What's new

Chinese professor calls Pakistan not a good country, especially anything with f*cking 'stan' in name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it was lost in the translation. In the context of his speech, the translation should be
"* stan are not doing well, ..." instead of
"* stan is no good"
There is significant difference between the two translations.

Although our stan neighbours are not economically performing well at the moment(sorry to put out the harsh reality here if this offend you), it is still not nice to put your ally or friendly neighbors in a bad example. Given the background of this professor of material science, it would be hard to expect the elegant and politically correct wording from him. Besides, there is no election campaign in China and most people are not trained to speak elegantly.

Well folks I am still very fond of China and its relationship with Pakistan. But today I came across this video.

Yes it's from Werleman and he does criticise China a lot, but the content is quite clear. The professor is leading a lecture and Q & A about the situation in Zinjiang. He comes to the topic of Muslim nations and begins to list them from 0.28 onwards. He names Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Pakistan. He then proceeds to say that anything with "f*cking stan' is no good, including beloved brother country Pakistan.

Now if these were the view of a ordinary individual I wouldn't be concerned but this man is a doctoral supervisor at Zhejiang University, attached to the department of engineering and has influence. .

Please see here;

https://person.zju.edu.cn/en/zhengqiang

info

He's influential and has such views, which he then propagates to his audience. I hope our Chinese members can put this man right, and I worry just how wide spread such a view like this, especially when you take into account his status.

I have watched the video. As someone who is fluent in Chinese, I think his speech has been taken out of context.

What he is saying Western countries are surrendering China and is working hard to destabilize Xinjiang as Xinjiang is most developed and prosperous region in Central Asia. It is doing better than all the countries with Stan in names in Central Asia in terms of economic development. His speech has no hostility towards Pakistan or these CA countries.

The words 他妈的 is close to “damn” in English. Some people use it 5 million times a day but it is not a polite language. I do feel he should be more careful with his language, particularly being an university professor who is supposed to uphold high standard. His speech can be edited, mis translated and misused to undermine the relationship with our friendly countries, which is what happens here. He probably never thought his speech can be used for such purpose.

The statement in the tweet that Chinese must ethnically cleanse Uyghur Muslims is a pure propaganda work.

Anything with -stan?? Hitler didnt like it.

Standartenführer

SS-Standartenführer ([ʃtanˈdaʁtn̩.fyːʀɐ], "standard leader") was a Nazi Party (NSDAP) paramilitary rank that was used in several NSDAP organizations, such as the SA, SS, NSKK and the NSFK.[1][2] First founded as a title in 1925, in 1928 the rank became one of the first commissioned NSDAP ranks and was bestowed upon those SA and SS officers who commanded units known as Standarten which were regiment-sized formations of between three hundred and five hundred men.[1]

You say not friendly which is right. He also lumped Pakistan in a derogatory manner, how on earth is Pakistan also connected to those other states?
But anyway, I can't see a good angle on this.

Its because pak-istan has istan in it thats why it was lumped up. There was nothing derogatory in my opinion. You can ask other chinese speakers.

Last edited:
I went through all 14 pages of this thread and the most shocking thing to me is that our Chinese friends who post NON STOP on PDF, like to the point of having their new threads make up to 40% of "new posts and threads" feed, have not said anything here.

it's almost like their job is just to post pro China content here and if confronted with ugly realities, to run away.

The other problem they have is that this thread was created by a mod, so they can't do their usual play of going off topic, personal insults and then tagging mods to get this shut down.

Now I do appreciate our Chinese friends who have responded, but they are not the ones making nonstop pro Chinese threads on this site....

Just an observation :toast_sign:

I went through all 14 pages of this thread and the most shocking thing to me is that our Chinese friends who post NON STOP on PDF, like to the point of having their new threads make up to 40% of "new posts and threads" feed, have not said anything here.

it's almost like their job is just to post pro China content here and if confronted with ugly realities, to run away.

The other problem they have is that this thread was created by a mod, so they can't do their usual play of going off topic, personal insults and then tagging mods to get this shut down.

Now I do appreciate our Chinese friends who have responded, but they are not the ones making nonstop pro Chinese threads on this site....

Bro, when I read a Catholic book, It wrote that "most of countries that pray for Jesus ( EU,Sing,US etc) r richer than none praying Jesus nations. Of course I stop reading after that.

So, same for CN when making propaganda .CN will not stop saying that Xinjiang ( east Turkistan) is much better, much wealthier than another "stan" nations. If "stan" nations still decide to ally wt CN, then they must accept that propaganda. Just like Catholic book never stop writing that "most of countries that pray for Jesus ( EU,Sing,US etc) r richer than none praying Jesus nations.

The one that make Anti China thread non-stop and flooding this section with low quality (troll threads) is your banned friend a.k.a striver44 :lol:

Even honestly, that have effects on promoting China for indifferent people :enjoy:

Wtf are you talking about??? Didn't some Chinese members already pointed out it is a lost in translation??? Are you sure you have gone through all the pages???
This is a video taken from early 2010s, 2012 to be exact, it is a time when we shout 'PK iron brother' ‘巴铁’ all day and night.. And it is picked up by someone almost a decade later in 2020 with intentional mistranslation. It is obviously used for someone's agenda..
Let me tell you, back 10 years ago, social media was not so developed, people like this professor choose language more casually than today. Like this word '他妈的' should not be translated into 'fucking' in this scenario, but rather a word used to emphasis, like 'freaking' at the most. People use it million times in daily conversations.. Nowadays because everyone watch videos on social media, so when someone gives a speech, they choose words very carefully to not make any mistake, and become a internet celebrity.
And also let me tell you, back 10 years ago, there was no much western propaganda against our Xinjiang province like today, relationship between both the government and the people of China and PK was like this:
t01bdbec5bec8be415b.jpg

I know it because I visit this forum and another forum called 'pakistanidefence' and yet another one called 'defencetalk' very regularly since 2006 or so, although I did not have an account back then, I saw Chinese members shout 'PK iron brother' all day and night back then, both in Chinese forums and international forums, and PK forums...
But now, there are more and more west brainwashed people like you, and we all know what is your agenda.

For those Chinese members who do not comment on this thread, you are right on that this thread is started by Waz, a moderator we have great respect and a good friend of us. But you are BS about 'because we could not play insulting...bla..bla..in this thread started by Waz'...The true reason is we do not want to make misunderstanding with a great moderator by involving too much in this thread. Matter of fact, I also thought for a while before determining to post in this thread.

Last edited:
The one that make Anti China thread non-stop and flooding this section with low quality (troll threads) is your banned friend a.k.a striver44 :lol:

Even honestly, that have effects on promoting China for indifferent people :enjoy:
yeah yeah, like 5 Chinese who have a full time job of posting nonstop for 10 years and your only response is "but that one guy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom