What's new

Chinese UAV News & Discussions (Strictly)

Hmm, looks like it's neither the WZ-2000 series nor the Xiang Long series. Or it could be an attack variant of the Xiang Long.

It is not the Xiang Long (Soar Dragon). I repeat, it is not. The vertical stabilizers are completely different.

It seems that China has at least three different models of jet powered URAVs now:
- Xiang Long
- WZ-2000
- This one

The photos emerged yesterday at CJDBY, of CAC's new pet project aside from J-20. It's a long range, high altitude recon drone that is tasked with collecting ground/sea intelligence. It can also act as a midway guidance for anti-ship cruise missiles, increasing their effective engagement range. This will be a very effective tool for the navy in surveillance role, and can engage smaller surface combatants if neccessary.

Specifications
Length: 14.3m
Wingspan: 25m
Height: 5.4m
Takeoff weight: 7500kg
Mission payload: 650kg (Can be armed with C-701 missile)
Cruise altitude: 18000m
Cruise speed: 750km/h
Range: 7000km, 3500km radius

Without further delay:
1154041fatl1bdf53d1dz3.jpg

10122200tls5do50ttuu41.jpg

0226017wzkrzv17ezzgpg8.jpg

170551dkb2wlblzoyyzwkz.jpg

Hope you realize that the model UAV is different than the one in testing.

Ah, I see. Is it the Xiang Long UAV? Or is it something totally different?
Yes it's the same program as the model, but the design has been changed. There is also another program ongoing according to peishens, which will resemble the Global Hawk. That one is being worked on by SAC. Finally, the stealth UACV is also under development in CAC. Both institutes have their hands full.

Hmm, looks like it's neither the WZ-2000 series nor the Xiang Long series. Or it could be an attack variant of the Xiang Long.

It is not the Xiang Long (Soar Dragon). I repeat, it is not. The vertical stabilizers are completely different.

It seems that China has at least three different models of jet powered URAVs now:
- Xiang Long
- WZ-2000
- This one
It is Xianglong, but the design has been changed. Read peishens' post below:

×¼±¸Ê׷ɵÄÏèÁú²»ÊÇÎÒÃǵÄÈ«ÇòÓ¥£¬É½Õ¯È«ÇòÓ¥ÁíÍâÓÐÐͺÅÏîÄ¿¡£ - ¿Õ¾ü°æ - ³¬¼¶´ó±¾Óª¾üÊÂÂÛ̳

It's probably for patrolling the pacific area near china
If they base it in 永兴岛 in South China Sea, they can maintain an effective surveillance against foreign vessels.

This "Thing" has RAM Coating da hell its relatively smaller but not that smaller then global hawk Design reflects maneuverable airframe.

I can't help laughing when i saw this news on global times,since when did "CD and the bodyguard of Zhongnanhai" become the spokesman of defence ministry:rofl: i used to believe J-20 was the special case,but it seems that PLA just found a wise way to increase its transparency,good news for chinese military fans:)

谁说国人无创新?我新无人机震撼曝光

milita43.jpg

thx hk299792458

i love their new painting work ,looks very deadly ,it seems that PLA have realised the importance of propaganda in the modern age,this will surly attract more young talents throw them into the defence sector ,wish someday we will see "J20" in the domestic films

Why does China name everything ending with a Dragon ? Fierce Dragon.... Vigorous Dragon.... Soar Dragon. I am sure China has non fictional predatory fauna too.

my guess is they are all products of CAC(cheng du) so they have this dragon series.
rumor has it that a UAV which is under development of SAC(shen yang) has a name 'dark sword' and it is the real killer...

Yes it's the same program as the model, but the design has been changed. There is also another program ongoing according to peishens, which will resemble the Global Hawk. That one is being worked on by SAC. Finally, the stealth UACV is also under development in CAC. Both institutes have their hands full.

Is the original Xiang Long design still in full swing, though, or has it been cancelled?

So basically, China has three major jet powered URAV projects:
- Xiang Long (basic version)
- Xiang Long (improved version)
- WZ-2000

I believe there was a model of an armed Xiang Long variant, so that is in development as well.

Is the original Xiang Long design still in full swing, though, or has it been cancelled?

So basically, China has three major jet powered URAV projects:
- Xiang Long (basic version)
- Xiang Long (improved version)
- WZ-2000

I believe there was a model of an armed Xiang Long variant, so that is in development as well.
The original Xiang Long design has been changed to what you see today. Xiang Long never made it to service, and this is its first test flight since the change. Therefore there is no basic/improved version so to speak, because this is the prototype. In addition, this design can carry armament.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom