What's new

Chinese UAV News & Discussions (Strictly)

BZK-206
XvLGdZKlAZGimc47S3nfX05hF3Sm6Sm2woR0zJhKBE=091540750675798compressflag.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if this can be directly attributed to the RQ-170 that was captured in Iran. Looks pretty similar and you notice that Iran, Russia & China all came out with these flying wing stealth drones a few years after the capture of the RQ-170 ? Who knows, perhaps Chinese or Russian agents had a hand in helping Iran take down the RQ-170 ? Or perhaps Iran allowed Russian, Chinese engineers to inspect the RQ-170 in exchange for other favors ? We know for sure that the same year Iran captured the RQ-170 Sentinel UAV, atleast 2 other US stealth drones were captured, the Boeing Insitu Scan Eagle & the General Atomics MQ-1C Grey Eagle (AKA Predator UAV)

iran scan eagle copy center.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't be surprised if this can be directly attributed to the RQ-170 that was captured in Iran. Looks pretty similar ...

Please do not spam this thread with Iranian stuff. They are similar at best since most UAVs are similar, but honestly, the Chinese UAVs are way ahead and fully indepedent.

It is a GJ-1/WD-1K Wing Loong I assigned to the WTC UAV Brigade.
The same unit that also operates the GJ-2 Wing Loong II as shown at Zhuhai.

The number 53x3x is:

5 is for all Theater Command subordinated units
3 is for the WTC (3rd TC in protocol order)
3 is for 3rd dedicated Brigade assigned to the TC's HQ similar to 1st is SAR & transportation brigade ... 2 is so far unknown
xx individual aircraft number.

Wing Loong GJ-2 53130 WTC UAV Brigade - Zhuhai 2018 - 1.jpg

It is a GJ-1/WD-1K Wing Loong I assigned to the WTC UAV Brigade.
The same unit that also operates the GJ-2 Wing Loong II as shown at Zhuhai.

The number 53x3x is:

5 is for all Theater Command subordinated units
3 is for the WTC (3rd TC in protocol order)
3 is for 3rd dedicated Brigade assigned to the TC's HQ similar to 1st is SAR & transportation brigade ... 2 is so far unknown
xx individual aircraft number.

View attachment 539348
I assume you are referring to the 178th UAV brigade, right? Interestingly, there are at least 2 more UAV units in that area: one in Aksu AFB and another in Kashgar AFB. However, those are pretty much U/I til' now.

UAV units, unlike regular fixed wing aircrafts, are still not clear in terms of organization.

I assume you are referring to the 178th UAV brigade, right? Interestingly, there are at least 2 more UAV units in that area: one in Aksu AFB and another in Kashgar AFB. However, those are pretty much U/I til' now.

UAV units, unlike regular fixed wing aircrafts, are still not clear in terms of organization.

No, the 178th Brigade is a dedicated UAV training unit whereas this one is a different one, even if I still do not fully understand its composition and structure.

No, the 178th Brigade is a dedicated UAV training unit whereas this one is a different one, even if I still do not fully understand its composition and structure.
Oh so you basically claim the 178th and unit 95835 are actually the same? interesting. Then this UAV above is located in Aksu AFB almost for sure.

??? unit 95835 ???

And why do you think this UAV is located at Aksu AB?

??? unit 95835 ???

And why do you think this UAV is located at Aksu AB?
According to ImageSAT photos, Aksu AFB already operates GJ-1 and Kashgar AFB operates only J-7 UAV (converted...)

Unit 95835 is the hangar site northewest of the Malan base in which many UAVS were spotted. Could be the 95835 is actually 178th as many 17X brigades are actually training/test units. I do know 95835 is a test facility for UAVs.

Back
Top Bottom