways and can detect any troop movement there.

India, in turn, was demanding that the over 32 Chinese troops, who had pitched tents at the face-off site and were getting their supplies through regular vehicular support, should return to their pre-April 15 positions. India was worried about the deep Chinese intrusion in the Depsang Bulge area, a table-top plateau, since it threatened to cut its access to around 750 sqkm area in the region.

The face-off site was just about 40-km south of the strategic Karakoram Pass, which is at the tri-junction of China-Pakistan-India borders, and overlooks the Siachen Glacier-Saltoro Ridge to the west and the Indian observation post in the Chumar sector to the east.

Though already angry with India's re-activation of advanced landing grounds at Daulat Beg Oldi, Fukche and Nyoma and building of other infrastructure along the LAC over the last four-five years, China had made the dismantling of the Chumar post as a pre-condition for de-escalation.

The Chinese, in fact, had earlier even tried to "immobilize" the surveillance cameras positioned at the Chumar post by cutting wires there. In June last year, Indian troops had intercepted two Chinese personnel on mules across the Chumar post. Though they were subsequently let off, with language being a barrier, China got hugely irritated about the incident. Holding that the two Chinese were from its revenue department, Beijing since then has been pressing hard for the Chumar post to be dismantled.

But you started your protest some 20 years after India started its incursion into the disputed area ?? Don't you believe that India held the moral high ground against you given that you laid back for some 20 odd years and did nothing about Indian bunker construction in a disputed area with you ?

If India held the moral high ground then they wouldn't have withdrawn.

Both sides withdrawing is an admission by both sides that DBO is disputed territory, not "20 km into pure Indian territory" as the Indian side was originally claiming.

You are welcome :D

For resolution of the stand off , yes .

As someone said, we are a status quo power, so I don't think the facesaver was too significant a concession to begin with. :D - if it was that is.

Your past history with the Chinese .

ic .. and as per your memory how much of the disputed land pre 1962 are under them ?

Reality is you have no clue.. U can be happy on the basis of some presumed giveaways.. But we know for a fact that those indian permanent bunkers were surely not pulled off before PLA withdrew.. !

I can understand chinese being happy.... But i still cant understand why pakistani friends are happy..... was this 15 km supposed to be handed over to pak as a gift?

They are happy for the Chinese.

Both sides withdrawing is an admission by both sides that DBO is disputed territory, not "20 km into pure Indian territory" as the Indian side was originally claiming.

Tell me why you came and went??

Don't you see some problem with your military here ??

Good submission. But the question which needs to be answered is whether the Indian bunkers which was the initial cause of the PLA's concern are being dismantled ? My suggestion is that they aren't since the Indian army and the PLA haven't made any announcement on that issue . Your reply will be ?

Yeah, if you think capitulation to the demands China made on day one is worthy of celebration. But I guess for third-worlders there's no much else to celebrate other than submission to a powerful PLA to avoid getting smashed into pieces :rofl:

You are embarassing yourself with your stupidity. I don't believe that you are Chinese. Perhaps this forum isn't strict on false flaggers or perhaps its mods are just too preoccupied with other matters. Either way , you are making a mockery of this forum

You are embarassing yourself with your stupidity. I don't believe that you are Chinese. Perhaps this forum isn't strict on false flaggers or perhaps its mods are just too preoccupied with other matters. Either way , you are making a mockery of this forum
Kiss your Chumar outpost good-bye. Your GOI capitulated to Chinese demands to get the PLA to withdraw and here you clowns are pretending to be a shupa-powa :lol:

r-WALL-OF-SHAME-large570.jpg

What happened? Can anyone summarize please? Thanks

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom