What's new

Chinese UAV News & Discussions (Strictly)

East Pendulum‏ @HenriKenhmann
Un nouveau projet de drone à aile volante chinois est en cours d'évaluation de SER à Sichuan, tout comme le J-20 et d'autres appareils avant lui. Son envergure mesure environ 14 mètres pour 13,5 mètres de long.

Translated from French by Microsoft
A new Chinese flying wing drone project is being evaluated for SER in Sichuan, as well as the J-20 and other aircraft before it. Its wingspan measures about 14 meters for 13.5 meters long.

DjU-HDjVsAAEmuO.jpg

DjU-H92UYAAX1LM.jpg

12:51 PM - 30 Jul 2018

East Pendulum‏ @HenriKenhmann
Un nouveau projet de drone à aile volante chinois est en cours d'évaluation de SER à Sichuan, tout comme le J-20 et d'autres appareils avant lui. Son envergure mesure environ 14 mètres pour 13,5 mètres de long.

Translated from French by Microsoft
A new Chinese flying wing drone project is being evaluated for SER in Sichuan, as well as the J-20 and other aircraft before it. Its wingspan measures about 14 meters for 13.5 meters long.

DjU-HDjVsAAEmuO.jpg

DjU-H92UYAAX1LM.jpg

12:51 PM - 30 Jul 2018

Well, Not sure if it is only yet another UAV.

Logistics firm Cainiao tests drone helicopter for delivery
Source: Xinhua| 2018-08-02 15:47:30|Editor: ZX

NANCHANG, Aug. 2 (Xinhua) -- Cainiao Network, Alibaba's delivery arm, has completed its first delivery test via drone helicopter in Jingdezhen City in east China's Jiangxi Province, the company said Thursday.

The helicopter, made by BGAC Jiangxi Helicopter Co. Ltd., traveled 9.11 kilometers in less than five minutes during the test, carrying a payload of nearly 100 kilograms.

Drone helicopters, compared with multi-rotor drones, can carry heavier weight and are powered by gas motors, thus packing more power, according to Xu Damiao, general manager of the helicopter company.

The JH-1 model used for the test weighs around 600 kilograms and can travel up to 160 kilometers per hour at heights of up to 3,000 meters for four hours, Xu said.

"In mountainous areas like Jingdezhen, conventional delivery might take two or three days, but by using a drone helicopter to drop the packages at the local pickup point, we can achieve same-day delivery," said Chen Gong, who works at a local Cainiao Network station.

Cainiao is not the only Chinese logistics company to test the waters with drone delivery. A subsidiary of logistics giant SF Express was issued a license in March for commercial drone operation in designated areas, and major online retailer JD.com has also announced plans to use self-developed delivery drones by 2020.

DjlVXr5VsAEQcdt.jpg

DjlVYFBU8AEBW0H.jpg

DjlVXdlUYAEe9A2.jpg

DjlVX46UYAAyMHs.jpg

But still no info if the WL II is used by the PLAAF or Naval Aviation itself?

But still no info if the WL II is used by the PLAAF or Naval Aviation itself?
Why do PLAAF and PLANAF like such stuff?
They are mainly for export.
PLA prefers HALE UAV.

Last edited:
Why do PLAAF and PLANAF like such stuff?
They are mainly for export.

Pardon?? Before any WL I was exported it was already operational by the PLAAF. So why not the WL II too, which would be a most logical successor or complement.

Or does the PLAAF operates another so far not yet published UAV/UCAV in that role? AFAIK the Ch-5 is also not in service .. so what type for that role does the PLAAF use?

Pardon?? Before any WL I was exported it was already operational by the PLAAF. So why not the WL II too, which would be a most logical successor or complement.

Or does the PLAAF operates another so far not yet published UAV/UCAV in that role? AFAIK the Ch-5 is also not in service .. so what type for that role does the PLAAF use?
Just one question: What are WL-II and CH-5 used for in PLA? For terrorists like USA???

Last edited:
Just one question: What are WL-II and CH-5 used for in PLA? For terrorists like USA???

Pardon ... now it's me who does not understand your question?
You mean the PLAAF should/could use them against terrorists like the USA or in your opinion the USA are terrorists??

My point is, the PLAAF uses the WL I since years in now at least two brigades and surely not just to explore or play around. As such fur this operational need a more capable type like the WL-II or Ch-5 is not an illogic or stupid idea.

Or am I wrong?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom