What's new

Chinese Scientists May Soon Be Able To Genetically Engineer Smarter Childre

Will this procedure work for people like you and Hong Wu or is it too late now??? :lol::lol::lol:

Nope. Too late. His IQ's low enough to interpret the word nature as God, so....

what a load of crock...haha

high IQ is not genetics, its probability, its is generated due to a slew of factors from self motivating instincts to the plethora of bombardment of stimulus during a child's early development cycle and much much more.

Not to mention a childs heuristical capabilities , environmental affect anomalies .

this is akin to saying lets mate Einstein and Marie curie and expect a super brain . Chinese are such bad bull shitters.

This is doomed to fail.

---to those who say its is unethical----

Challenging the scripture was also unethical back in the day......

anything that is to be done, should be done, but done right.

I was also wondering this. Is it really dependent on genes at all? All the people I've seen have had a completely intelligence level. There are no patterns in intelligence.

Also, I'm not worried about the ethics. I'm more concerned about the effects. IF (biiiig if) it's possible, it completely eliminates individuality. A nation of robotsis not good.

LOL its not about racial breeding, but Genetic modification. :laugh:
Do not delude yourself. Are these scientists going to expand their gene base to include non-Chinese ones? Not likely. Just like all the past experimentation by human kind to try to improve the human race, the first 'race' will be the one most familiar and identified with: one's self.

And the horror begins...Again...Last it was with the Japanese...Now it is with China.

This is ridiculous, don't mess with nature or else irreversible consequences will happen.

Do not delude yourself. Are these scientists going to expand their gene base to include non-Chinese ones? Not likely. Just like all the past experimentation by human kind to try to improve the human race, the first 'race' will be the one most familiar and identified with: one's self.

And the horror begins...Again...Last it was with the Japanese...Now it is with China.

No 'fense, but this kind of thing have the smells of proliferation all over it. If you're a parent would you want for your children to be "perfect?" Now even if you don't agree with it what about all the other doting parents all around the world.

I was also wondering this. Is it really dependent on genes at all? All the people I've seen have had a completely intelligence level. There are no patterns in intelligence.

Also, I'm not worried about the ethics. I'm more concerned about the effects. IF (biiiig if) it's possible, it completely eliminates individuality. A nation of robotsis not good.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...engineer-smarter-childre-2.html#ixzz2OFSAb8Q3

the only consistent patter i see in intelligence is the way a child is brought up. How the parents act and react around the child and if the parents actually know what there child is all about.

there only one mantra fr high iq ,and that's obsessive compulsiveness. Find something a child obsess about or train an obsession in them. and then nurture it and see it grow.

No 'fense, but this kind of thing have the smells of proliferation all over it. If you're a parent would you want for your children to be "perfect?" Now even if you don't agree with it what about all the other doting parents all around the world.

actually this sounds more like a marketing gimmick to bring more upper and uper middle class to spend money into this sector.

its akin to marketing products like creatine etc.its got Bull Shi* written all over it.

Intelligence is tricky. A one end of the spectrum there is genius and then at the other there is profound mental retardation. When genius is inherited, it can lead to either end of the spectrum. I know geniuses who have mental retardation commonly in their families. It seems it can go one way or the other. There is only so far it can go "up" whatever that is, since IQ scores basically measure how well you will do in school and not in life. In fact, people with genius IQ's have just as many social, emotional, etc. problems as those who have mental deficiencies. They are mirror images of one another.

Human genetics are adaptable and among hard working nations the average IQ increases over a number of generations!

as soon as i read this article only one thing came into my mind

x-men:first class
x_men_first_class_2011_movie-wide.jpg

Actually it's not a genetic engineering project. Engineering means designing by learning the natural phenomenon. It's just selecting the smartest/healtiest/strongest etc. sperm/egg from the mother's and father's gene pool. For making it a real genetic engineering project you actually need to change the genes. You don't do it in this project and this might lead to unpredictable results. I think it seems very natural. You just speed up the evolution :)

Have you ever watched the movie GATTACA? Same thing goes there.

It is news like this which makes one want to kill another :rofl:

1stly, NO ONE has identified 1 gene for intelligence...

2ndly, Genius: 1% t inspiration and 99% perspiration.

3rdly, when you alter 1 gene, any baseline scientist knows it is not just 1 gene that is affected!!

4thly, whoever announces such crap .....it also should be known what a liar that person is....We are nowhere near understanding how the brain even calculates a THOUGHT forget implanting it!! :blink:

mm how come I cannot fine any such news in Chinese media? I even searched Chinese social media and forum. Is this for real?

Sounds like tabloid.

Dumb idea since rich idiots like the Kardashians might actually be able to give birth to smarter children.

Back
Top Bottom