What's new

Chinese troops in ?

Which of course quoted your media.

Which of course quoted an American expert.

Thousands of Chinese troops in Gilgit, says US expert

A noted American South Asian expert said that thousands of Chinese soldiers are stationed in the Gilgit-Baltistan area in Kashmir.

"The total number of Chinese personnel in and on the border of Gilgit-Baltistan is uncertain, but most estimates suggest a minimum of 7,000," Selig Harrison told PTI.

doubtful.

But possible.

Which of course quoted an American expert.

Thousands of Chinese troops in Gilgit, says US expert

A noted American South Asian expert said that thousands of Chinese soldiers are stationed in the Gilgit-Baltistan area in Kashmir.

"The total number of Chinese personnel in and on the border of Gilgit-Baltistan is uncertain, but most estimates suggest a minimum of 7,000," Selig Harrison told PTI.

Firstly, they are there for construction work, as said before.

Secondly, we really don't need to explain ourselves anyway. :azn:

If Pakistan invites us there, we can go there.

If the Chinese troops are really there,Pakistan has already kissed the area any any pretensions of sovereignty goodbye.

Anyway, it was just waiting to happen. The client state relationship has just got stamped for all to see.

The post revolves around the word "if" which means their is a high probability that it is just a BS rumor. Wait for the confirmation till you give fatwas and statements about Pakistan's sovereignty. It is something else both Pakistan and China aren't going to give much importance to "Indian concerns" so whole this issue of Chinese presence in GB and India's concerns over it is stupid.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Exactly. :agree:

Firstly, they are there for construction work, as said before.

It is a disputed area. China has no business being there, especially its troops.

Of course you can do it anyway. It just proves for us that China is becoming explicitly hostile.

If this is what it is, so be it.

The post revolves around the word "if" which means their is a high probability that it is just a BS rumor. Wait for the confirmation till you give fatwas and statements about Pakistan's sovereignty.

I said "if" because I don't jump to conclusions.

If it is a rumor, good for you. I would hate for Pakistan to lose its sovereignty this way.

It is something else both Pakistan and China aren't going to give much importance to "Indian concerns" so whole this issue of Chinese presence in GB and India's concerns over it is stupid.

The concerns are valid. GB is claimed by India and is a disputed territory.

It is a disputed area. China has no business being there, especially its troops.

Of course you can do it anyway. It just proves for us that China is becoming explicitly hostile.

If this is what it is, so be it.

Both China and Pakistan, say that Giglit Baltistan is Pakistani land. I.e. Pakistan's "Northern areas".

And Pakistan can invite whoever they want on to their land.

As for your other point, the Indian media take every Chinese move as hostile anyway, so there is no real difference.

Both China and Pakistan, say that Giglit Baltistan is Pakistani land. I.e. Pakistan's "Northern areas".

And Pakistan can invite whoever they want on to their land.

As for your other point, the Indian media take every Chinese move as hostile anyway, so there is no real difference.

Giglit Baltistan is part of the state of J&K that acceded to India.

I can't help it if you don't want to or are unable to understand how the media works in India and that it is not state controlled. It does not reflect the government's thoughts unlike in China.

Giglit Baltistan is part of the state of J&K that acceded to India.

I can't help it if you don't want to or are unable to understand how the media works in India and that it is not state controlled. It does not reflect the government's thoughts unlike in China.

I live in Hong Kong buddy. The "Press Freedom Index", ranks us as #2 in Asia, after Japan.

I know all about the profit-driven media. They print what people want to read, i.e. supply and demand.

Regarding the other issue, India claims Chinese land (Aksai Chin) as a part of Kashmir.

So you can understand, that we are not exactly neutral in this dispute.

I live in Hong Kong buddy. The "Press Freedom Index", ranks us as #2 in Asia, after Japan.

I know all about the profit-driven media. They print what people want to read, i.e. supply and demand.

And the sensationalist news always sells! :lol:

Regarding the other issue, India claims Chinese land (Aksai Chin) as a part of Kashmir.

So you can understand, that we are not exactly neutral in this dispute.

So you should limit yourself to Aksai Chin only! Why meddle in the rest of the state where you have no locus standi?

So you should limit yourself to Aksai Chin only! Why meddle in the rest of the state where you have no locus standi?

When India started claiming Aksai Chin as part of Kashmir, we became a part of the dispute.

We want to solve it in our favour, and Pakistan was a natural partner in this.

When India started claiming Aksai Chin as part of Kashmir, we became a part of the dispute.

We want to solve it in our favour, and Pakistan was a natural partner in this.

See, it is obvious that we have a border dispute that has nothing to do with the Kashmir dispute that we have with Pakistan.

There have been ground rules agreed between India and China which are mainly about agreeing on settling the border along the current LAC with minor exchanges in the middle sector.

In the Eastern and Western sectors, both parties have what they really want. It has generally been agreed that populated areas will not be touched.

So, there really is no cause for China to get involved in the bilateral dispute between India and Pakistan. You may do it still and it sends a negative signal to India that China is now overtly hostile.

Some fanboys may enjoy it, I am not sure it is generally good for China in the long term.

So, there really is no cause for China to get involved in the bilateral dispute between India and Pakistan. You may do it still and it sends a negative signal to India that China is now overtly hostile.

Some fanboys may enjoy it, I am not sure it is generally good for China in the long term.

What are the pros and cons?

China and India have always been strategic rivals anyway. Its not like extra hostility from India will be a problem.

It might even serve the CPC's interests, for India to increase their hostility towards us (in terms of nationalist sentiment).

if chinese are in paksitan.

its paksitan's internal matter, india cant do anything about it.

What are the pros and cons?

Cons is obvious. India's hostility as you are impinging on our core interests.

If India determines that China is now a overtly hostile power, we will be forced to take counter measures that don't respect China's sensibilities and her core concerns and interests.

As of now, India has no intention of not respecting your core interests as long as you are not overtly hostile.

Also, the increased interference in this region will likely put you in conflict with the Superpower.

Pros: I am not sure. You can gain what you need without being militarily involved. May be you can tell me what you think is the likely benefit.

China and India have always been strategic rivals anyway. Its not like extra hostility from India will be a problem.

Not true. Except for the border dispute, China is not considered a rival as such by us. Of course it is considered a potential threat, not an existing threat.

I hope it remains that way, for both our peoples.

It might even serve the CPC's interests, for India to increase their hostility towards us (in terms of nationalist sentiment).

Possible. The CPC has other tools to achieve the same objectives in any case.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom