What's new

Chinese Scientists May Soon Be Able To Genetically Engineer Smarter Childre

My objection is not because of religious reason, but purely scientific concerns that we do NOT know the consequences of such genetic tampering.

In developing most technologies, it's OK to make mistakes and learn as we go along, but not when you are messing with human beings. The closest analogy to this would be to try some radical medical procedure on a person who is on the death bed. Assuming that the person themselves did not give authorization, the legal guardians would have to give permission.

In this case, a parent is using their own child as a guinea pig, and that's shameful.

nor did mine , but this @Wolfie guy said i was religious-nut . i would say what if '' engineered baby'' get some other side effect?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some yeah ago i saw a commercial in Germany, i think it's a volkswagen.

It compare and show a very hard working worker and a robot day of work. And it's tag line is, the machince can do everything the worker can, and it will never "Bitxh" about it. And the robot don't go on vacation.

Robot is the way to go, study show the smarter a person, the lazier that person get........lol.....

Isn't that what Mexicans (Immigrants) are for? :D
mexican_workers.gif

LOL the idea is decades old. It remembers the idea of Nazi Germany (the SS´s), which wanted to have their women bearing superior race babies. We all know of the outcome.

Does China want to follow the path?

LOL its not about racial breeding, but Genetic modification. :laugh:

well maybe it can cure baby from cancer,aids and many diseases.
as long as it manipulate DNA for the good of human being it's great.
but i don't think it's good to clone a baby's with superiority brain and high IQ.
nahh lives in place where everybody is genius just not fun anymore lol.

Actually, looking at these factors, I am even afraid china is cloning people! :P
1- Visual similarity between chinese people
2- China's cloning abilities in industrial production
3- Massive population
:omghaha:

What!! they havent done it yet? I thought HongWu was one of the genetically modified (smart?) one. :cry:
I say we make an army of clones from Mao Zedong's DNA :tup:

We must achieve high IQ quickly enough to figure out how to stop our enemies from gaining this technology.

I say we make an army of clones from Mao Zedong's DNA :tup:

We must achieve high IQ quickly enough to figure out how to stop our enemies from gaining this technology.
WOW a army of Mao´s clones? Why not? :lol:

Not a bad idea to try actually. If China goes ahead with this the entire world will pour money into this field. World will advance at a much faster rate.

USA conceived about a superior breed of human race in the 70s, about introducing the superior genetic characters, known as Eugenics. But the result didn't coincided with the expected lines.

Human evolution should follow the natural path, introducing foreign elements can be counterproductive and even fatal.

what a load of crock...haha

high IQ is not genetics, its probability, its is generated due to a slew of factors from self motivating instincts to the plethora of bombardment of stimulus during a child's early development cycle and much much more.

Not to mention a childs heuristical capabilities , environmental affect anomalies .

this is akin to saying lets mate Einstein and Marie curie and expect a super brain . Chinese are such bad bull shitters.

This is doomed to fail.

---to those who say its is unethical----

Challenging the scripture was also unethical back in the day......

anything that is to be done, should be done, but done right.

Back
Top Bottom