What's new

Chinese Weapon Exports

Any news on any deals with Egypt? as usual the Egyptian Armed Forces is shtuum about any cooperation with China.

Any news on any deals with Egypt? as usual the Egyptian Armed Forces is shtuum about any cooperation with China.
:(No,we haven't have cooperation with Egypt for several years.
I have heard that CSSC are helping Egypt with new shipyard, but is this program continue after your government changed?
It is said that the end point of the program is to make Egypt have the ability for 1,000 ton levels of combat ships, but there is also news about Egypt building Gowind locally, so these two news make me a little confused.

That's unusual. The latest I've heard was that there was cooperation with the Chinese side to develop the naval shipyard in Alexandria. Plus deals for vehicles similar to the US Avenger system, and the upgrade of surface to air missiles (which has been confirmed). It would seem odd considering the partnership with the K-8 and ASN-209 programs, and rumors about procuring or even producing the JF-17/FC-1.

I have heard that CSSC are helping Egypt with new shipyard, but is this program continue after your government changed?

The change in government has not had any affect on procurement plans with China as far as I'm aware. The relationship with China also hasn't changed drastically pr at all for that matter.

It is said that the end point of the program is to make Egypt have the ability for 1,000 ton levels of combat ships, but there is also news about Egypt building Gowind locally, so these two news make me a little confused.

The Egyptian Armed Forces procurement policy is based on the variation of arms from different nations. For example we have procured US platforms in the Ambassador MKIII and have signed a deal to locally produce the French Gowind and are reportedly in talks over German frigates, while still operating Chinese and Soviet platforms in the Navy and elsewhere. So it isn't that confusing, it most probably is still going ahead.

china rise in this expect is also very impressive...
hope in future we both do some joint ventures...

That's unusual. The latest I've heard was that there was cooperation with the Chinese side to develop the naval shipyard in Alexandria. Plus deals for vehicles similar to the US Avenger system, and the upgrade of surface to air missiles (which has been confirmed). It would seem odd considering the partnership with the K-8 and ASN-209 programs, and rumors about procuring or even producing the JF-17/FC-1.

Yes what I talk about is the Alexandria shipyard program. No other project I have heard.

The Egyptian Armed Forces procurement policy is based on the variation of arms from different nations. For example we have procured US platforms in the Ambassador MKIII and have signed a deal to locally produce the French Gowind and are reportedly in talks over German frigates, while still operating Chinese and Soviet platforms in the Navy and elsewhere. So it isn't that confusing, it most probably is still going ahead.

I'm not talking about the Egyptian policy. But According to our news, the Alexandria shipyard program takes 10 years,and only after that, the shipyard will have the ability to build Gowind level military ships or >10,000 ton civil ships. So maybe Gowind will be built in another shipyard but not this one in Egypt?

china rise in this expect is also very impressive...
hope in future we both do some joint ventures...
Actually we have, if you check your P8 in details :-)

Last edited:

JF-17 deal prematurely ended or went into stasis with Mig-29 deal.

What the JF-17 was giving to Egypt at low cost were strong 300+ Active BVR capabilities like SD-10A/Carrier Killer capabilities among others. I am sure the Block II information would have been discussed but I guess a quick loan based offer from russia lost their interest in Thunder/Fierce Dragon. But Navy could bag better deals with China compared to slow paced russia if they put in effort too many british/american eggs in one basked could prove to be fatal.

What the JF-17 was giving to Egypt at low cost were strong 300+ Active BVR capabilities like SD-10A/Carrier Killer capabilities among others. I am sure the Block II information would have been discussed but I guess a quick loan based offer from russia lost their interest in Thunder/Fierce Dragon. But Navy could bag better deals with China compared to slow paced russia if they put in effort too many british/american eggs in one basked could prove to be fatal.
They still have some J-7 to replace, and so do not loose heart. Buying Mig-29 mostly because Russian can give them more support against America, while our policy is not interfering with their internal affairs.

The number for L-15 bought by Venezuela is cleared:24 units
http://www.venezueladefensa.com/ ... adquisicion-de.html

They still have some J-7 to replace, and so do not loose heart. Buying Mig-29 mostly because Russian can give them more support against America, while our policy is not interfering with their internal affairs.

They actually have F-7/Mig-21 to replace, Mirages upgraded to similar ROSE upgrades as PAF have. News of Mig-21 upgrades did not make it, israeliss and neighbors know mig-21 inside out pointless to upgrade 50+ years old aircrafts. As many as 110-120 F-7s/Migs ready to be phased out, not economical to buy Mig-29 6-7 squadrons.

They actually have F-7/Mig-21 to replace, Mirages upgraded to similar ROSE upgrades as PAF have. News of Mig-21 upgrades did not make it, israeliss and neighbors know mig-21 inside out pointless to upgrade 50+ years old aircrafts. As many as 110-120 F-7s/Migs ready to be phased out, not economical to buy Mig-29 6-7 squadrons.
According to contract price with Russian(2 billion dollars with lots of things), I'm prone to the thought that the Mig-29 deal is a replacement for their previous ordered F-16 which are not handed over to them completely.

According to contract price with Russian(2 billion dollars with lots of things), I'm prone to the thought that the Mig-29 deal is a replacement for their previous ordered F-16 which are not handed over to them completely.

Those F-16s will be handed over to them, egypt extended help to israel in current conflict assures it gets awarded.

Those F-16s will be handed over to them, egypt extended help to israel in current conflict assures it gets awarded.
I just simply thought Egypt could not replace all these mig-21/J-7 with F-16s and Mig-29s. So JF-17 should be the only choice, and local production can provide posts to the common Egyptians, too.

Yes what I talk about is the Alexandria shipyard program. No other project I have heard

That's still going ahead as far as I'm aware.

I'm not talking about the Egyptian policy. But According to our news, the Alexandria shipyard program takes 10 years,and only after that, the shipyard will have the ability to build Gowind level military ships or >10,000 ton civil ships. So maybe Gowind will be built in another shipyard but not this one in Egypt?

The military has several shipyards and dry docks in Alexandria (and elsewhere). It would be safe to assume the Gowind will be built in a different shipyard than the one we are talking about.

The EAF is interested in the Mig-35, speculation over the Mig-29 was just that.Either way, there isn't enough funding to replace all 3rd/3.5 or even some 4th gen aircraft with the Mig-35. Egypt also wants to assemble or produce fighters under licence, the JF-17 would allow that to happen, the infrastructure to assemble air craft was included in Egypt's new military industrial complex (the largest and newest in the MENA region).Egypt, would only be interested in the Block II JF-17 given that it has all the characteristics of a 4th gen fighter. However, Pakistan must first fulfill its needs before being able to go into a joint venture.

The 2 billion dollar deal does not include air craft, a 3 billion dollar deal is being negotiated with the Russians over fighters, most likely the Mig-35 and not the Mig-29.

ose F-16s will be handed over to them, egypt extended help to israel in current conflict assures it gets awarded.]

Nice try with the political points scoring. However, military equipment and military aid will be delivered as long as both Egypt and Israel abide by the peace treaty. The equipment will be delivered.

Back
Top Bottom