What's new

Chinese sailor completes record-breaking around the globe sail

This is nothing。

When we were sailing all over the world,the Americans weren't even born。

And we will again sail to all the far corners of the world with our huge ships the way we did in Ming Dynasty over six hundreds years ago。

Are you REALLY LIVING IN AUSTRALIA??

Then why you never heard of this girl??

Jessica Watson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jessica Watson, 15 years old Australian Girl sail around the world non-stop unassisted for 210 days??

Aussie did that, and she was 15 then (now 20)

How is that relevant? I was responding to gambit's post.

I saw her comming into sydney harbor many years on the tv, She was not in a class 40 yacht but a smaller one, never sailed into the northern hemisphere (much shorter route) and as you said she pent 7 months at sea.

Perhaps use your head and think next time before you post more irrelevant crap.

Actually, it is the Chinese members here who are sour grapes when they learned that others have done it BEFORE. You talk as if Guo Chuan did it without assistance from others and without learning from those who did before him.

I have no doubt that when China does land an astronaut on the Moon, China will spin it so that China is the first to land on the Moon. :lol:

If you read the article and can actually look at the pictures postesd, class 40 yacht. Never done before, now don't tell me you've become a sailing expert overnight and start BSing as usual.

We all know you can use google to find who was first to sail across the globe.

I saw her comming into sydney harbor many years on the tv, She was not in a class 40 yacht but a smaller one, never sailed into the northern hemisphere (much shorter route) and as you said she pent 7 months at sea.

If you read the article and can actually look at the pictures postesd, class 40 yacht. Never done before, now don't tell me you've become a sailing expert overnight and start BSing as usual.

correct! just ignore them as much as possible.

they are the biggest China bashing trolls on the forum! Their drivels only stop when they've reached their fantasies of floodiing lake superior to a deluge

Nobody from China have been sour grapes since we alll know such trips do happen quite a few times.

The only distinction for him is two: his small boat, and his speed considering his small boats.

Apparently, you are the real sour grape.

Actually, it is the Chinese members here who are sour grapes when they learned that others have done it BEFORE. You talk as if Guo Chuan did it without assistance from others and without learning from those who did before him.

I have no doubt that when China does land an astronaut on the Moon, China will spin it so that China is the first to land on the Moon. :lol:

lol, but then I am not the one who say this

A lot of people has sailed around the world, not many do it in one go and with such speed.

You do know right after Jessie come back, another girl set sail around the world (I think she is French or something) trying to break her record. So is it NOT MANY can do it with one go and with that speed? I beg to differ

By the way, the Southern Route is Harder than the Nor then route, as there are no land mass over the southern route and the route in southern Australia (Especially the one she get into the sound from Indian Ocean) are tougher as there are no land mass to dissipate the wind. Which will blow around the world and pick up speed. IT's hard to come in from that direction. Not to mention its much, MUCH more dangerous

lol, but then I am not the one who say this

You do know right after Jessie come back, another girl set sail around the world (I think she is French or something) trying to break her record. So is it NOT MANY can do it with one go and with that speed? I beg to differ

By the way, the Southern Route is Harder than the Nor then route, as there are no land mass over the southern route and the route in southern Australia (Especially the one she get into the sound from Indian Ocean) are tougher as there are no land mass to dissipate the wind. Which will blow around the world and pick up speed. IT's hard to come in from that direction. Not to mention its much, MUCH more dangerous

Larger yachts are always going to be harder to sail on your own, but they are typically faster. The super maxi in Sydney to Hobart demonstrate this, a 40 feet yacht is always going to be a different league to a 34 one (Ella's pink lady).

In terms of route taken, there is no evidence that southern hemisphere is much more dangerous route ( you are merely speculating) . For majority of the journey the two had the exact same route, Inever compared the routes in terms of difficulty in the first place, I wouldn't know but the factual observation is that a much longer route is required to sail from qingdao than it is from Sydney.

You also beg to differ that only a limited number of individuals has sailed solo non stop around the world? Really?

Larger yachts are always going to be harder to sail on your own, but they are typically faster. The super maxi in Sydney to Hobart demonstrate this, a 40 feet yacht is always going to be a different league to a 34 one (Ella's pink lady).

In terms of route taken, there is no evidence that southern hemisphere is much more dangerous route ( you are merely speculating) . For majority of the journey the two had the exact same route, Inever compared the routes in terms of difficulty in the first place, I wouldn't know but the factual observation is that a much longer route is required to sail from qingdao than it is from Sydney.

You also beg to differ that only a limited number of individuals has sailed solo non stop around the world? Really?

get tired of talking to you........

I am not going to say anything more, just read

-Going South (East) is easier than Going North (West)

Circumnavigation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How many people sail solo around the world.

Jessica Watson and Circumnavigation

just read..........

Back
Top Bottom