What's new

Chinese progress provokes aggression amongst Indians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nemenis bro they dont/cant see the millions of Tibetans that have been exceuted in Tibet....and the way Tibetans are oppressed and intimidated...

coz its the Tibetans who are being executed whereas the hans are flourishing there more and more...!!!!!

no doubt they cant see it.....

The question is, can you see?

If you still have dignity left after comparing the average chinese income with that of an american or even a russian, then why wouldn't we?

Besides, you have to look at it in terms of PPP, as in what can that person really accomplish with the money he makes, not just what it amounts to in dollar terms.

PPP is the most idiotic way of measuring money. If you have 5 bucks, you have 5 bucks. No other way of measuring it. I never heard of PPP until I come into this forum hearing how India has the 4th largest economy on the earth. I know its using PPP to calculate, which is blatently false.

PPP is the most idiotic way of measuring money. If you have 5 bucks, you have 5 bucks. No other way of measuring it. I never heard of PPP until I come into this forum hearing how India has the 4th largest economy on the earth. I know its using PPP to calculate, which is blatently false.

Yes. But on Taiwan ptt, the tw guys are also self-comforting by the superior to Mainland China's low GDP per capita, ignoring the fact that 3 Chinese provinces, named Guangdong, Shandong, Jiangsu, probobly alos Zhejiang, has surpassed Taiwan in GDP and also neglecting the enlarging gap beween tw and Korea, Hong Kong and Singapore. It's largest enterprise Hon Hai(Foxconn) is still doing the toughest labor intensive OEM, which is considered a sweatshop. The Korea has 3 major exports, named semi-conduct industry, Ship-bulding industry and automobile& heavy equipment industry. While Taiwan can only compete with Korea in Semi-conduct fields, and have few own brand like sumsung. What will you do if the Mainland keep raising its human cost? Move to Vietnam and India? I dont know facing the narrowing gap and stronger China, where is your superior and safty feeling from? You should have more crisis awareness than the Japanese do if you still want to keep "Independent". Or else, your democracy and your Uncle Sam wont help you.:china:

Yes. But on Taiwan ptt, the tw guys are also self-comforting by the superior to Mainland China's low GDP per capita, ignoring the fact that 3 Chinese provinces, named Guangdong, Shandong, Jiangsu, probobly alos Zhejiang, has surpassed Taiwan in GDP and also neglecting the enlarging gap beween tw and Korea, Hong Kong and Singapore. It's largest enterprise Hon Hai(Foxconn) is still doing the toughest labor intensive OEM, which is considered a sweatshop. The Korea has 3 major exports, named semi-conduct industry, Ship-bulding industry and automobile& heavy equipment industry. While Taiwan can only compete with Korea in Semi-conduct fields, and have few own brand like sumsung. What will you do if the Mainland keep raising its human cost? Move to Vietnam and India? I dont know facing the narrowing gap and stronger China, where is your superior and safty feeling from? You should have more crisis awareness than the Japanese do if you still want to keep "Independent". Or else, your democracy and your Uncle Sam wont help you.:china:

True, Taiwan is not doing to well in the last 10 years. One of the reasons is that many Taiwanese companies was relocated to mainland china. Taiwan need to find the next area to grow and develop.

True, Taiwan is not doing to well in the last 10 years. One of the reasons is that many Taiwanese companies was relocated to mainland china. Taiwan need to find the next area to grow and develop.

faithfulguy, the main reason for Taiwan not doing well in the last

decade=refusal of direct trade with mainland China.

I don't think it will be a wise move to find the next area while mainland

China is more than willing to direct trade, it will benifit both in the long

run. It sure will bring us closer and better understanding than before.

http://www.dfat.gov.au/geo/taiwan/taiwan_brief.html:china::cheers:

faithfulguy, the main reason for Taiwan not doing well in the last

decade=refusal of direct trade with mainland China.

I don't think it will be a wise move to find the next area while mainland

China is more than willing to direct trade, it will benifit both in the long

run. It sure will bring us closer and better understanding than before.

http://www.dfat.gov.au/geo/taiwan/taiwan_brief.html:china::cheers:

maybe this has some affect. But hte main reason is because most companies in Taiwan was moved to China because of cheaper labor. Taiwan had attempted to acquire more advance industry but its not sufficient to replace the jobs that were moved to China. As a result Taiwanese economy suffered. Japan and Korea, on the other hand, rely more on heavy industry.

Japanese economy also faltered because its not able to replace its heavy industry jobs thats lost to Korea/China with sufficient information industry jobs that had power the US economy. As a result, Japan's economy went from 1/2 of US economy in GDP to less than 1/3 it is today. US economy is one of the healthiest in the industrialized world.

China must manage its economy wisely and continue to develop more advance industry year after year if it doesn't want to suffer the fate of Taiwan and Japan. Best of lucks

While the Chinese has a Shanzhai spirit, which is often laughed at by the Taiwan people and other sour guys. But it is most cherishable. They Chinese believe they can producing everything the developed countries can do by patterning at the beginning and improve later. Baidu. QQ, Taobao are more successful in China than their competitor Google, MSN, Ebay. China produces its own cars.Private owned Cheery, Geely, BYD is making fast progress. China produces most of its household electrical appliances. It has become the largest ship-builder in this year. It is even making its own passenger aeroplane. Due to its scale, China will compete with all countries in all fields besides raw materials.
The future wont be easy, for the Chinese is snatching the world's job.

PPP is the most idiotic way of measuring money. I never heard of PPP until I come into this forum hearing how India has the 4th largest economy on the earth. I know its using PPP to calculate, which is blatently false.

When people know nothing about economics, they really shouldnt be posting. PPP is the only accurate way of measuring an economy.

f you have 5 bucks, you have 5 bucks. No other way of measuring it.

Yes, but i can use the 5 bucks to buy more things in India, than the US. Therein lies the difference. Hence the usage of purchasing power parity.

When people know nothing about economics, they really shouldnt be posting. PPP is the only accurate way of measuring an economy.

Yes, but i can use the 5 bucks to buy more things in India, than the US. Therein lies the difference. Hence the usage of purchasing power parity.

PPP would be a good way to measure economy is the economy is isolated and has not trade. But with a global economy, 5 bucks in US is 5 bucks in India.

So for the poor, it might not be different. But for the middle class and above, the real amount, not PPP, is what counts.

While the Chinese has a Shanzhai spirit, which is often laughed at by the Taiwan people and other sour guys. But it is most cherishable. They Chinese believe they can producing everything the developed countries can do by patterning at the beginning and improve later. Baidu. QQ, Taobao are more successful in China than their competitor Google, MSN, Ebay. China produces its own cars.Private owned Cheery, Geely, BYD is making fast progress. China produces most of its household electrical appliances. It has become the largest ship-builder in this year. It is even making its own passenger aeroplane. Due to its scale, China will compete with all countries in all fields besides raw materials.
The future wont be easy, for the Chinese is snatching the world's job.

Dude, I guess you are still new to this forum. When you talk about Chinese companies and accomplishments, its a direct insult to the ego of many of the members in here.

What is Shanzhai spirit? Can you write it in Chinese, preferably traditional chinese, so I can understand it. I'll retranslate it if necessary.

Dehati Ho Ka ( Are you a villager?) .... :bunny:

Or Do you even lack the basic knowledge to understand Purchase Power Parity (PPP):hitwall:. As an example:

In india I can get an egg for a dime in big cities and .75 dime in small cities. The same egg will cost be a couple of dimes in U.S or some other European nation. Now the value of that egg is same to me whether I consume it in India or in Europe. So even if I spend less in nominal terms I am spending the same as someone in Europe. My budget ( the CPI basket) will cost be less $'s in India as compared to U.S given the baskets are the same. Now even know if you think that PPP is an idiotic way then I would say that you should be taking some economics classes.

The simple point being PPP as a standard of living determines the capability of a consumer to consume different products minus the effects of exchange rate difference.

Hope it helps

PPP would be a good way to measure economy is the economy is isolated and has not trade. But with a global economy, 5 bucks in US is 5 bucks in India.

So for the poor, it might not be different. But for the middle class and above, the real amount, not PPP, is what counts.

The Price of a Honda Accord in Indian market is half that in the US markets. So much for a middle class & above rant. Period.

I would say that it depends on the CPI basket. Lets say a person in India can afford X times a CPI basket ( standardized). If a person in U.S or China can afford the same basket the same X no. of times then both have the same standard of living. It doesnt matter if the person in India spends less dollars to purchase the same.

Dehati Ho Ka ( Are you a villager?) .... :bunny:

Or Do you even lack the basic knowledge to understand Purchase Power Parity (PPP):hitwall:. As an example:

In india I can get an egg for a dime in big cities and .75 dime in small cities. The same egg will cost be a couple of dimes in U.S or some other European nation. Now the value of that egg is same to me whether I consume it in India or in Europe. So even if I spend less in nominal terms I am spending the same as someone in Europe. My budget ( the CPI basket) will cost be less $'s in India as compared to U.S given the baskets are the same. Now even know if you think that PPP is an idiotic way then I would say that you should be taking some economics classes.

The simple point being PPP as a standard of living determines the capability of a consumer to consume different products minus the effects of exchange rate difference.

Hope it helps

You are only looking at the eggs and produced which its produced locally. In a global economy, eggs and milk are not good examples. So don't be so arrogant and use eggs as a measurement of economic activity. In the US, basic items likes eggs and milk and veges are a very minute portion of the expenditure. We buys stuff like Brie cheese from France, electronics from Japan and even grapes from Chile. So think globally. Otherwise, your country would be left further and further behind. I do not think India is insolated from the world economy as how you think.

:hitwall: Lets try this one last time.

Five dollars in the USA would be about 200 bucks in India.

I can buy more things in India using the 200 bucks that i have - than i would be able too with the five bucks in the USA. For example i can go watch avatar in 3-d in a multiplex using the 200 bucks that i have. You think Avatar in 3-d in US costs 5 bucks? Think again. The average ticket prices in the US is 8 dollars for a normal movie. How much more expensive would it be for a 3-d feature?

Similarly, a car would cost less in India than the same car in the US. Same goes for lap tops, ipods, etc etc. Get it?

The Price of a Honda Accord in Indian market is half that in the US markets. So much for a middle class & above rant. Period.

I would say that it depends on the CPI basket. Lets say a person in India can afford X times a CPI basket ( standardized). If a person in U.S or China can afford the same basket the same X no. of times then both have the same standard of living. It doesnt matter if the person in India spends less dollars to purchase the same.

I am interested in knowing how much does Honda Accord cost in india?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom