What's new

Chinese UAV News & Discussions (Strictly)

Its just a tweet sir and there is no clear pics of new/mystery UAV

well ... that's not correct. The Skyhawk (天鹰) was on display at Zhuhai; I've seen it on my own.

CASIC 3rd Academy - Sky Eagle UAV Tian Ying - Zhuhai 1.jpg

Just another question ... Henry K. mentions these UCAVs are operated by the ARMY, Huitong says by the PLAAF?

What is correct?

Harpy UAV container 2.jpg

Thanks ... by the way, another question. Concerning the general situation of UAVs in the PLA their use in the Army Aviation Corps is much lesser documented and understood than in the PLAAF or Naval Aviation.

We know that the PLAAF operates them in regular UAV Brigades or in TC-HQ subordinated Brigades.
The PLA Naval Aviation has dedicated flights or daduis often closely relates/associated to regular former Regiments – or now maybe Brigades – but this is unconfirmed for the Army Aviation.
Also, even if known that several smaller UAVs (comparable to hand-held drones and quadcopters) are in use at troop level, the Army Aviation does not operate larger types and they are as far as known, not operated in dedicated Army Aviation UAV brigades. Or am i wrong?? And if yes, what types do they operate? ... is the BZK-006 and or BZK-008 in service?

Thus far as my observation, PLA ground forces only used UAV that are hand launched and truck launched (using rails). The role of their UAVs are basically for battle field recon and may be including fire control.
PLAAF has been seen deploying UAVs launched from airfields. In addition to the recon missions, PLAAF UAVs also take on strike role.

Thus far as my observation, PLA ground forces only used UAV that are hand launched and truck launched (using rails). The role of their UAVs are basically for battle field recon and may be including fire control.
PLAAF has been seen deploying UAVs launched from airfields. In addition to the recon missions, PLAAF UAVs also take on strike role.

Thanks a lot, since this is also my impression. :tup:

Back
Top Bottom