What's new

Chinese Submarine Stalked U.S. Aircraft Carrier

A.Rahman

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

WASHINGTON (Nov. 13) - A Chinese submarine stalked a U.S. Navy aircraft carrier battle group in the Pacific last month and was undetected until it surfaced within firing range, The Washington Times reported on Monday.

The Chinese Song-class diesel-powered attack submarine was seen within five miles of the carrier Kitty Hawk and its accompanying warships on October 26, the newspaper said, citing defense officials.

The surfaced submarine was spotted by a routine surveillance flight by one of the U.S. carrier group's planes, the report said.

A Navy spokeswoman in Washington had no comment on the report.

Disclosure of the surprise encounter comes as the commander of the U.S. Navy's Pacific Fleet, Adm. Gary Roughead, was making his first visit to China which began over the weekend, The Washington Times said.

The four-star admiral was scheduled to meet senior Chinese military leaders during the weeklong visit, the paper said.

"When asked if the PLA navy is a threat, I've been on the record as saying no," Roughead told reporters. "But I really would like to know what the intent is in some of the developments that I see in the PLA navy."

Washington, which has long complained of a lack of transparency in China's military modernization, has been pressing Beijing to reciprocate by giving U.S. forces more access to Chinese military exercises and sites.

We will have more good submarine .Such as yuan class that have been made by our Wuhan submarine factory .Or nuclear submarine ( shang class ) that made by BOhai factory . I also have many chinese military photo that want to show my Pakistani friends

guoxin,

Do share the pictures in the Military Multimedia section.

China seems to be focusing on building her submarine fleet for facing against a larger threat. The good thing is that China can give a pretty good threat to the aircraft carriers of USN, where they pretty much rely on to launch surpression attacks.

Long range submarines will make a good deal.

guoxin,
Long range submarines will make a good deal.

Notting Hill! :agree:

It's reported by Washington Times,a well-known right wing newsorgan,that the hostile Chinese surbmarine followed the fleet as close as 5 miles away from Kitty Hawk,which is apparently Mission Impossible IV for the outdated Chinese Song. and when mainstream papers (Washington Post, Newyork Times. etc.)reported this scenario they used Close or Encounter instead of Stalk.

It was during an USA-Japan training exercises in the open sea where Chinese surbmarines have been cruising quietly underwater for many years, and hence we can say at least professedly that they ran across each other. but a witting stakeout might also pass in a crowd,like what the US navy did during Chinese fleet exercise. Plays and quiet audience have always been frequent pair of companions around the west Pacific. and the Song was actually spotted by Kitty Hawk's guarding aircraft,which means close to the front of the entire fleet or 150-200miles away from the carrier.

China got asked with why, and the Bush administration read Washington Times every morning, but the two governments looked as though they had preappoint a same answer:Yes but they just met. the US govt. said that the Song was not aggressive (according to the surfacing stance of Song,which was technically and politically proper) while the Chinese govt. prefered to give no comment.

China flexing its navy muscles infront of the USN that is impressive and got them by surprise.

I now on one think china's submarine's fleet is a bad fleet ,it's the most

important mothod to prevent USA navy to involved in taiwan bay war, if

someone who want to interfrece china 's bussines I think it's shoule be

prepared to be beat down by china!

WASHINGTON (Nov. 13) - A Chinese submarine stalked a U.S. Navy aircraft carrier battle group in the Pacific last month and was undetected until it surfaced within firing range, The Washington Times reported on Monday.

The Chinese Song-class diesel-powered attack submarine was seen within five miles of the carrier Kitty Hawk and its accompanying warships on October 26, the newspaper said, citing defense officials.

The surfaced submarine was spotted by a routine surveillance flight by one of the U.S. carrier group's planes, the report said.

A Navy spokeswoman in Washington had no comment on the report.

Disclosure of the surprise encounter comes as the commander of the U.S. Navy's Pacific Fleet, Adm. Gary Roughead, was making his first visit to China which began over the weekend, The Washington Times said.

The four-star admiral was scheduled to meet senior Chinese military leaders during the weeklong visit, the paper said.

"When asked if the PLA navy is a threat, I've been on the record as saying no," Roughead told reporters. "But I really would like to know what the intent is in some of the developments that I see in the PLA navy."

Washington, which has long complained of a lack of transparency in China's military modernization, has been pressing Beijing to reciprocate by giving U.S. forces more access to Chinese military exercises and sites.

Well China has the right to check what was going on in the East China Sea where the US fleets were spotted near Okinawa.

i unable to understand what the Chinese want to do ? recent activity showing that they want to disturb USA...but why ? may be for war.
i am so scared that recent activity showing that china can be responsible for next world war....

i unable to understand what the Chinese want to do ? recent activity showing that they want to disturb USA...but why ? may be for war.
i am so scared that recent activity showing that china can be responsible for next world war....

This is normal! The purpose is to test enemy vs own capabilities! No one is starting another war.

Nope. It will be USA that will start a war with China. China just wants to be left alone and not harassed or bullied.

Last edited:

You would like that wouldn't you?

Why does India always want China to start a war? Do they want another 1962?

Back
Top Bottom