What's new

Chinese UAV News & Discussions (Strictly)

1642852_-_main.jpg

Brochure data on the Wing Loong II. Source: CJDBY web page
Chengdu Aircraft Corporation revealed its second-generation Wing Loong II turboprop-powered unmanned combat aerial vehicle (UCAV) at the biennial Beijing Air Show in mid-September.

p1642853.jpg
The Chengdu Aircraft Corporation's Wing Loong II unmanned combat aerial vehicle (UCAV) emerged at the 2015 Beijing Air Show. (CJDBY web page)

Data and images of the platform show a strong resemblance to the General Atomics MQ-9 Reaper high-altitude long-endurance (HALE) UCAV. Partial images of the UCAV seen on Chinese web pages in early March 2015 suggest that runway- or flight-testing has already started.

While the Wing Loong II name is likely its export designation, it can be expected to enter People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) units alongside the smaller Chengdu GJ-1/Wing Loong.

Both in configuration and dimensionally the Wing Loong II compares well to the MQ-9 Reaper. Both are powered by a single pusher turboprop engine, place their satellite communication system and primary optical system in the nose, and employ large V-stabilisers with a smaller vertical stabiliser below the empennage.

While almost identical in size, their performance differs - most likely due to their respective engines. While the MQ-9 has a maximum speed of 482 km/h and can reach a maximum altitude of 50,000 ft (15,240 m), the Wing Loong II has a maximum speed of 370 km/h and can reach an altitude of30,000 ft (9,000 m).

They also differ greatly in their external payload. The MQ-9 is credited with an external payload of 1,400 kg while the Wing Loong II can carry 480 kg.

A brochure image shows the Wing Loong II carrying 12 air-to-surface missiles. These are probably the 26.5 kg Norinco Blue Arrow 9 ground-attack missiles revealed at the 2014 Airshow China at Zhuhai. Multiple Chinese companies have developed families of UCAV weapons including precision-guided missiles, bombs, and air-to-air missiles.

Wing Loong II MQ-9 Reaper
Powerplant 1 x turboprop 1x Honeywell TPE331-10 turboprop, 900 hp
Length 11 m 10.97 m
Wingspan 20.5 m 20.12 m

hinese are never the aggressors, chinese are sufficient in making own weapons, the day india comes out of american ***, cleans up and comes to china with genuine friendlyness and give kashmiri people their rights under United nations charter, that day china and india can start developing weapons and even sell them to russia and Pakistan. pakistan and russia are better suited to be customers india china have labor forces labor is cheap keeps the cost down that day we can make an asian union with no threats only prosperity.

you have represented the true Chinese perspective. I like it

Gap still exists but i see the inclination of convergense! Engine ...... still

Why does China's Divine Eagle UAV have a maximum altitude of 79,000 feet?

According to Popular Science, China's Divine Eagle UAV has a maximum altitude of 25km (or 79,000 feet).
In contrast, the US Global Hawk has a maximum altitude of only 18km (or 57,000 feet).

China Flies Its Largest Ever Drone: The Divine Eagle | Popular Science
xDmBNRp.jpg

Why is there a huge difference of 22,000 feet between China's Divine Eagle and the US Global Hawk?
The most likely explanation is the two UAVs are designed for different roles.

The US Global Hawk was designed for reconnaissance. It is looking for ground targets.

The Chinese Divine Eagle UAV was designed to detect stealth fighters and bombers.

The total path length from a KJ-2000 AWACS transmitter-(to target)-(to receiver) is about 900km. By using a passive Divine Eagle UAV L-band receiver, it permits a much earlier detection of a stealth aircraft by about 200 to 300km (or 120 to 180 miles). By flying at nearly 80,000 feet, the Divine Eagle passive receiver can avoid being illuminated by the KJ-2000 AWACS L-band radar.

Alternatively, a high-flying Divine Eagle UAV can use its UHF/VHF dual-fuselage interferometer to detect a stealth aircraft. If the Divine Eagle was flying at the same altitude as an F-22, the other fuselage would block the transmission/reception of the UHF/VHF array. By flying at nearly 80,000 feet, the Divine Eagle dual-fuselage interferometer would have an unobstructed view of a stealth aircraft.

rDm3GNc.jpg

The Chinese KJ-2000 AWACS has a service ceiling of 42,651 feet.[1]
The American F-22 has a service ceiling of 60,000 feet.[2]

References.

1. Shaanxi KJ-2000 (Mainring) - Airborne Early Warning and Control (AWACs) - Development and Operational History, Performance Specifications and Picture Gallery
2. F-22 Raptor Specifications

A handful of these will prove to be a valuable asset for PAF. What is its accurate loiter time?

I don't think you are getting this any time soon, if its capabilities are really as intended and speculated.

Not just for stealth, if its loiter time is >40hrs this can be an apt answer to Indian P-8i as well. Keeping an eye on Indian Navy far & wide and on its carrier movements as well as on the ground is essential. A platform like this which can fly for 2 days without food or fuel is an asset we can't ignore.

because you don't have any STEALTH FIGHTER.
No need, No deal .

Not just for stealth, if its loiter time is >40hrs this can be an apt answer to Indian P-8i as well. Keeping an eye on Indian Navy far & wide and on its carrier movements as well as on the ground is essential. A platform like this which can fly for 2 days without food or fuel is an asset we can't ignore.
so there p-8i radars will be unable to track it due to it's elevation of 80,000 feets.? that makes 24+ km's of height. i think the SAM's on frigates and ships have a AVERAGE vertical range of 18 km's .? so that would be the case with indian navy too ? educate me about this scenario.
Also what about there AC ? it must have a long range high elevated radar. NO ?

incase NO is the answer to above all "stuff" , is there any thing with india that can track and take this UAV ?
(For education purpose)

They probably can. The idea is EARLY WARNING. This drone can fly in OUR airspace and still see so far & wide that all of India's 3 services lose the element of surprise to mount a considerable military campaign against Pakistan. This will allow us to re calibrate our defenses according to the magnitude, speed and time given by the intelligence. I.e if we can detect Indian carrier movements earlier, it will be easier for us to bring all of our naval defenses to war stations in time and at speed. An asset like this can be risked in international air space if needed and dictated by the level of threat.

so there p-8i radars will be unable to track it due to it's elevation of 80,000 feets.? that makes 24+ km's of height. i think the SAM's on frigates and ships have a AVERAGE vertical range of 18 km's .? so that would be the case with indian navy too ? educate me about this scenario.
Also what about there AC ? it must have a long range high elevated radar. NO ?

incase NO is the answer to above all "stuff" , is there any thing with india that can track and take this UAV ?
(For education purpose)

They probably can. The idea is EARLY WARNING. This drone can fly in OUR airspace and still see so far & wide that all of India's 3 services lose the element of surprise to mount a considerable military campaign against Pakistan. This will allow us to re calibrate our defenses according to the magnitude, speed and time given by the intelligence. I.e if we can detect Indian carrier movements earlier, it will be easier for us to bring all of our naval defenses to war stations in time and at speed. An asset like this can be risked in international air space if needed and dictated by the level of threat.

That's what i need. if during a war between two Nuclear Powers You can buy 5-6 hours by a UAV, then i am with this.
can somebody have a pen ? i wan't to sign a deal for this bloody UAV.. how much will it take ?

An amateur CG image on what could be the hypersonic drone flown on September 9th, taken off from Dingxin air base.

9rfOiKG.jpg

Q66EpjI.jpg

The news is confirmed by the official newsletter China Aviation News and also proved by the NOTAM notification A2538/15.

It could be powered by a TBCC or most likely to be a RBCC.

Henri K.

An amateur CG image on what could be the hypersonic drone flown on September 9th, taken off from Dingxin air base.

9rfOiKG.jpg

Q66EpjI.jpg

The news is confirmed by the official newsletter China Aviation News and also proved by the NOTAM notification A2538/15.

It could be powered by a TBCC or most likely to be a RBCC.

Henri K.

But some claimed its manned.

Back
Top Bottom