What's new

Chinese sailor completes record-breaking around the globe sail

In contrast to the chinese,India's Abhilash Tomi's circumnavigation was unassisted.

Except he took over 3 years and stopped all over the world, don't be the sour grape. A lot of people has sailed around the world, not many do it in one go and with such speed.

Are you REALLY LIVING IN AUSTRALIA??

Then why you never heard of this girl??

Jessica Watson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jessica Watson, 15 years old Australian Girl sail around the world non-stop unassisted for 210 days??

Aussie did that, and she was 15 then (now 20)

It's a great achievement. But was there anyone other than his family, immediate friends, and TV cameras to welcome him?

2012526102936427.jpg

Img357590769.jpg

001d094935da120ebdb702.jpg

149442928.jpg

2012526103035203.jpg

3388e51d1168b1fe8ab1b84ca20bb98f.jpg

201211201004264249.jpg

Congrads to China !!!
Great Dramatic Sceneries!!!

Except he took over 3 years and stopped all over the world, don't be the sour grape. A lot of people has sailed around the world, not many do it in one go and with such speed.
Actually, it is the Chinese members here who are sour grapes when they learned that others have done it BEFORE. You talk as if Guo Chuan did it without assistance from others and without learning from those who did before him.

I have no doubt that when China does land an astronaut on the Moon, China will spin it so that China is the first to land on the Moon. :lol:

You are the most sour grape here.The record is about speed, not about firsts. Stop making yourself look like a fool.
Actually, I said nothing about Guo Chuan. No negative comments about what he did. I even told a fellow American to leave you guys alone.

Actually, it is the Chinese members here who are sour grapes when they learned that others have done it BEFORE. You talk as if Guo Chuan did it without assistance from others and without learning from those who did before him.

I have no doubt that when China does land an astronaut on the Moon, China will spin it so that China is the first to land on the Moon. :lol:
Read the posts before ya you run your mouth. Everybody here is posting about a new world record and holier-than-thou 'murican comes and posts a link to some bull **** which has nothing to do with the world record at all. Who is the sour grape? You ******* Americans! :chilli::omghaha: GO CHOKE ON A GRAPE BOY

Read the posts before ya you run your mouth. Everybody here is posting about a new world record and holier-than-thou 'murican comes and posts a link to some bull **** which has nothing to do with the world record at all. Who is the sour grape? You ******* Americans! :chilli::omghaha: GO CHOKE ON A GRAPE BOY
I did read the posts. That is why I told my fellow American to stay out and let you guys have your fantasy.

Boy...

sometimes I wonder, is english still the first language of America? I know most don't like to read, but reading 2 paragraphs is not that hard is it.

It clearly says what record this is, and yet you guys post others who did the voyage.

This is like because someone ran a world record in 100 meters, and someone else ran a record in 400 meters and that 400 meters isn't a record, cause someone already has one in 100 meters.

Gentlemen, why raise a storm in a tea cup.
BTW I must say it is a cool looking rig.
Solo sailing is never easy, I am glad that he came home safe.

郭川后年再度挑战航海记录
2013年04月27日 14:57 青岛日报

Guo Chuan to challenge sailing record again a year after
At 14:57 on April 27 2013 Qingdao Daily

48-13042G45S2462.jpg

交通运输部副部长徐祖远日前在北京会见了“单人不间断环球航海中国第一人”、青岛籍船长郭川。郭川透露,在驾驶“青岛号”成就单人不间断环球航海伟业后,自己不会停止前进的脚步,而是计划在后年再度进行创世界纪录航海。

虽然已功成名就,但郭川表示自己不会固步自封。为了顺利完成环球航海,过去几年,郭川长期旅居欧洲,游学备战。而明年,他将继续把大本营移师至欧洲,与自己的教练团队筹备下一次远航。

“我计划在后年再度进行一次创世界纪录航海,到时候我会选择一条毗邻北极圈的航线,这条航线刚刚被国际帆联世界纪录委员会认定为一条可以挑战的航线,希望我能成为征服这条航线的世界第一人。这条航线的难度在于沿途遭遇浮冰乃至冰山的概率较大,因而最好的挑战时机是温度较高的夏天。另外,明年我还会参加一项久负盛名的远洋航海顶级赛事。” 郭川说。

徐祖远对郭川取得的成就给予充分肯定和高度评价。他表示,希望郭川的航海精神能激励更多人尤其是年轻人热爱海洋、关注海洋、挑战海洋,以饱满的热情投入到建设海洋强国的战略任务中来,在实现伟大“中国梦”的历史进程中书写自己的人生论文。徐祖远透露,2013年中国航海日活动组委会已决定邀请郭川担任这项活动的宣传大使。

Deputy Minister of Transport Xu Zuyuan met recently in Beijing, "China world sailing solo non-stop the first person," Captain Qingdao Ji Guo Chuan. Guo Chuan revealed that in driving "Qingdao number" achievement solo sailing around the world non-stop after Albert, he will not stop the pace, but once again in the year after plans for a world record sailing.

Although fame, but Kuo Chuan said he would not rest on its laurels. In order to successfully complete the Global Challenge, the past few years, Guo Chuan long sojourn in Europe, study tours for war. The next year, he will continue to base camp moved to Europe with his coaching team preparing for the next voyage.

"I plan in the year after a world record once again sailing, to the time I would choose a route near the Arctic Circle, this route has just been ISAF recognized as a world record can challenge the Commission's route, I hope I can be conquered this route is the first person in the world, which lies along the route of the difficulty encountered ice and even the probability of a larger iceberg, which is the best time to challenge the higher summer temperatures. Moreover, next year I will participate in a prestigious top offshore sailing race. "Guo Chuan said.

Chuan Guo Xu Zuyuan achievements fully affirmed and highly appraised. He expressed the hope that the spirit of Kuo Chuan nautical inspire more people, especially young people love the ocean, the ocean concerns, challenges the ocean, with enthusiasm into the task of building a strategic maritime power in the past, in the realization of the great "China Dream" historical process of writing their own life papers. Xu Zuyuan revealed that in 2013 China Navigation Day organizing committee has decided to invite Guo Chuan as the event ambassador.

google translation

1365303568658_0w.jpg

84400224.jpg

U334P4T426D190549F16470DT20130405124933.jpg

郭川爬上码头跪在妻儿面前。中新社发 徐崇德 摄
Guo Chuan climbs the pier to kneel in front of his wife and children. Xu Chongde agency issued photo

U334P4T426D190554F16470DT20130405130805.jpg

郭川与母亲在码头上相见。中新社发 徐崇德 摄
Guo Chuan meets his mother. Xu Chongde agency issued photo

U334P4T426D190555F16470DT20130405130809.jpg

热心的市民为郭川送上水饺。中新社发 徐崇德 摄
Enthusiastic people give Guo Chuan taste of dumplings. Xu Chongde agency issued photo

U334P4T426D190557F16470DT20130405125706.jpg

活动现场吸引大批媒体采访。中新社发 徐崇德 摄
Activities scene attracted a large number of media interviews. Xu Chongde agency issued photo

U334P4T426D190558F16470DT20130405125746.jpg

当地市民争相拍照一睹郭川风采。中新社发 徐崇德 摄
Local people have their photos to see Guo Chuan. Xu Chongde agency issued photo

google translation

Back
Top Bottom