What's new

Chinese UAV News & Discussions (Strictly)

Drone completes military mapping mission in NW China
English.news.cn 2012-04-18 18:39:48
131535937_31n.jpg

Photo taken on April 16 shows the moment of an unmanned Chinese military drone taking off. The unmanned Chinese military drone recently completed its first digital mapping mission near north China's Helan mountain, capturing high-definition imaging data during more than five consecutive hours of aerial photography. (Xinhua Photo)

YINCHUAN, April 18 (Xinhua) -- An unmanned Chinese military drone recently completed its first digital mapping mission near north China's Helan mountain, capturing high-definition imaging data during more than five consecutive hours of aerial photography.
Conducted by the Lanzhou Military Area Command of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA), the mission marked the first time for such type of unmanned drone to be used for military mapping purposes, military sources said Wednesday.

The success of the mission marks the Chinese military's creation of a drone-based emergency mapping support mechanism in north China, said Zhang Zhiyuan, the mission's field commander.

China's AVIC stealth UAV prototype technology demonstrator

OirX1.jpg

China AVIC's prototype "baby"/demonstrator UAV. AVIC is famous as the parent company that built the J-10 Vigorous Dragon. The air inlet is placed on the top to shield it from ground radar. The upper fuselage follows the "continuous curvature" stealth design principle, where the radii is continuously changing as you move from the front and towards the rear.

cAUbI.jpg

The angled vertical stabilizers are a telltale sign of a stealth aircraft. Also, note the saw-tooths on the wheel bay doors. The exhaust looks like a new "continuous curvature" design. The planform alignment looks good too (e.g. parallel lines formed by main leading wing and opposite trailing wing near engine exhaust).

ppxJe.jpg

The planform alignment is harder to see. I highlighted it for you guys. You will also note the underside is uncluttered and stealthy.

China's AVIC stealth UAV prototype technology demonstrator

OirX1.jpg

China AVIC's prototype "baby"/demonstrator UAV. AVIC is famous as the parent company that built the J-10 Vigorous Dragon. The air inlet is placed on the top to shield it from ground radar. The upper fuselage follows the "continuous curvature" stealth design principle, where the radii is continuously changing as you move from the front and towards the rear.

cAUbI.jpg

The angled vertical stabilizers are a telltale sign of a stealth aircraft. Also, note the saw-tooths on the wheel bay doors. The exhaust looks like a new "continuous curvature" design. The planform alignment looks good too (e.g. parallel lines formed by main leading wing and opposite trailing wing near engine exhaust).

ppxJe.jpg

The planform alignment is harder to see. I highlighted it for you guys. You will also note the underside is uncluttered and stealthy.
Are you sure this is not the indian unmanned stealth bomber? :rofl:

ucav.jpg

UCA2.jpg

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...evels-unmaned-stealth-bomber.html#post3089994

UCA2.jpg

It's not even a model! it's just a 2d drawing on a paper (Note: that i mention 2d and not 3d)

warplanes= crappy 30yrs (mostly foreign parts)
warships =10yrs (mostly foreign parts)
arjunk = the army doesn't even want to induct it in large numbers,just for the sake of keeping manufacturer alive.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

xr15P.jpg

C'ya in like 50-100yrs?:wave:

哥们别刺激他们了

Martian does the AVIC one have a weapon's bay? I don't see it and it seems it doesn't have room for one? Man there are too many UAVs in testing to keep track of.

哥们别刺激他们了

Martian does the AVIC one have a weapon's bay? I don't see it and it seems it doesn't have room for one? Man there are too many UAVs in testing to keep track of.

This is a scaled-down technology demonstration model. I don't think there is room for a weapon's bay.

On the real combat-sized AVIC stealth aircraft, I expect it to carry ordnance like the X-47B. The two aircraft designs look similar. This is a function of convergent design (e.g. all rockets are long and slender). All UCAVs look like a (efficient flying) delta wing, including the British Taranis.

----------

Northrop Grumman X-47B - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Armament

2 weapon bays, providing for up to 4,500 lb (2,000 kg) of ordnance[13]"

Back
Top Bottom