What's new

Chinese Prototype For Electromagnetic Catapults For Aircraft Carriers

Could be, im not going to take the time to look it up, but take the other 'closeup' photos with a grain of salt, and any info the blog is trying to spew that isn't verified by other good sources, they've already proven at least a bit faulty with that false photo.

The photo is not false, it already exists in the Google Map, but i bet that you couldn't find it, since most of Americans can't even point out the exact location of China. :lol:

Götterdämmerung;2884822 said:
How about this: Doge

Look at the price tag.

Or this: Notebooks, Tablet-PCs, Desktops, PCs, Computer, Zubehör | Lenovo | DE

See, as I said, you guys have the talent to embarrass yourself. How on earth can you brag about BPO doing simple call-centre and coding jobs? Advance economies outsource their BPO that's why we have very little BPO in Germany but we have a lot of front shops all over the world selling our top range products. The little BPO we have are only for German customers since we Germans don't have to speak a foreign language in our daily life unlike some former colonies. China is also catching up with front shops as more and more of their companies are selling their products under their own brand and the BPO they have is also mostly for internal consumption.

If you were clever, you would show me the data of your ICT business, which requires a hell lot of more technology and business acumen. Also, a lot of your BPO relies on the telecom equipments from China like Huawei and ZTE.

There is a German fan-site for Xiaomi.
MIUI / Xiaomi Tech « MIUI GERMANY | MIUI
This is why its hard to have an engaging debate with people that only know words like MAGLEV, advanced economies, BPO, ICT et al without knowing the crux of the matter. The west not only outsources backend call centre jobs to ENG speaking countries like IND but more importantly they employs millions of CN for contract manufacturing, guess why cause its cheaper ! CN will never catch up with IND in the BPO sector or ITES for that matter as most of them require ENG as their primary lang, now KPO/LPO are also similar to BPO but require graduates or PG's in most cases btw you can google those terms cause you certainly don't seem to know much beyond the generic word outsourcing !

As far as ZTE/Huawei are concerned its again their costs which makes them the preferred choice with our telcos, now don't start claiming that CN invented the cellphone or developed 3G/4G cause there are far more advanced firms like Motorola/Nokia-Siemens/Ericsson/Alcatel-Lucent that are already present in the IND market but haven't expanded exponentially just because of this one(cost) factor & I for one believe that the quality of their products is certainly superior. So before you go on bragging about your love affair with CN do some digging & stop spouting uninformed cr@p for once !

The photo is not false, it already exists in the Google Map, but i bet that you couldn't find it, since most of Americans can't even point out the exact location of China. :lol:

You didn't read my first post did you? If you did, read it again.

I am not disputing the google maps photo, nor do I care enough to look it up. Once again I am disputing the closeup photos provided which are passed off as being part of the Chinese EMALS prototype when at least one of them is in fact of the US EMALS system.

It would serve you well not to rush to defend without looking at what you are defending. It would save you some embarassment:rolleyes:

That goes for those who thanked that post as well :lol:

This is why its hard to have an engaging debate with people that only know words like MAGLEV, advanced economies, BPO, ICT et al without knowing the crux of the matter. The west not only outsources backend call centre jobs to ENG speaking countries like IND but more importantly they employs millions of CN for contract manufacturing, guess why cause its cheaper ! CN will never catch up with IND in the BPO sector or ITES for that matter as most of them require ENG as their primary lang, now KPO/LPO are also similar to BPO but require graduates or PG's in most cases btw you can google those terms cause you certainly don't seem to know much beyond the generic word outsourcing !

As far as ZTE/Huawei are concerned its again their costs which makes them the preferred choice with our telcos, now don't start claiming that CN invented the cellphone or developed 3G/4G cause there are far more advanced firms like Motorola/Nokia-Siemens/Ericsson/Alcatel-Lucent that are already present in the IND market but haven't expanded exponentially just because of this one(cost) factor & I for one believe that the quality of their products is certainly superior. So before you go on bragging about your love affair with CN do some digging & stop spouting uninformed cr@p for once !

Come out of the little well you are stuck in. India's BPO pales not only in the light of China's OEM and contract manufacturing but also IT industry in size and in technological depth.

FYI, the West does not consist of English speaking countries. German, French or Italian engineers/consumers don't want to speak English if they need backup, they want to speak in their mother tongue. The same is with China, and of course China will never catch up with India's BPO outsourcing from foreign countries since they already have enough customers to handle in China.

Since European Telcom companies are also buying Huawei and ZTE products to modernise their infrastructure and we are by far a more sophisticated and demanding market than the Indian market, your claim that it's the price and not the quality that matters is nonsense.

Forget locating china, most Americans couldn't locate AMERICA on a map.

your post and the general ignorance provided brings me to assume you are either trolling, exceedingly ignorant, or a very young child.

for your dignity I will assume the best, so head off to school little boy.:)

You didn't read my first post did you? If you did, read it again.

It would serve you well not to rush to defend without looking at what you are defending. It would save you some embarassment:rolleyes:

That goes for those who thanked that post as well :lol:

lol, i did know the EMALS prototype 2 years ago, but since i saw this article is conveniently written in English that most posters here can understand, even though it is a blog article, so i just posted it here.

Just type the latitude 30 59 10 and the longitude 121 20 27, i am sure you could find it. :coffee:

Latitude and Longitude of a Point

your post and the general ignorance provided brings me to assume you are either trolling, exceedingly ignorant, or a very young child.

for your dignity I will assume the best, so head off to school little boy.:)
Aaahhh...Suffer the boy. Just another Chinese conscript reject trying to make something out of himself on a military oriented forum.

Götterdämmerung;2886108 said:
Come out of the little well you are stuck in. India's BPO pales not only in the light of China's OEM and contract manufacturing but also IT industry in size and in technological depth.

FYI, the West does not consist of English speaking countries. German, French or Italian engineers/consumers don't want to speak English if they need backup, they want to speak in their mother tongue. The same is with China, and of course China will never catch up with India's BPO outsourcing from foreign countries since they already have enough customers to handle in China.

Since European Telcom companies are also buying Huawei and ZTE products to modernise their infrastructure and we are by far a more sophisticated and demanding market than the Indian market, your claim that it's the price and not the quality that matters is nonsense.
i dont know when they can get the idea that India is a primitive society (economically, technologicially and politically) defined by WIPO, one thing is for sure that they are either born to be delusional or someone does their brain collectively

there is another fact that almost 90% of their IT services output are for foreign usage, their primitive virtual market is negletable compared to its 1.2billion mass```even worse that their entire IT industry's output is like 1/5 of China's if to be conservative, meanwhile almost all of the IT software output and most hardware in China is consumed internally.

so when Indian laughing at Chinese in terms of techs is like Chinese laughing at German that they cant make good cars``

That's a given since CN has the world's second largest economy therefore its IT market is greater in size, you don't have to have a Ph.D to get that. Then comes tech depth but you don't even know what you're talking about ? Apart from ZTE/Huawei tell me another hardware manufacture that is "innovative" or a world leader in tech breakthroughs besides they're following in the footsteps of their Western peers in ICT not leading them !

You're talking about a market size of ~10% as compared to their ENG speaking counterparts, yay way to go. IND itself is an unprecedentedly large market as far as local languages are concerned & no EU or other region comes even close to the diversity we have here !

Lastly if isn't within your grasp to comprehend the difference between cheap alternatives & superior products I can't spoon feed you all the time ! Its not like ZTE/Huawei is deploying 5G in EU but rather the telcos over their cannot afford the extra cost that comes with the local manufacturers & as far as quality is concerned everyone knows that the latter are far more reliable.

Huawei, Lenovo, ZTE do not produce upper middle class goods. They produce budget stuff.

Also, gottersomething....price of Lenovo? That's an argument? How many upper middle class people you know with Lenovo stuff? I can count 10 that have other manufacturers' goods before i get to the first one that has a Lenovo laptop. i don't know any Huawei users and i never heard of ZTE before i came here.
They might be upper middle class goods in China but over here they are not.

The preamp/audio company you listed-im guessing that's just about the only thing. I asked around a bit (im in the media industry,so i know people that work with sound for their entire life) and indeed they said it is a decent product.
However that's a niche product, not something you pull out of your hat and claim high tech advances all over.

It is the price. Undoubtedly the technology works, however the deciding factor is price.

That's a given since CN has the world's second largest economy therefore its IT market is greater in size, you don't have to have a Ph.D to get that. Then comes tech depth but you don't even know what you're talking about ? Apart from ZTE/Huawei tell me another hardware manufacture that is "innovative" or a world leader in tech breakthroughs besides they're following in the footsteps of their Western peers in ICT not leading them !

You're talking about a market size of ~10% as compared to their ENG speaking counterparts, yay way to go. IND itself is an unprecedentedly large market as far as local languages are concerned & no EU or other region comes even close to the diversity we have here !

Lastly if isn't within your grasp to comprehend the difference between cheap alternatives & superior products I can't spoon feed you all the time ! Its not like ZTE/Huawei is deploying 5G in EU but rather the telcos over their cannot afford the extra cost that comes with the local manufacturers & as far as quality is concerned everyone knows that the latter are far more reliable.

Whether they only follow or being innovative does not matter, as long as they are doing well business wise is all that matters.

When it comes to telco infrastructure, reliability is the most important factor and cannot be compromised with unreliable quality, particularly in high developed countries like Germany. Downtime is a business killer and you don't want to experience the sh*tstorm of complaints coming from your costumers.

If even our telcos cannot afford the extra costs, what can poor India afford?

Huawei, Lenovo, ZTE do not produce upper middle class goods. They produce budget stuff.

Also, gottersomething....price of Lenovo? That's an argument? How many upper middle class people you know with Lenovo stuff? I can count 10 that have other manufacturers' goods before i get to the first one that has a Lenovo laptop. i don't know any Huawei users and i never heard of ZTE before i came here.
They might be upper middle class goods in China but over here they are not.

The preamp/audio company you listed-im guessing that's just about the only thing. I asked around a bit (im in the media industry,so i know people that work with sound for their entire life) and indeed they said it is a decent product.
However that's a niche product, not something you pull out of your hat and claim high tech advances all over.

It is the price. Undoubtedly the technology works, however the deciding factor is price.

You claim to be from the EU and don't even know the word Götterdämmerung. Clueless or just a question of education?

I was asking you to look at the price tags of the hifi systems. 1500 € for a CD player is not exactly what the average Joe is willing to pay, right?

In regard of Lenovo, it just shows how clueless you are. Lenovo has a wide range of prices, from the economy class to business class. Most former IBM users have switched over to Lenovo after its PC sector was sold to Lenovo. Take the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 as an example. It cost around 2000 €, which is at a similar price of a MacBook Pro.

I have plenty of friends in Germany who use the Lenovo as a working machine and for the fun an Apple. They all are either doctors, lawyers, art directors, film producers or journalists. Not exactly the factory worker, ey?

of course the audio stuffs are a niche product, since most people would rather pay a faction of the price to get some decent quality. The question is whether China does produce high-end consumer products and china indeed does.

BTW, the other day, a very good friend of mine just bought a piano for his children and it was a Chinese made piano, which the seller said has the same sound quality as a Steinway but for a 30 % less. similar priced pianos from other producers don't have the same quality. Anyway, I'm looking forward to listening the child's performance on the piano.

Last edited by a moderator:
Götterdämmerung;2888819 said:
You claim to be from the EU and don't even know the word Götterdämmerung. Clueless or just a question of education?

Yeah, classical music education is all the rage and pays millions nowadays.
Knowing Mozart gets you into all the clubs and reciting Handel gets all the girls wet! Right?...:rolleyes:

In regard of Lenovo, it just shows how clueless you are. Lenovo has a wide range of prices, from the economy class to business class. Most former IBM users have switched over to Lenovo after its PC sector was sold to Lenovo. Take the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 as an example. It cost around 2000 €, which is at a similar price of a MacBook Pro.
I have plenty of friends in Germany who use the Lenovo as a working machine and for the fun an Apple. They all are either doctors, lawyers, art directors, film producers or journalists. Not exactly the factory worker, ey?

Well, i wont speculate any further i can just say most people i know have HP's, iPod's, Samsung's, Nokia's etc...

Also, why do you think they use it at work? Who buys it for work use? Someone that has to keep costs at a minimum maybe? hint:most IBM users. Who were they?

BTW, the other day, a very good friend of mine just bought a piano for his children and it was a Chinese made piano, which the seller said has the same sound quality as a Steinway but for a 30 % less. similar priced pianos from other producers don't have the same quality. Anyway, I'm looking forward to listening the child's performance on the piano.

Well ofcourse he said that...you come off as really gullible, sorry.
.....ever saw a seller that doesn't say his merchandise is just as good as anyone else's but at a lower price?

of course the audio stuffs are a niche product, since most people would rather pay a faction of the price to get some decent quality. The question is whether China does produce high-end consumer products and china indeed does.

A bit courageous to base that assumption on a company that makes glorified CD players and amplifiers, no? Especially seeing that you make this claim inclusive of a lot of other products based on performance of a single company in a niche sector.

Yeah, classical music education is all the rage and pays millions nowadays.
Knowing Mozart gets you into all the clubs and reciting Handel gets all the girls wet! Right?...:rolleyes:

It's called general education or general knowledge. The Götterdämmerung is not only music composed by Wagner but also the foundation of the Germanic/Nordic culture.

Knowing classical music does not exclude me of being up to date with the latest club music, Mr. Simpleton!

Well, i wont speculate any further i can just say most people i know have HP's, iPod's, Samsung's, Nokia's etc...

Also, why do you think they use it at work? Who buys it for work use? Someone that has to keep costs at a minimum maybe? hint:most IBM users. Who were they?

Now, you are arguing like my Indian friends and flaunting with your ignorance. HP :lol:, the most expensive HP laptop is under 700 €, the most expensive Samsung laptop NP700G7A-S02DE around 1500 €.

May I ask you why you brought in the iPod and Nokia both of which are not related to a laptop?

And yes of course more people use these brands, since they have been on the market for at least a decade and also, as you cansee, they are cheaper than Lenovo. :lol:

Do you also know that IBM was the most expensive computers for professionals when it was still producing laptops? Professionals used IBM because it was reliable, particularly people in the IT industry (who should know what is a good computer) loved the ThinkPad.

Goodness, can you stop making me feel embarrassed by displaying your ignorance!?

Well ofcourse he said that...you come off as really gullible, sorry.
.....ever saw a seller that doesn't say his merchandise is just as good as anyone else's but at a lower price?

Just look at the above and tell me who is the gullible!

A bit courageous to base that assumption on a company that makes glorified CD players and amplifiers, no? Especially seeing that you make this claim inclusive of a lot of other products based on performance of a single company in a niche sector.

Err, that website sells various Chinese high-end hi-fi brands, duh! And stop being dishonest! You claimed that there are not a single one Chinese product in the upscale market.

Back
Top Bottom