What's new

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao's Visit to India

Here are the commonwealth countries. Commonwealth realm countries are in blue. These are the ones where the Westminster law is applicable. As you'd see India is not a part of the realm. In simpler words, the law's applicability in India stopped after we gained independence in 1947.

File:Commonwealth_realms_map.svg

I am not arguing the letter of the law, but in the spirit in which independence was given in each case.

the british ended the mughal rule...split or no split this is one way i love pakistan formation in 1947.my pak brothers are facing the jehadi wrath from afghanistan....thanks for that:pakistan:btw why do u being a communist country host an olympics and be proud of that...isnt that symbolized in the west as an capitalist sports endeavour......:rofl::rofl:
we are proud of english because we know how to speak ....and u dont.!!!!!!!!!

what is capitalist sports?
The Olympics or Olympic Games are international sporting events which are meant to foster cooperation and friendship between the nations of the world while also celebrating athleticism.

yeah and we all know that u r more proud of speaking english than speaking hindi...looolllll i call it an identity crisis after being colonised for so long.:rofl::rofl:

That is impression I am left with.

It is a stick that many here weld with glee when they feel like looking down on China. China isn't a liberal democracy, China isn't western in its outlook, China etc...

You can find plenty of these threads opened along this theme, here and in the China defence subforum. They seem to be in full agreement with whatever the western criticism of China happens to be.

I think with such posters, it is more a case of "using whatever serves your purpose" than "geniune love for western ideals"!

Also, AFA ideas of Democracy or individual freedom are concerned many Indians find resonance with them. Not because they are western in origin but because they appeal to the indian social mindset.

I think with such posters, it is more a case of "using whatever serves your purpose" than "geniune love for western ideals"!

Also, AFA ideas of Democracy or individual freedom are concerned many Indians find resonance with them. Not because they are western in origin but because they appeal to the indian social mindset.

To each his own and I respect that, but what is the point of finding fault with another people's governance when we are by and large satisfied and committed to it. It may be a case of grabbing the stick that happens to be there, but then I question the malice and hate that motivates that intent in the first place.

by johnny boy
the british ended the mughal rule...split or no split this is one way i love pakistan formation in 1947.my pak brothers are facing the jehadi wrath from afghanistan....thanks for thatbtw why do u being a communist country host an olympics and be proud of that...isnt that symbolized in the west as an capitalist sports endeavour......
we are proud of english because we know how to speak ....and u dont.!!!!!!!!!
mughals were already weakened by marathas.

To each his own and I respect that, but what is the point of finding fault with another people's governance when we are by and large satisfied and committed to it. It may be a case of grabbing the stick that happens to be there, but then I question the malice and hate that motivates the intent in the first place.

I've stopped questioning the motives of malicious posters long ago! Too many of them in every country. It is astonishing how far people will go to satisfy their tiny egos.

All I can say is; the "internet indian" is not a prototypical representative of actual indian mindset. Just as it is true for an "internet chinese" (been to China, so pretty sure about that!):cheers:

FWIW, even after discussing the good initiatives taken by the British for health-care in india; in my class of 200 english speaking students only 1 thought that British rule was good. :agree:

We need to benifit as much as we can from china's economic boom that will help us in achieving our desired objective more quickly....

What ever the relation with just focus on trade and bussiness and get benifit as much as we can..!

what is capitalist sports?
The Olympics or Olympic Games are international sporting events which are meant to foster cooperation and friendship between the nations of the world while also celebrating athleticism.

yeah and we all know that u r more proud of speaking english than speaking hindi...looolllll i call it an identity crisis after being colonised for so long.:rofl::rofl:

commonwealth games are also an international sporting events which are meant to foster cooperation and friendship between the nations of the world while also celebrating athleticism.

india has no identity crisis mate....dont hide ur inability of doing something by calling it an identity crisis....the way i see it its not long when we'll also be speakin chinese better than u.....as we did with english .....:rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Looking at our mediocrity,Sir Winston Churchill said-"Indians are fit to be ruled".So,we should shun our mediocrity and work hard to exploit our potential.This dream of a nation with its citizens who don't know the feeling of hunger,poverty etc is on its path to become a reality.So,let us admit our problems and work to solve them by utilizing our rights rather than to sit and curse "someone" who ruined our country.

I had created this thread with the genuine intention of tracking the developments during the Chinese Premier's trip to India and also discuss its implications. But the whole thread is now derailed. After Benny's Post (Post no. 5) no post is related to the thread.

I was hoping that we might get on track but this war of words is not ending.

Mods please close this thread since its not serving any purpose. It seems its very difficult to have a genuine discussion here regarding current events without bringing in pre-conceived notions of each other.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom