What's new

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao's Visit to India

British colonised other countries too including Australia, US , Pakistan , Bangladesh etc etc...

Do u hold the same for them too or is it India exclusive expert opinion of urs???

What you are saying is just because those countries were conlonised my country has to be colonised too.

What you are saying is just because those countries were conlonised my country has to be colonised too.

???? where did i say that??? :what:

Colonisation is a thing of past... World has moved from it long time back.. You guys still bring it to discussions... whats the relvalance of it nowadays??

British colonised other countries too including Australia, US , Pakistan , Bangladesh etc etc...

Do u hold the same for them too or is it India exclusive expert opinion of urs???

Nobdy takes pride in tht except indians...search the threads u will find indians making remarks like how awesome tht era was etc ... B.S

My homeland was occupied for around 46 years... but power was still with the ruler who maybe was governed by the brits.... we hardly saw them ....ers in public...coz they were shyt scared of us.

Nobdy takes pride in tht except indians...search the threads u will find indians making remarks like how awesome tht era was etc ... B.S

My homeland was occupied for around 46 years... but power was still with the ruler who maybe was governed by the brits.... we hardly saw them ....ers in public...coz they were shyt scared of us.

Nobody takes pride in those, we still celebrate independence day as a day we got freedom. If you had find anybody saying else.. its his problem .

derailed1.jpg

Britian colonized india for nearly 100 years robbing india and split yr country , yet we dont seem any anti briatain sentiment here or any where else in india, on the contrary india endorse its master culture to an extend that they even make english one of their official languages and proud of it too. oh and dont forget the CWG another reminder of colonization and India was so proud of hosting it even though it makes a complete mess of it.

the british ended the mughal rule...split or no split this is one way i love pakistan formation in 1947.my pak brothers are facing the jehadi wrath from afghanistan....thanks for that:pakistan:btw why do u being a communist country host an olympics and be proud of that...isnt that symbolized in the west as an capitalist sports endeavour......:rofl::rofl:
we are proud of english because we know how to speak ....and u dont.!!!!!!!!!

bcos pakistan was rugged mountain terrain that time having 0% developement and still lodged back in 1000 a.d.thats why u didint see anyone .....dont u know during british rule only 36 officers were posted to control whole of tibet......tibet is sizewise larger than pakistan my friend

You can strike Australia and the US off of that list.

-The US did harbour anti-British sentiments after winning its independence

-Australia was given its independence gradually and willingly. along with other predominantly Angelo dominions.

Statute of Westminster 1931 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You normally control your emotions, CS. But not this time it seems.

I wont even go into the fact that you have chosen a 1931 constitution article to press home your point and cast doubts on India's independence. If you'd hjave done a little more research you could have stumbled into this link, showing you the countries in which the Westminster Act is applicable.

It is a good point where's all the grievance against the UK. China beat you in a minor border clash started by India, and the British raped your country for 200 years/is responsible for setting India up with hostile neighbors in East and West Pakistan. Yet you kiss David Cameron hand and are protest/mistrustful of Wen's visit.

We kiss no-one's hand. Its just business and realpolitik and a person of your intelligence would know that. The media was gung-ho about Cameron, Sarkozy and Obama as we these countries are not our rivals. The same can't be said about China.

I wont protest Wen's visit and it would be stupid to do so. But I wouldn't want to be naive as well. I will sign all the deals with China but keeps my troops and foreign diplomats on their guards too. Call it distrust or whatever, the fact is that we are rivals in many ways. Where we can collaborate, we will but in areas like geo-politics, defence, where we can't, I will be on my guard.

Go read about Veerapandi Kattabomman and Pazasi rajah.... British Pissed on there Pants Hearing them, they fought the Brits Bravely and no body takes Pride for the Brits era...

So there are no differences in the way Canada and Australia gained its independence versus India? That was the just of my argument.

Also I fail to understand how Commonwealth realm is a rebuttal, without further explanation.

the british ended the mughal rule...split or no split this is one way i love pakistan formation in 1947.my pak brothers are facing the jehadi wrath from afghanistan....thanks for that:pakistan:btw why do u being a communist country host an olympics and be proud of that...isnt that symbolized in the west as an capitalist sports endeavour......:rofl::rofl:
we are proud of english because we know how to speak ....and u dont.!!!!!!!!!

Well said.

So there are no differences in the way Canada and Australia gained its independence versus India? That was the just of my argument.

Also I fail to understand how Commonwealth realm is a rebuttal, without further explanation.

Here are the commonwealth countries. Commonwealth realm countries are in blue. These are the ones where the Westminster law is applicable. As you'd see India is not a part of the realm. In simpler words, the law's applicability in India stopped after we gained independence in 1947.

File:Commonwealth_realms_map.svg

CS, Can you please elaborate your position?

If you are trying to say that all Indians have forgotten the british invasion and think that the western civilization epitomizes the ideals of modern india then that would be wrong.

There are a few "anglicized" Indians who are very active on the web giving a psuedo impression!

CS, Can you please elaborate your position?

If you are trying to say that all Indians have forgotten the british invasion and think that the western civilization epitomizes the ideals of modern india then that would be wrong.

There are a few "anglicized" Indians who are very active on the web giving a psuedo impression!

That is impression I am left with.

It is a stick that many here weld with glee when they feel like looking down on China. China isn't a liberal democracy, China isn't western in its outlook, China etc...

You can find plenty of these threads opened along this theme, here and in the China defence subforum. They seem to be in full agreement with whatever the western criticism of China happens to be.

Back
Top Bottom