What's new

CHINESE VACCINE FOR THE WORLD

In dubai , they have tested the people who received the Chinese vaccines and more than 50 % show no antibodies. I was speaking to my cousin yesterday who is in Dubai and they are laughing at the Chinese vaccines. Luckily they took Pfizer vaccines.
In Chile they are recommended 3rd shot of the vaccine for the same reason.
I am at Abu Dhabi. I have been advised to take the Pfizer one instead of the Sinopharm one. The Chinese vaccines are somewhat effective, whereas Pfizer has been a lot more effective.

I am at Abu Dhabi. I have been advised to take the Pfizer one instead of the Sinopharm one. The Chinese vaccines are somewhat effective, whereas Pfizer has been a lot more effective.

I thought Abi Dhabi only had Sinopharm and Sputnik?

I thought Abi Dhabi only had Sinopharm and Sputnik?
Dubai has the Pfizer one. Either way, it is far better than Canada at this point. I travel for work, so I'd rather get vaccinated by something reliable.

95% efficient doesn't mean you cannot get the virus, also that % drops when other strains are included and that vaccine can't reliably deal with the S Africa and Brazil strain so if you get those 2 strains you could end up staying for a long time in the hospital.

Sinovac may be lower efficiency but it can handle the S Africa and Brazil strain that you don't need to stay in hospital ward if you caught it.

95% efficient doesn't mean you cannot get the virus, also that % drops when other strains are included and that vaccine can't reliably deal with the S Africa and Brazil strain so if you get those 2 strains you could end up staying for a long time in the hospital.

Sinovac may be lower efficiency but it can handle the S Africa and Brazil strain that you don't need to stay in hospital ward if you caught it.
Good to know. But I have been advised to take the other one, and that too if I can.

Dubai has the Pfizer one. Either way, it is far better than Canada at this point. I travel for work, so I'd rather get vaccinated by something reliable.
Huh, Canada isn't a covid vaccine maker.

Back
Top Bottom