What's new

Chinese UAV News & Discussions (Strictly)

101208dpd0pcfwpkyyd9ob.jpg

Let me have a shot:

(From top to bottom):
1. Divine Eagle
2. Long Haul Eagle
3. Sharp Sword
4. Soar Dragon
5. Sky Wing III (version I)
6. Sky Wing III (version II)

#4 is allegedly an one-off technology demonstrator and will be replaced by #2.
#5 (if it is indeed the initial version of the Sky Wing III) will be replaced by #6, if I'm not mistaken.

Let me have a shot:

(From top to bottom):
1. Divine Eagle
2. Long Haul Eagle
3. Sharp Sword
4. Soar Dragon
5. Sky Wing III (version I)
6. Sky Wing III (version II)

#4 is allegedly an one-off technology demonstrator and will be replaced by #2.
#5 (if it is indeed the initial version of the Sky Wing III) will be replaced by #6, if I'm not mistaken.

I thought # 2 is named Soar(ing) Dragon II ??

Anyway a very intersting chart, however they are not to scale ?

Deino

Divine Eagle UAV is a 10,000 T/R module L-band Interferometer

Whether you use the bus or the UAV itself as a benchmark, the height of the Divine Eagle UAV is about 1.5 meter in height.
iUxoMZx.jpg

"By using the single deck bus in the background (probably 3.2 meters tall, like most buses of its type) as a very crude visual yardstick, a very rough comparison suggests that the Divine Eagle is about 6 meters tall...."
----------
The radome is usually equidistant in the vertical and horizontal directions. This means the horizontal width of the Divine Eagle UAV radome is about 1.5 meters. The Divine Eagle interferometer has a diameter of 5 radomes or 7.5 meters.
EH3SjgP.jpg

----------
The diameter of the Divine Eagle L-band interferometer is 7.5 meters. L-band is 0.15m. However, the transmit/receive (T/R) module of an AESA radar is built with a half-wave dipole antenna design. In the case of L-band, the half-wave of 0.15m is 0.075m.

7.5 meters / 0.075 meter per T/R module = 100 T/R modules horizontally
----------
An AESA radar is mostly circular in shape. The horizontal and vertical lengths are approximately equal.

Tkt5v3l.jpg

The calculation of a square 100 T/R module (horizontally) x 100 T/R module (vertically) AESA radar is a close approximation of an actual circular AESA radar.

100 T/R modules horizontally x 100 T/R modules vertically = 10,000 T/R modules in total
----------
Divine Eagle L-band interferometer is eight times more sensitive than F-35 X-band AESA radar.

BGW6c4j.jpg

10,000 Divine Eagle L-band T/R module interferometer / 1,200 F-35 X-band T/R module AESA radar = Eight times greater sensitivity based on module count

Back
Top Bottom