What's new

Chinese UAV News & Discussions (Strictly)

A completely new type or a type "newly" delivered to the PLAAF?

The former.

BY the way, post #1559 says that China is working on an UAV that meets the general requirements of launching attacks on fixed, mobile and sea targets. Tests are being designed with Arleigh Burke as the imaginery target.

AV500
1530149545318.jpg
1530149550757.jpg
1530149562149.jpg
1530149558601.gif

http://www.cannews.com.cn/2018/0628/178853.shtml

CK-20, far more than a target drone :enjoy:

View attachment 483305
Do we know if it can carry missiles? If it can’t, then it’s only good as a fast, stealthy recon platform, which I’m sure China already has.

Do we know if it can carry missiles? If it can’t, then it’s only good as a fast, stealthy recon platform, which I’m sure China already has.
Okay nvm, I see it can perform attack missions...
Didn’t realize this thing has been out for so long. There is a CJDBY thread about it from 2 years ago.

HKSAR anniversary drone show held (30.6.2018)
政府新聞處 Information Services Department, HKSARG
Published on Jun 30, 2018

A drone light show lit up the sky above Shing Mun River in Sha Tin tonight to celebrate the 21st anniversary of Hong Kong's return to the motherland.

It was the first-ever showcase of 100 drones. Equipped with LED lights, they aligned to form patterns related to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region’s 21st anniversary and Sha Tin District.

Secretary for Home Affairs Lau Kong-wah officiated at the launch ceremony.

Members of the public watched the spectacle from the cycling track along the riverside of the Shing Mun River channel between Lion Bridge and Sand Martin Bridge.

The event also marked the Sha Tin District National Education Committee’s 10th anniversary and the commencement of the eighth Sha Tin Festival. (http://j.mp/2tRvPQw)

Successful first flight of "Sparrow Hawk-II", not the delivery ceremony of a certain type of UAV. :D:enjoy:

Hmm??? But why yet another UAV in the same class of the well established WL-I and CH-4 especially if there are already the WL-II and CH-5 with much improved performance are available?

Hmm??? But why yet another UAV in the same class of the well established WL-I and CH-4 especially if there are already the WL-II and CH-5 with much improved performance are available?

Air Sniper a variant of the civilian UAV Harrier II developed several years ago. It can be seen as a means of expanding the market.

Air Sniper a variant of the civilian UAV Harrier II developed several years ago. It can be seen as a means of expanding the market.

Thanks ... that's the reason why I thought I already knew this UAV.

The Air Sniper first appeared many years ago, did the project get resurrected?

Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Assist to Evaluate the Spatiotemporal Thermal Patterns of Permafrost Slopes
Jul 04, 2018

Small unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) are a relatively new type of remote sensing platform with distinct advantages over conventional piloted aircraft, satellites, and in situ observations-notably, low cost and operational flexibility.

In recent years, UAV was applied to estimate the spatial distribution of ground surface temperatures on permafrost slopes and evaluate the thermal influence of nearby engineering infrastructure.

Recently, using UAV and thermal infrared remote sensing technology, scientists from Northwest Institute of Eco-Environment and Resources (NIEER) of the Chinese Academy of Sciences estimated the spatial distribution of ground surface temperatures on permafrost slopes along the Qinghai-Tibet Engineering Corridor (QTEC), and evaluated the thermal influence of nearby engineering infrastructure.

They used a miniature UAV with a thermal infrared sensor to collect thermal images with high temporal-spatial resolution to evaluate the relationship between engineering infrastructure and permafrost slopes in the QTEC.

The results of this study indicate that the thermal effect of the highway on the slopes exceeds that of the railway (above ground supported beam bridge) and power transmission lines, and the maximum impact range reaches 14 m, which can result in slope instability, which in turn will affect the stability of these engineering structures.

Besides, further research is required to evaluate the thermal effects between permafrost slopes and engineering structures so that methods can be employed to measure the spatiotemporal changes associated with terrain changes.

This study is the first to use UAV-based thermal infrared remote sensing to evaluate the thermal dynamics of permafrost slopes along the QTEC, and the results of this study may provide new insights into the future design, construction, and maintenance of engineering structures on permafrost slopes.

The study entitled "UAV-based spatiotemporal thermal patterns of permafrost slopes along the Qinghai-Tibet Engineering Corridor" was published in Landslides.

Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Assist to Evaluate the Spatiotemporal Thermal Patterns of Permafrost Slopes---Chinese Academy of Sciences

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom