What's new

chinese withdrawal

With respect Sir, you are being way too presumptious without any facts supporting you

Somehow I am , yeah :D The initial reports say nothing of that sort , but things will become clearer in a couple of days .

This debate is futile at the moment .

Well, both countries agree that India was the one who first set up fixed posts on the LAC.

So we set up camps in the disputed region as a counter.

Now we have an agreement on the fixed posts, so both sides withdrew from the disputed zone.

The only concern was that the Indian media started going into over-drive mode, saying that "Chinese soldiers have come 20 km into Indian territory".

Whereas the International media and the Chinese media have largely ignored it. Can you imagine what would happen if the Chinese media said "Indian soldiers are 20 km into Chinese territory" every time there was a difference in perception of the LAC? That would be asking for a war, which is irresponsible given the fact that the border is not demarcated.

Good that you concede that the border is not demarcated. Now do you agree with me that the PLA's incursion was irresponsible in terms of the Geneva Code on disputed areas ?

If thats true, China more or less got what it wanted & DBO would now be, at least in the present, a non-militarized or very minimally militarized area & that the Indian efforts to improve the infrastructure in those areas to counter the efficient & ever improving infrastructure on the Chinese side & thereby countering almost certain quick Chinese mobilization by an equally quick mobilization seems to have been put on hold !

Damn, I'd never want a skirmish between India & China, never mind a war, but this doesn't seem like an Indian victory at all except that its good that no-one lost their lives...that bit is always good !

At the moment both sides got what they wanted.

Not a bad outcome at all. The rest is just forum arguments. :wave:

Good that you concede that the border is not demarcated. Now do you agree with me that the PLA's incursion was irresponsible in terms of the Geneva Code on disputed areas ?

No, I don't think it was irresponsible at all. We just did the mirror image of what India did, except we used tents in the disputed region while India set up fixed-posts (bunkers) in the disputed region.

We never crossed the LAC, it was all disputed territory. The issue was that we had a tacit agreement not to set up fixed posts in the disputed region, and now that issue has been solved.

People here are really into this sh@tty politics and if you are an emotional person then it becomes unhealthy

If thats true, China more or less got what it wanted & DBO would now be, at least in the present, a non-militarized or very minimally militarized area & that the Indian efforts to improve the infrastructure in those areas to counter the efficient & ever improving infrastructure on the Chinese side & thereby countering almost certain quick Chinese mobilization by an equally quick mobilization seems to have been put on hold !

Damn, I'd never want a skirmish between India & China, never mind a war, but this doesn't seem like an Indian victory at all except that its good that no-one lost their lives...that bit is always good !

thats incomplete....India has just decided to go slow with construction of some bunkers...However, India did not agree to stop modernisation of Daulat Beg Oldi and Nayoma airfields in Ladakh, which according to China poses a strategic threat to Karakoram Highway.......also India did not agree to stop construction of some roads near by that border.....this is the whole story.

Somehow I am , yeah :D The initial reports say nothing of that sort , but things will become clearer in a couple of days .

This debate is futile at the moment .

Exactly ! And thank you for your concession. Until then, can we also not concede that Indian fanboys on this forum maybe justified in popping the champagne corks ? :D

Good submission. But the question is why ? Why the need to escalate tension by protest when it could have been done diplomatically? Do you believe that China wants to send a message to India ?

apparently indian didnt listen or didnt understand it, so chinese had taken an action which indian more easily understand...

Chinese are trying save their face by saying that India also went back.....why the hell we will stand at that sight if chinese are not there.... we can watch that sight from our post....

WOW, the Chinese and Pakistani members are happy about some assumed concessions that India might have gven to China without having a clue of what it was or whether it was actually given in the first place :D

I don't have a problem with that, now you guys can happily stop second guessing and have a good nite's sleep.

thats wrong....India has just decided to go slow with construction of some bunkers...However, India did not agree to stop modernisation of Daulat Beg Oldi and Nayoma airfields in Ladakh, which according to China poses a strategic threat to Karakoram Highway.......also India did not agree to stop construction of some roads near by that border.....this is the whole story.

it is like satisfying a cry baby....ok ok we will go slow...dont cry now ..ok....:omghaha:

:

No, I don't think it was irresponsible at all. We just did the mirror image of what India did, except we used tents in the disputed region while India set up fixed-posts (bunkers) in the disputed region.

We never crossed the LAC, it was all disputed territory. The issue was that we had a tacit agreement not to set up fixed posts in the disputed region, and now that issue has been solved.

But you started your protest some 20 years after India started its incursion into the disputed area ?? Don't you believe that India held the moral high ground against you given that you laid back for some 20 odd years and did nothing about Indian bunker construction in a disputed area with you ?

WOW, the Chinese and Pakistani members are happy about some assumed concessions that India might have gven to China without having a clue of what it was or whether it was actually given in the first place :D

I don't have a problem with that, now you guys can happily stop second guessing and have a good nite's sleep.

I can understand chinese being happy.... But i still cant understand why pakistani friends are happy..... was this 15 km supposed to be handed over to pak as a gift?

They want good sleep anyway:sleep:

Exactly ! And thank you for your concession. Until then, can we also not concede that Indian fanboys on this forum maybe justified in popping the champagne corks ? :D

You are welcome :D

For resolution of the stand off , yes .

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom